• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Price is Right - Signups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsach

Team Instinct from day one.
Reaction score
COME ON DOWN!

It's The Price is Right!

Eligibility Requirements:
1) You must have been a member of the site for at least two weeks.
2) You must have made at least 15 posts total.
##These are just rules from where I used to host these games that have been modified to fit Bulbagarden.
===========================================================
Rules:
1. I will send you a PM when you are called down to Contestant's Row, but it's your responsibility to check your messages frequently to make sure you don't miss my PM.

2. 24 hours for everything! If you fail to meet this 24-hour deadline once, you will be skipped in Contestant's Row, and I will call up another person if you miss this deadline during a pricing game, the Showcase Showdown, or the Showcases. If you miss the deadline twice in Contestant's Row, you will be eliminated.

3. Audience participation is encouraged. This ain't the normal Price is Right peanut gallery; I'm sure any advice you give will help in some way.

4. Players will be chosen in a random way, however, a first four spot will be given away (see next section).

5. The show will be played in a normal setting of 6 pricing games, 2 showcase showdowns and 1 showcase round.
First Four Competition:
I will give away one first four spot to the person who correctly guesses the first game in the show. (see here for full list of games) (NOTE: While the list contains 117 games, we will only be playing six.)
How the Game will work:

Contestants Row:
I will post the item up for bid and the bidding order. For example:
Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4
Starting with the first person in the bidding order, a timer for 24 hours will be set. This timer will reset after Player 1 bids. After Player 1 bids, Player 2 can bid. This cycle will continue until all players have made a bid.

Pricing Games:
Rules are different for each game and will be posted at the start.

Showcase Showdown:
Players will post a number from 1-23 and will receive a result, then they can choose to spin or stay. Players can not go over 100 and can only spin up to 2 times. A predetermined formula is used (MoD will have proof) to determine the result.

Showcase:
The showcase will be revealed then the player will have 24 hours to bid.

(Prize database featuring all 10,000+ possible prizes available by request.)
(I AM NOT ACTUALLY GIVING AWAY PRIZES, THIS IS ALL FOR FUN)
(I do not own Price is Right, No copyright infringement is intended)
(Here is an episode from 1978, the game has barely changed with the exception of the pricing games that get played
)

Got all of that? Then let's go!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Made a slight edit to the rules. Wasn't thinking how it would translate to here.

I'm in.

I like to bid one more dollar than the greatest bid Bob!

Well, not enough people signed up. Not even for me to do the "half hour" version. Mods, It's canceled. I'll think about putting back up in the queue.

@Jsach for now I'll archive the signup thread then, let us know if you want to re-add it to the queue at any point! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom