• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon You Think That Ash Should've or Shouldn't've Caught, Kept or Released or Should've Evolve or Mega Evolve

Ash shouldn't have caught Gible imo since in the end it didn't accomplish much other than troll Piplup and get a couple of fights at the Sinnoh league. I wish that Ash had caught Eevee during SuMo so that the 'when will Ash get an Eeveelution?!!" speculation would have finally ended.

Aside from already mentioned ideas, I think Buizel should have evolved in DP. It was being set up as a powerhouse for a bit then fell off hard later on.

I would have loved to see Buizel evolve. It battled a lot and a Floatzel could have worked nicely for Ash. It would have looked more intimidating, while still having a bit of cute marketability. That's also why I wish Oshawott had evolved. Dewott would have been cute and tough looking at the same time, which would have been a good compromise if they didn't want to fully evolve it.

I still say that Ash should have gotten Lana’s Eevee. Under Lana’s care, after it was caught, it literally did nothing except exist as a prop. Ash could have made much better use of it.

I'm not sure how much better use Ash could have gotten with Eevee. Meltan didn't really get that much to do beyond a couple of battles either. Since SM wasn't too battle heavy and Eevee would have been at a disadvantage during the last Grand Trial anyway, I don't think that Sandy would have been handled that much better under Ash's training. I'm fine with Lana capturing it, but they really should have given Sandy something to do. They did a good job with the buildup to its capture episode, so having it do virtually nothing afterwards was just disappointing.

I really wanted Ash's Rowlet,Oshawott and Boldore to reach their final stage.Decidueye fits Ash perfectly.

Gible and Snivy should have evolved atleast once to Gabite and Servine.

Scraggy could have also evolved to Scrafty

Ash should not have caught Palpitoad at all

I still don't get why the writers got rid of Greninja and Goodra.If they were oaked he could use them in the future.

There are a few pokemon I wanted ash to catch.But among them the one that suits him most is Flygon.Such an ash type pokemon it is

I really wanted ash’s rowlet to evolve, I mean think about ash could have had his first ghost type since he did the ghost trial in Ula’ula but he never got the ghost z crystal. Plus his rowlet was kind of hinting at that during his totem battle and grand trial since rowlet’s strategy was to hide and attack.

Ash should've gotten the Eevee that Lana got. Also I don't think he should've gotten Meltan since in the end it was treated as less of a Mythical and more like any run of the mill Pokemon.

Ash should've gotten the Eevee that Lana got. Also I don't think he should've gotten Meltan since in the end it was treated as less of a Mythical and more like any run of the mill Pokemon.
I’m actually glad he got meltan instead of eevee because they would’ve just used it to promote let’s go eevee and I like how meltan didn’t have an arc it just felt like a normal Pokémon which makes him still ash’s first mythical Pokémon ever.

I’m actually glad he got meltan instead of eevee because they would’ve just used it to promote let’s go eevee and I like how meltan didn’t have an arc it just felt like a normal Pokémon which makes him still ash’s first mythical Pokémon ever.
Plus can you imagine how dumb the actors would sound if they said any it’s new moves like bubbly bubble, baddy bad, or zippy zap. That’s just baby talk, something no Pokémon series should suffer through.

Ash probably shouldn't have bothered with Noibat/Noivern.

Noivern is one of my favourite mons so to see it quickly grow from a cute little Noibat to a Noivern that jobbed and jobbed even harder and quicker than Steven Seagal's movie career was beyond painful to watch.

Poor thing never stood a chance once a certain ninja frog took the limelight.

Noibat/Noivern might be here for a few episodes, focus and screentime he got in those few episodes is pretty enough for me. In fact, anything you say about Noibat is also could be said about Goodra: they both in the team for a shorter period compared to others, but got so much focus in that short time, again, compared to others.

Gible barely had any screentime, character development aside. How is that a good idea of Gible actually evolving by doing almost nothing, akin to Lana's Brionne?
He did prove his worth in battle, though.

Either way, he was a victim of late series appearence. Had they introduced Gible earlier and given him more screentime, surely he’d have evolved.

Ash probably shouldn't have bothered with Noibat/Noivern.

Noivern is one of my favourite mons so to see it quickly grow from a cute little Noibat to a Noivern that jobbed and jobbed even harder and quicker than Steven Seagal's movie career was beyond painful to watch.

Poor thing never stood a chance once a certain ninja frog took the limelight.

I don't think that Greninja getting more focus with its own form was the main problem. There was nothing for Noibat to really do between learning to fly and evolve, aside from that one episode where it learns Acrobatics. They had plenty of time to give Noibat something to do before Ash-Greninja showed up and they really didn't. It was just a quick replacement for Goodra and they made it evolve with no real battling experience so that Ash could have a mostly fully evolved team in time for the Kalos League. Greninja getting more focus during the last stretch of XY probably didn't help matters, but I don't think it was biggest reason why it was handled so poorly. I do agree that they shouldn't have bothered to give it to Ash if its development was just going to be even more rushed than Goodra's despite having more time to actually work on it.

I'm not sure why people wanted Gible to evolve so much. For a late series capture, Gible got a pretty decent amount of screentime and battles. It was handled better than most of Ash's other late series captures in my opinion. Gible becoming a Gabite would have been neat, but I'm not upset that it didn't happen either, especially when people would then be upset that Ash didn't get his own Garchomp.

Ash shouldn’t have evolved Torracat because it’s just unesscesary to evolve him near the end. Plus it didn’t learn Darkist Lariat

I kinda/sorta agree. If I'm being honest and I had my way, Litten wouldn't have evolved at all. I just thought he was funnier and cuter as a Litten than as a Torracat. On the other hand yeah I thought that Ash having Incineroar at the very end of SuMo felt kinda hollow and pointless since Incineroar didn't do that much by that point. I love Incineroar as a Pokemon though I just didn't think Ash needed one that late in the saga; if it had to evolve at all it should've happened way before the Alola league imo.

I kinda/sorta agree. If I'm being honest and I had my way, Litten wouldn't have evolved at all. I just thought he was funnier and cuter as a Litten than as a Torracat.

Absolutely. And I didn't really see why Rowlet couldn't evolve because it only took up the everstone as a way of learning new moves, not because of a refusal to evolve. Like it would have been nice seeing it find a way of coping in battles without the everstone.

Absolutely. And I didn't really see why Rowlet couldn't evolve because it only took up the everstone as a way of learning new moves, not because of a refusal to evolve. Like it would have been nice seeing it find a way of coping in battles without the everstone.

Since it was still holding an Everstone, it physically couldn't evolve. I don't really mind that Rowlet didn't evolve. While I think it started off the series promising, it spent the bulk of SM just sleeping and being treated like a gag Pokemon. Then the writers attempted to make up for that by giving it a bunch of new moves near the end, but that just felt forced and some of its victories later on were pretty bad too. If they wanted Rowlet to evolve, then it should have been used more than just a gag Pokemon and its sleeping should have been treated as a problem to overcome.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom