• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Sword/Shield DaveLocke Challenge

I need to update that tombstone graphic (I used it on previous Nuzlocke runs). The defeated Pokemon aren't considered dead, just vacationing a "sanctuary". I can release them as soon as I'm league champion.

The Final Battle… Do we win or do we lose?!

Time to replenish the party. I finally caught this guy - Fighting/Psychic?

WackerJoin.png

I needed one more so I decided to get this high level Ditto.

MichiganJoin.png

I had to take a break from the Championship to deal with some plot-related issues. But before jumping in, I wanted to do some camping. I was getting increasingly worried about what might come next.

2.png

Then it was off to deal with what I thought may be the climax of this story.

3.png

4.png

6.png

It was down to my Ditto, Michigan, and the Garbevor.

8.png

I wasn’t great at handling Michigan and we lost it.

MichiganDead.png

But I got a great replacement. This Doublade…

BelmontJoin.png

And I realized that I had a stone that could evolve it into Aegislash!

BelmontEvolution.png

Now if only my Snom would evolve. It’s on a high level, it gained levels at Camp, I have all kinds of items. But I don’t know how to evolve it past a weak little ice bug...

Now to continue the Championship battle…

9.png

But Bede is back as the new Fairy gym leader.

10.png

11.png

12.png

14.png

16.png

17.png

Finally the Dragon Badge gym leader… last battle before Leon I think!

18.png

Didn’t lose anyone in those two battles. Looks like I was afraid for no reason.

Ah, no more plot stuff first.

19.png

20.png

22.png

24.png

A climactic battle against this guy. But we lost Wacker. You can’t tell from what I’ve put out but Wacker was ESSENTIAL during these last few fights and it felt like he was around for a much longer time...

WackerDead.png

So now it’s time to get my final Pokémon of this run. I knew about the Eevee evolution that kept appearing in the Wilds. I tried catching it before, but this time I got that Leafeon.

DearbornJoin.png

Just some final camping before we take down Eternatus…

26.png

Wait.. the Snom! It’s evolving! Finally!

RushEvolution.png

How did this happen? Well I looked it up after the fact. Apparently Snoms evolve when their friendship is high enough at camp. And that’s exactly what I was doing. Since I can’t fight Wild Pokémon for XP I play with them at camp and make curry for them to heal them since I can’t buy items. DaveLocke makes camp have a good purpose.

Rush evolving is my favorite part of this run. And with that it’s time to take down Eternatus!

29.png

No problem. I got an Eternatus.. But I don’t think I can or should use him for this DaveLocke challenge. I’m taking my excellent team to the final battle against Leon.

My team is now: Kedzie the level 70 Haxorus, Belmont the Aegislash, Fulton the Mudsdale - the oldest team member, Cullen the dancing HitmonTop, Rush the recently evolved Frosmoth, and finally Dearborn the new Leafeon.

30.png

Rush was first to go. Despite how great it was that he evolved, he just wasn’t up to this challenge.

31.png

RushDead.png

Fulton didn’t have much of a chance either.

FultonDead.png

Belmont fought long and hard and did all he could.

BelmontDead.png

Cullen danced his last dance.

32.png

CullenDead.png

Finally, all I had left were 2 Pokémon - the super powerful Kedzie and the leaf-type Dearborn. Leon had only his Charizard left and he dynamaxed it.

Kedzie’s health was too low. If I dynamaxed Kedzie, the Charizard would defeat him, then Dearborn, would be up against a fire-typed ultra dynamaxed Charizard alone.

So I did the only thing I could do, I sacrificed Kedzie to the Charizard just to use up another Dynamx turn.

KedzieDead.png

This would leave me with only the Leafeon, Dearborn, weak against his fire-type Charizard. But I had one advantage, I hadn’t used my dynamx yet while Leon just used his up.
33.png

34.png

But it wasn’t enough and the Charizard one-shotted my dynamaxed Leafeon.

DearbornDead.png

So that’s it...

35.png

We lost. DaveLocke challenge over. Lost on the final Pokémon of the final battle…

Party10.png

The End

Last edited:
I'm not allowed to grind in DaveLocke. But I should have scoured the Wild Area for a little longer for one more energy root. That would have healed Kedzie enough to withstand Leon's dynamaxed Charizard and would have made a big difference.

I'm not allowed to grind in DaveLocke. But I should have scoured the Wild Area for a little longer for one more energy root. That would have healed Kedzie enough to withstand Leon's dynamaxed Charizard and would have made a big difference.

Leafeon has below average Special Defense and didn't have much EVs as you had captured him shortly before the battle so he wouldn't have resisted the hit anyway. You can sleep in peace.

Kedzie was the Haxorus. He was high level and well trained. That Leafeon was high level but had never even seen combat. It was only trained with the warm fuzzies of camping together.

I am interested in trying this again soon so please let me know if you have any feedback I should consider in my next attempt.

Also, how do you think I could incorporate the DLC? Should I be allowed to recruit Pokemon from the new Wilds? Should I participate in the DLC storyline, or would that make me overpowered?

Yes I am. Just some questions though.

Can I use XP Candies from Dynamax Dens if I were to catch them?
Can I train using Camp.
Let's say I accidentally kill a pokemon and get XP, what next?

I think you can use XP Candies. I didn't do any dynamax den fights so I didn't account for how they could change things.

You can and definitely should play with your Pokemon at camp and get XP for that.

If it's accidental, then it's fine. In fact, running into Pokemon accidentally or unavoidably and getting XP from them is included in the challenge.

Since I didn't find any convenient way to save my Pokemon, I'm willing to give the Pokemon I acquired in this run away to anyone who wants them. Let me know if you do, before I delete the save file and start again.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom