• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Possible DLC Thread for ORAS

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
Since a lot of people seem to be upset that all of the Emerald features, among other things, got removed in ORAS. However, in the age of DLC, we could possibly get all of that back... And even more things beyond the removed Emerald features! In fact, we could get revamped e-reader berries, new trainers like the e-reader could give in Mossdeep City back in the original games. Heck, why not throw Trainer Hill in there! Heck, enough people asked for it, we might even get new mini games, maybe even some for Pokemon Amie.

Since the post game isn't much past episode Delta, what you like to see for possible DLC regarding ORAS? Discuss!

Ideas for DLC:

Battle Frontier (or at least the first facility, the one depicted at the Resort)

Mega Flygon and Milotic (Used by Wallace)

Wallace becomes Champion, Steven can be rematched at Meteor Falls daily

Game Corner reopens as an Arcade

Assumeing gamefreak does choose the dlc route (very unlikely) heres what i could see happening

Well where the e-reader area in mosdeep was tehres a guy in there waiting for a secret base to appear outside his house I think that might become dlc or have something to do with hoppa

the battle frontier-5 dollars

Some more on lookers loss of memory -5 dollars

The emerald pack- makes it so you can rematch gym leaders, jaun becomes gym leader wallace becomes champion (3d model optional with a mega gyrados unless they dlc some megas) steven can be found in metor falls every (insert day here) and tell you rocks he's seen in other regions and battle you using his black 2 team ( if there was any differences) the battle frontier has been built and the maison becomes a place to battle the gym leaders in their rematchs- total 10 dollars (seems fair

Last edited:
I like the idea of an Emerald Pack DLC.

1. Wallace as champion (okay, cool). Steven can be fought daily at Meteor Falls and he gets a special trainer title (Devon Heir or something). He also gives out special stones after every battle.
2. Battle Frontier
3. Clothing options for the player character. Maybe not a whole closet, but at least the old RSE outfits.
4. Gym Leader rematches with Mega Evolutions. I'd love the idea of a Mega Doubles against Tate and Liza (Mega Gardevoir and Gallade - how cool is that?)
5. Looker quests

Edited with more ideas based off other replies

Battle Frontier (or at least the first facility, the one depicted at the Resort)

Mega Flygon and Milotic, maybe some others

Wallace becomes Champion, Steven can be rematched at Meteor Falls daily with a unique title

Game Corner reopens as an Arcade, ultimate prize is Flygonite (gg)

Gym leader rematches with Mega Evolutions

Expanded Looker quest (maybe he's the agent that was on the SS Anne and the Anne sunk?)

Wardrobe options (Original R/S outfits, Emerald outfits, and outfits of past protagonists)

I've thought of some interesting ones:
  • New Trick House Rooms, like ones based on the team you didn't face in your game (Team Aqua in OR, Team Magma in AS)
  • Special Secret Bases in Mossdeep City with matches from characters that didn't show up (like Juan)
  • Battle Frontier (duh)
  • another side-quest involving Zinnia looking for an alternite universe Aster
  • A Looker side-quest as to why has has amnesia
  • Battles with characters from other Pokémon media (like Alan)
  • Sevii Islands!
  • Repurposed e-reader berries

I'd like to see something more than Episode Delta as the only post-game sidequest, for example the Looker sidequest or perhaps the Battle Frontier sidequest.

I however doubt that GF is going to turn these into DLCs though based on what they usually do; they're probably more than likely to put all of these into an updated $40 third version Pokemon game with a bunch of minor additions rather than a $5 DLC for existing games, but then, it's not impossible.

Gamefreak have made it clear that they believe ORAS is a companion, not a successor, to XY. Hence the lack of customisation, the various incompatibilities and the constant references between the two games. That is why I think any DLC will be both for ORAS and XY.

Possible content for this hypothetical cross-DLC:
-Emerald Battle Frontier (accessible by Soaring in ORAS, by boat in both)
-Flygonite, Miloticite + more
-Some extra explorable side area around the frontier. Emerald only had Artisan cave: there may be more landmarks like this, or the ability to explore the area around the island in DLC.
-A bit of story with Scott and the Frontier Brains (no more Looker please)
-The Battle Tower to take over from the Maison. The Maison will be repurposed to a PWT-style feature for gym leader rematches and the like.

This is basically Emerald BF, but with a bit more, similar to how they treated other returning features from RS.

EDIT: This does still miss a lot of Emerald features. It's possible a second DLC could include Juan and champion Wallace, Match Call, reopened Euro-friendly Game Corner etc. More likely, I think the cross-DLC will have the ORAS version with these features and an XY version with different features like Rhyhorn races.

Last edited:
I really hopefully there will be DLC, even if you have to pay for it. I wonder how likely it is for us to get DLC? Anyway...

-The Emerald Battle Frontier, maybe in the area the Battle Maison and the like is, and maybe explain how it got to be with Scott, that guy with sunglasses who owns the Battle Frontier or something. Maybe the Battle Tower can somehow be integrated with the Battle Maison, despite them working the same.
-Some of the extra Emerald places, like Desert Underpass (where you can get the other Fossil)
-Able to challenge the Trick House over and over and over and over and over and over and over revo dna orve nad...
-Being able to Battle Juan (or him being in the Master Rank Contest), and having Wallace be Champion, and Steven hunting for rare stones in Meteor Falls, and being able to battle him everyday (And maybe after you defeat him, you get a random stone, such as a Leaf Stone or Dawn Stone.).
-Having other notible pertisipants in the Pokemon Contests, such as Steel-Type Gym Leader Jasmine, Johanna (Your mom in Pokemon DPP), Ghost-Type Gym Leader Fantina, among others.
-Being able to play the Wi-fi Palace mini-games somehow.

Everyone else pretty much said the same thing, so yeah. I might think (or expand appon) of more later though.

Do you think it'll be likely they'll add any DLC (or updates, or even releasing an updated game.)?

This DLC is probably gonna be pretty big, with a story and a major gameplay update. I think overall, if they charge for it as well, at the least the megas would be free to allow compatibility. I also think they can spice things up and go batshit insane cause its DLC, not the main story. What I'm considering is this. Wallace was given the position of champion, or alluded to at the end of Episode Delta. However when you defeat him and Lisia in the Beauty Master Rank, he mentions how he might have to overthrow you as champion, more or less. Meanwhile Juan is mentioned as his mentor, which opens up the idea that they haven't forgotten him after all. Where I'm going with this is simple. The DLC would have you battle and actually lose, for the first time in the series, against Wallace. You lose the champion status, but keep your badges. The lack of gym rematches is cause you have to re-battle the gym leaders and regain access to the league. Emerald teams, Juan, and hell who knows, even maybe Mega Evos, considering how each leader has 1 Pokemon that mega-evolves in their emerald teams. You can tackle them in any order you want, and while you do so a story unfolds with Looker. By the time you're done with the league, the frontier is open for business, and scott grants you access after regaining the title of champion.

Some guys from a french pokemon stie met Ohmori and questioned him about the abscense of the BF and if there's any incoming DLC, the only Ohmori said was : "I can't answer you". Really really weird.

Some guys from a french pokemon stie met Ohmori and questioned him about the abscense of the BF and if there's any incoming DLC, the only Ohmori said was : "I can't answer you". Really really weird.

Nothing really weird about that, actually. They can't disclose anything about future events and/or games, regardless of how likely/unlikely it is to appear. Standard company policy.

I bet that Mr. Masuda is just sitting there doing nothing. He probaly dislikes DLC...BUT I DISAGREE.

I bet that Mr. Masuda is just sitting there doing nothing. He probaly dislikes DLC...BUT I DISAGREE.

What Masuda has said about DLC, is (IIRC):
-That we aren't going to get a patch for balancing the game.
-That GameFreak won't make Pokemon games have DLC paid added content when the games are being released. In other words, this type of DLC won't happen in a Gamefreak game.
-That when a complete game is just released, GameFreak are only going to do patches to fix bugs in the game.

Releasing paid DLC with new content months (or even years) after the game was released that add actual content to the games is fair game. Note that exist the very likely option that, if this type of DLC are released, you can buy the game in retail stores like always.

All I would want for DLC is Mega Rapidash, Mega Zebstrika, and Juan to appear somewhere. I don't care what his role is, I just want Juan back. He was my favorite thing about Emerald. Because he's fabulous and his artwork is even epic because he's doing the eyebrow! I also liked him a lot in the anime. PLEASE GAME FREAK, BRING BACK JUAN!

If more Megas is too much to ask though, I would like my desired Megas for the XY followup(s) instead. ^^

-That GameFreak won't make Pokemon games have DLC paid added content when the games are being released. In other words, this type of DLC won't happen in a Gamefreak game.
-That when a complete game is just released, GameFreak are only going to do patches to fix bugs in the game.

Releasing paid DLC with new content months (or even years) after the game was released that add actual content to the games is fair game. Note that exist the very likely option that, if this type of DLC are released, you can buy the game in retail stores like always.

He is against paod DLC that adds nothing of value, not all paid DLC. He gave a good example, that if you charge 1 euro, you need 1 euro of content(well 100 yen, but its the same thing). It was always fair game. Anyway, I think we're gonna get wind of this in January, with an april-may release. Megas like I said will be free, and once the XY dlc gets released in October-November, both games will have the entire amount of megas. The reason I think megas will happen is primarily the Mega Evo Part 3special, everything has been covered already, what is keft to advertise? Just the primals? 5 monyhs after release?

He is against paod DLC that adds nothing of value, not all paid DLC. He gave a good example, that if you charge 1 euro, you need 1 euro of content(well 100 yen, but its the same thing). It was always fair game. Anyway, I think we're gonna get wind of this in January, with an april-may release. Megas like I said will be free, and once the XY dlc gets released in October-November, both games will have the entire amount of megas. The reason I think megas will happen is primarily the Mega Evo Part 3 special, everything has been covered already, what is keft to advertise? Just the primals? 5 months after release?

The reason I think megas will happen is primarily the Mega Evo Part 3 special, everything has been covered already, what is keft to advertise? Just the primals? 5 months after release?
I don't know about that. The only Mega Evolutions that appeared for more than a few seconds in Act II were Mega Metagross and Mega Rayquaza. Advertising shouldn't be that minimal.

And then it ended with a shot of everything else with the oras protags. Either that was to establish a tease for part 3, or they rushed em out to make room for more.

Back
Top Bottom