• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon You Think That Ash Should've or Shouldn't've Caught, Kept or Released or Should've Evolve or Mega Evolve

Technically, it could evolve while it was attacking with the stone.

Exactly! There's so many ways they could have developed the story. Say maybe it fires an attack and it gets caught off guard and evolved. That'll be cute!

Since it was still holding an Everstone, it physically couldn't evolve. I don't really mind that Rowlet didn't evolve. While I think it started off the series promising, it spent the bulk of SM just sleeping and being treated like a gag Pokemon. Then the writers attempted to make up for that by giving it a bunch of new moves near the end, but that just felt forced and some of its victories later on were pretty bad too. If they wanted Rowlet to evolve, then it should have been used more than just a gag Pokemon and its sleeping should have been treated as a problem to overcome.

Exactly. Evolving it would have made it less of a gag pokemon.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it, Ash has released too many freaking Pokemon in the past 5 years. He should keep everything this saga, if anyone needs to release stuff it should be Go. Let somebody other than Ash and the TRio do a release for a change...

I stopped minding Rowlet later on, but Rowlet became so vulnerable when it’s Seed Bomb-everstone was thrown for attack that it was ridiculous. It spend half the time vs Decidueye fetching its Everstone after it was thrown away uselessly with leaf blade.
And guess which useless move did Ash command next?

Exactly. Evolving it would have made it less of a gag pokemon.

It would have needed to become less of a gag Pokemon before evolving for it to work in my opinion. Rowlet suddenly evolving into Dartrix after throwing out the Everstone wouldn't necessarily change anything. It would still just be sleeping all the time. Not to mention having few battles between the second Grand Trial and its battle against Dartrix would make its evolution feel really forced. I think people were upset when Rowlet used the Everstone to learn Seed Bomb, but I was okay with it. It was already really obvious that Rowlet wasn't going to evolve, or at least not become a Decidueye, so I was fine with the writers making it clearer that Rowlet wasn't going to evolve.

Ash probably shouldn't have bothered with Noibat/Noivern.

Noivern is one of my favourite mons so to see it quickly grow from a cute little Noibat to a Noivern that jobbed and jobbed even harder and quicker than Steven Seagal's movie career was beyond painful to watch.

Poor thing never stood a chance once a certain ninja frog took the limelight.
I’m fine with noivern because I like his design. I just don’t like how he was treated in the anime and how he was basically Goodra’s replacement.

I am surprised how people do not go for the shiny phantump. I really thought Ash should have caught it.
Also, in XY, the litleo episode, I honestly thought he would catch it, because he would start following Ash.
Both never happened as we all know now.

I am surprised how people do not go for the shiny phantump. I really thought Ash should have caught it.
Also, in XY, the litleo episode, I honestly thought he would catch it, because he would start following Ash.
Both never happened as we all know now.

I do remember some speculation on Ash getting that Shiny Phantump before the episode aired, but I never had much of a problem with that. While Ash really needed a Grass type for his XY team, it was just far too late for him to get on by that point in the series. I really love Litleo, but I don't think it would have made sense for Ash to catch it. The point of that episode was for Litleo to become strong enough to take care of itself after it was thrown out of its pride. Deciding to follow Ash instead wouldn't have worked and there wasn't really any bonding between Litleo or any of the other characters. Plus, Talonflame covered the Fire type role in Ash's team. He already had three part Flying types by the end of XY, so he didn't need two part Fire types on top of it.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom