• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon You Think That Ash Should've or Shouldn't've Caught, Kept or Released or Should've Evolve or Mega Evolve

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Ash has obtained so many Pokémon in all previous regions, from Kanto to Alola. As of the Sun & Moon anime series finale, Ash has Pikachu for the only Pokémon that he has on hand. His six Pokémon that he had formally released back into the wild include Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras, Greninja, Goodra and Naganadel. Ash's only two Pokémon that he had traded away to the other Trainer for their Pokémon include a Gentleman's Raticate, plus Dawn's Aipom, now her Ambipom in training with O. Ash's only Pokémon that he had given away to its new Trainer Casey in order for her to keep it for herself is her Beedrill. Ash only for Pokémon that he had traveled with, but had never officially caught include Sabrina's Haunter, a wild Tyranitar, Rotom Pokédex as now an Aether Paradise worker, and Nebby, the nickname of Solgaleo. Ash's only four Pokémon that he has currently kept at Professor Kukui's home include Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar and Melmetal. Ash's only two Pokémon that he has kept in training with others are Squirtle and Primeape. Finally at last, most of his Pokémon that he has kept at Professor Oak's Laboratory include Bulbasaur, Charizard, Kingler, Muk, a herd of thirty Tauros, Snorlax, Heracross, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Noctowl, Donphan, Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie, Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, Gliscor, Gible, Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, Krookodile, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern. So, please let me know which of Pokémon you think should've or shouldn't've caught, kept in his party or released back into the wild, or should've fully-evolve and/or Mega Evolve, why, and whether or not you think will be able to Dynamax or Gigantamax any of his Pokémon capable of Dynamaxing or Gigantamaxing, Thanks.

Last edited:
He should have caught Scyther, Cubone, Nidoran (male), Larvitar, Sneasel, Mr. Mime and Beldum.
He shouldn't have caught Butterfree, Kingler, Tauros, Muk, Lapras, and all of his Pokémon from Johto on with an exception of Glalie.
He should have kept Squirtle, Primeape and Pidgeot.
He should never permanently leave his team at Oak's or nowhere else for that matter.

Ash's Boldore was literally his FIRST rock type ever since Brock left the main cast, and it was horrible. If only he evolved it into a Gigalith that it would be a good Pokemon. Then again, Ash's Unova team was as reliable as the physical manifestation of a Wet Fart, so what am I to judge?

Also, his Gible should have definitely evolved into at least a Gabite.

Gible and snivy are deserve to evolve ( at least 2nd stage)...
Palpitoad must have some more screen time or it should not caught...
Charizard should get mega evolution or at least gigantamax in future...
Ash should catch Jangmo-o in previous series...

I know that seven of Ash's officially owned Pokémon, including Charizard, Butterfree, Pikachu, Kingler, Lapras, Snorlax and Melmetal have been capable of Gigantamaxes. However, it is unknown whether or not any of them will be able to Gigantamax for the first time, what do you think?

I think all of his starter Pokémon should have evolved. I don't get why they have to play favorites every generations.

I also don't get why they were so against giving Satoshi a Mega evolution in XY. I wonder if Greninja was supposed to get a new Mega in Pokémon Z but they decided to make the SM games instead and didn't want to focus on the old gimmick anymore.

I also wish Satoshi would have caught Mimikyu instead of Team Rocket. It would have had a better motivation to get into a conflict with Pikachu if it was jealous and giving Team Rocket such a strong Pokémon feels like a waste.

It would have been interesting if Satoshi had caught an Eevee and evolved it into an Espeon. It could have had a rivalry with Shigeru's Umbreon which would also give him a reason to appear more often.

I think all of his starter Pokémon should have evolved. I don't get why they have to play favorites every generations.

I also don't get why they were so against giving Satoshi a Mega evolution in XY. I wonder if Greninja was supposed to get a new Mega in Pokémon Z but they decided to make the SM games instead and didn't want to focus on the old gimmick anymore.

I really doubt that Pokemon Z was ever in development. Despite how much some fans wanted that version, I don't think that there was any solid evidence to point out that they scrapped Z in favor of Sun/Moon. That being said, I'm still surprised that the Kalos starters didn't get Mega Evolutions in the sixth generation.

Emelie said:
I also wish Satoshi would have caught Mimikyu instead of Team Rocket. It would have had a better motivation to get into a conflict with Pikachu if it was jealous and giving Team Rocket such a strong Pokémon feels like a waste.

It would have been interesting if Satoshi had caught an Eevee and evolved it into an Espeon. It could have had a rivalry with Shigeru's Umbreon which would also give him a reason to appear more often.

I never really thought of Ash getting Mimikyu. That would have been an interesting setup. I was okay with Mimikyu going with Team Rocket, but I thought it would have gone to James instead of Jessie. Ash getting an Espeon during Johto would have been really cool though. That would have been a nice mirror to Gary's Umbreon and they could have battled during the Johto League. Ash having a Psychic type would have been pretty cool too.

Cyndaquil definitely should have evolved during Johto. It battled so often in a lot of Ash's Gym battles. I still remember thinking that it was about to evolve after it defeated Jasmine's Steelix. I also kind of wish that Bayleef had fully evolved. It felt like they didn't want to give Ash another fully evolved starter just to make his Johto team different from his Kanto team. I wouldn't have mind Totodile evolving too, but I would have been happy with giving it more battles too.

Ideally, I would have loved it if Ash got a Riolu during DP instead of Gliscor, but I would have been fine with Ash getting Gible too. I never had a problem that it didn't evolve. It was a late series capture and Gible still got a good amount of screentime all things considered. Still, having it earlier during DP would have given it more screentime and possibly made it more believable for it to become a Gabite.

I still wish that Ash caught a Skiddo during XY. His XY team really needed a Grass type and I would have preferred Ash having a Gogoat over a Noivern anyway. I might have been okay with Ash's Rowlet evolving if it felt like it was more than a gag Pokemon.

Aside from already mentioned ideas, I think Buizel should have evolved in DP. It was being set up as a powerhouse for a bit then fell off hard later on.

My theory is it's because no gen 6 Pokémon could mega evolve, and they generally want him to only use Pikachu+current gen Pokémon, so they ended up creating Ash-Greninja so he'd have something similar rather than completely ignoring the new battle mechanic.

He shouldn't have released Goodra, Greninja, Naganadel, nor have left his Alola team behind....

And Gible should have evolved
He didn’t release his alola team. But yeah he shouldn’t released Goodra and greninja. As for naganadel I’m not that crazy about it since it didn’t really do much until its return and even then it just felt out of left field.

I don’t understand what your response means, or why you think not, or what you think he should do?
He means that every since DP league ash hasn’t brought back any of his old Pokémon except as popular demand or cameos.

Aside from already mentioned ideas, I think Buizel should have evolved in DP. It was being set up as a powerhouse for a bit then fell off hard later on.

My theory is it's because no gen 6 Pokémon could mega evolve, and they generally want him to only use Pikachu+current gen Pokémon, so they ended up creating Ash-Greninja so he'd have something similar rather than completely ignoring the new battle mechanic.
It would’ve better if he gave him a mega especially since he has four Pokémon that can mega evolve. (Charizard, Heracross, Glalie, and Sceptile.) Plus they could have ash’s charizard vs alain’s charizard.

I think they should have given ash a psychic ghost and fairy type. I can think of a few that would fit ash. Haunter, Espeon, Sableye, Medicham, Gallade, Aegislash, Slurpuff, Rimbombee, Oricorio sensu style.

I really doubt that Pokemon Z was ever in development. Despite how much some fans wanted that version, I don't think that there was any solid evidence to point out that they scrapped Z in favor of Sun/Moon. That being said, I'm still surprised that the Kalos starters didn't get Mega Evolutions in the sixth generation.

I never really thought of Ash getting Mimikyu. That would have been an interesting setup. I was okay with Mimikyu going with Team Rocket, but I thought it would have gone to James instead of Jessie. Ash getting an Espeon during Johto would have been really cool though. That would have been a nice mirror to Gary's Umbreon and they could have battled during the Johto League. Ash having a Psychic type would have been pretty cool too.

Cyndaquil definitely should have evolved during Johto. It battled so often in a lot of Ash's Gym battles. I still remember thinking that it was about to evolve after it defeated Jasmine's Steelix. I also kind of wish that Bayleef had fully evolved. It felt like they didn't want to give Ash another fully evolved starter just to make his Johto team different from his Kanto team. I wouldn't have mind Totodile evolving too, but I would have been happy with giving it more battles too.

Ideally, I would have loved it if Ash got a Riolu during DP instead of Gliscor, but I would have been fine with Ash getting Gible too. I never had a problem that it didn't evolve. It was a late series capture and Gible still got a good amount of screentime all things considered. Still, having it earlier during DP would have given it more screentime and possibly made it more believable for it to become a Gabite.

I still wish that Ash caught a Skiddo during XY. His XY team really needed a Grass type and I would have preferred Ash having a Gogoat over a Noivern anyway. I might have been okay with Ash's Rowlet evolving if it felt like it was more than a gag Pokemon.
I actually agree with mimikyu I feel like it would’ve had more potential if it was with ash. So we could learn why it hated pikachu so much, it felt wasted on Jessie

Still mad that he didn’t get a Passimian. That thing screams “Ash”

And yes, I know the current Passimian episode would make it a Tauros situation, but I assume the ep would be somewhat different if the endgame was different

Still mad that he didn’t get a Passimian. That thing screams “Ash”

And yes, I know the current Passimian episode would make it a Tauros situation, but I assume the ep would be somewhat different if the endgame was different
I know right but it’s moveset isn’t really that good.

Ash would have totally rocked Alolan Sandslash imo.

Rowlet really should have evolved. Could have been his first ghost type.

I don't like Ash with Incineroar so I kind of wish Litten never evolved... Better yet, I kind of wished he didn't get Litten.

Not here for Poipole/Naganadel and Meltan/Melmetal too.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom