• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview The Prologue To Mewtwo’s Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
"A story from before Mewtwo that appears in the sixteenth movie meets Satoshi and friends. Mewtwo's overwhelming speed and battling power in its awakened forme will be revealed for the first time! Possessing overwhelming power, Mewtwo wishes not to cross paths with either humans or Pokémon! What happened in Mewtwo's past to cause it to become like this!? And what is Mewtwo's objective!? Humans and Pokemon - Can bonds be created with a type of existence that differs from your own!? A must-see original story filled with Mewtwo's charm! Don't miss it!"
Thanks to bluesun for the translation

Looks like Virgil and Team Eevee are back.

l_51bb6a8696f1d.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/035/057/51bb6a8696f1d.html

Virgil's presence makes me keep my expectations low, as I find him bland. At least it further implies that Movie 16 takes place in Unova.

The Famitsu article has a more detailed synopsis than the one bluesun translated. Here's a translation I found on SPPf:

It involves Virgil and the Rescue Squad making an emergency landing on a mountain somewhere, and they start hearing tales from a girl named Anna and an elder named Oscar about how they were saved by a Pokemon they’d never seen the likes of before… and that it was a Mewtwo! Another guy, Danku, says he too saw the Mewtwo when he was saved by it, but at that time it was gravely injured. Virgil leads a search for it, though it’s unlikely to accept help because of its distrust in humans. However, there seems to be some suspicious cameras following the search party…. Is Danku behind it? What’s his motivation? And Mewtwo’s past? All will be revealed!

Last edited:
I could definitely see them using this special to also showcase how Eevee evolves into Sylveon. They could promote two Pokemon for the new movie in one special. It does sound kind of interesting to get a prologue to a movie through a special. I just hope that this special will actually be dubbed.

For some reason, Virgil's presence takes all the excitement about this special away.

He's just so bland and uninteresting to me.

I think that it would be better if N replaced Virgil, but then people would assume that Team Plasma are related to Mewtwo's story. It's ironic that Virgil will get to meet Mewtwo, but N may never see Genesect, which he was so curious about.

I want to know who Danku is. Team Rocket's memories of Mewtwo have been wiped out, but is it possible that Dr. Fuji used to work for another organization before he turned to Giovanni for funding? That could make the prologue tie into Mewtwo's role in XY.

Of course Virgil has to appear in this special. His entire existence a walking "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" promotion/advertisement.
I don't think this will lead to his Eevee evolving into Sylveon, though.

Well, Flareon and Jolteon are out. I'm a bit disappointed, because out of all the Eeveelutions he had, Espeon and Umbreon have done the most on-screen thus far, and those two are included here.

Good thing Leafeon is appearing, though--hopefully it is actually shown using a move.

Last edited:
Well hope we get to see a whole battle with Virgil this time. And that his Eveelutions get something to do other than watch when Evee, Espeon and Umbreon takes care of all the battles. And Sylveon will not appear here. They want it to be in that short movie and this episode should be before the short movie so Evee will not evolve to Sylveon.

Don't actually mind that Virgil is in this one. What I will mind is if they don't use the chance to show some more personality than we saw before.
@Silktree; you wouldn't happen to know who translated that do you? If you do could you credit them? Generally a nice thing to do.

D@Silktree; you wouldn't happen to know who translated that do you? If you do could you credit them? Generally a nice thing to do.
Had I known, I would have given them credit as I've done many times before. The person who posted the translation at SPPf didn't cite the source.

Silktree said:
Team Rocket's memories of Mewtwo have been wiped out, but is it possible that Dr. Fuji used to work for another organization before he turned to Giovanni for funding?

So far we have no confirmation that either the Rocket-Dan or Fuji-Hakase will play any role in this special.

So far we have no confirmation that either the Rocket-Dan or Fuji-Hakase will play any role in this special.
But we do know that Mewtwo's past will be addressed. If this is the original Mewtwo, I expect to see references to those characters.

Silktree said:
If this is the original Mewtwo, I expect to see references to those characters.

But if it isn't (which I think it's super obvious that it isn't, but I know you don't necessarily agree) then they won't really have any reason to appear.

Either way I can't imagine July 11th will come and go without us knowing for sure one way or the other.

(which I think it's super obvious that it isn't, but I know you don't necessarily agree)
Plenty of people don't agree, as a direct result of the marketing. Last month they aired Movie 1, The Birth of Mewtwo and Mewtwo Returns. It doesn't help that Mewtwo's behavior in this prologue is exactly what you'd expect to see from the original Mewtwo.

And there are plenty of reasons why I feel none of that means anything. But I have no desire to rehash this tired old debate again.

As I said earlier, we should know, one way or another, when this special airs on the 11th.

But I have no desire to rehash this tired old debate again.
It seems to me that you did. I definitely didn't imply that Team Rocket or Dr. Fuji had to appear, but it's only natural to wonder if they might be referenced. In fact, that would still apply (albeit to a lesser extent) if this were a different Mewtwo.

I really hope Leafia gets some decent screen-time, the poor thing got shafted during Virgil's time on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom