• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Post Game - Thoughts and Feelings?

I mean, there should be at least one easily accessible battling place like the Nimbasa Stadiums for me to keep playing the game. The way they handled the solution in X and Y just makes the whole thing unenjoyable. I prefer that I don't keep fighting the low leveled Pokemon as my way to keep playing, which is why I still prefer the Nimbasa Stadiums over the Lumiose City Restaurants.

I agree that the post game shouldn't matter as long as the main game's storyline is long and deep enough which for pokemon it has never been. Gen 5 was close to it but it still felt short.
For me a new post-game story isn't as important as having lots of features to keep me interested in playing for long enough. Features such as the battle frontier, contests, pokeathlon, PWT, etc. I generally never play the battle tower clones because they are full of hax and the reward for playing in them is practically non-existant.

I really would like the Battle Frontier back. Why did Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire replace it with the Battle Resort? The idea of Rental Pokémon at the Battle Factory and the tourney at the Battle Dome was fun. Especially the Battle Dome where I enjoy looking through the bracket. In fact, I think there should be a Link Tourney.

I really would like the Battle Frontier back. Why did Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire replace it with the Battle Resort? The idea of Rental Pokémon at the Battle Factory and the tourney at the Battle Dome was fun. Especially the Battle Dome where I enjoy looking through the bracket. In fact, I think there should be a Link Tourney.
Because Masuda thinks kids (the target audience) “would rather spend time on their phones, so why bother putting in something only a handful of people enjoy?” Game Freak seems discouraged from putting in expansive features in general because of the smartphone generation potentially ignoring them. If anything, making things shorter and easier will only make their games ignored more and more as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Basically, Game Freak is on a downward spiral of having little confidence in themselves and their content.

HGSS and BW2 have some of the best Post-Game content, what with the former having an entire region to explore for goodies and the latter having a beloved send-off to the previous four generations in the PWT on top of letting you explore the aftermath of the main story events

For XY and SM, the Looker missions were great and it's a damn shame they were absent from ORAS and USM - especially since USM gave us the Ultra Wormhole worlds to visit, even if they were glorified corridors

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom