• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Quote Book

From the Periodic Table Mafia.

ME, playing? How much did they pay him?
I don't know...
Pretty sure I shouldn't disclose that figure. Why limit what others would be willing to bribe me in the future?
Ereshkigal said:
So it was four tacos and a large soda?
Why assume it was tacos? For all we know, it could've been waffles.
Why food at all? I rather doubt any of you would know the difference between kosher food and other food.
He's a moderator. Modding doesn't pay well.

The flavor of the soul and how much energy it has to feast upon. Kosher food provides less of both.
We gave him the opportunity to dine with Caps at his palace in England.
Modding doesn't have to pay well. Engineering does.

And, as I suspected, you don't know the difference between kosher and non-kosher food. :p
"The name's Bond, Covalent Bond."

"Taken, not shared."

You enter the kitchen. There is a dining room table, with two place settings set up, each with a plate, knife and fork. There is a kitchen bench along one side of the room, with an oven and fridge. You see a chef-style knife set on the bench, one of the knives is missing, which you spot on the floor. There is a red lining on the blade of the knife. There is a glass vase in one corner, near the door. It looks damaged and has soil pouring out of it.
Scratch that.

Next action: Examine the knife on the floor
You discover the blade of the knife is coated in
tomato sauce/ketchup
...Wow. Fell for that hook, line and sinker.

Somehow, I never got around to posting this one until now...

HumanDawn said:
tumblr_ooz0anEqkm1si7i81o1_1280.jpg

AHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAAJAJAHAHHAHAHA

Ohhh my god. Ohhh ,y god. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh THERE IT IS THERE IT IS. THERE IT IS. OH MY GOD. EAYEAYEYAYEAHEYAHEY EYAEAAAAAAA YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YEAAAAAS. I GOT IT. I GOT IT. I FOUND IT. I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT IGOT IT!!!!! YEAH. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. I FINALLY GOT IT!!!! YEAH!!!!! OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD I FINALLY GOT IT. I FINALLY GOT IT, OH MY GODO. HOH MY GOD. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. TAKE A LOOK AT HTIS EVERBODY. A LIVE HORIZON ZERO DAWN LIMITED EDITION PLAYSTATION 4 IN MY LIVING ROOM! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I FINALLY GOT IT. OH MY GOD my heart is beating over 9000 miles per hour. i was listening to my favorite song once again. Arcadia's Succession (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Ending Theme 3). Live in Rabat 2017..
Max1996 said:
I know where this one is going when this game is over...

So, now that Zexy's Hearthstone game (which is probably my favourite game I've participated in on here by the way) has finished, I feel I should share some of the rather amusing moments I had in the process.

EDIT: It looks like some of these quotes cut off due to being in a spoiler or something, though refreshing the page seems to fix it. Unless it's an issue that's only affecting me, but I just thought I should mention that anyway.

Firstly, here's something rather amusing that happened in my role PM, where AussieEevee, who was an informed observer decided to pop in for a bit:

Yours Truly said:
...Also, is my asking so many questions bothering you? Because I can stop if it is...

Zexy said:
Of course not, it's your right to do so and I've actually given it before as a tip, since lots of people who don't do that have missed important things that could have made their plays much better.

Yours Truly said:
Well, in that case, I'll continue asking questions.

What... is your name? What... is your favourite colour? What... is the terminal velocity of a Swellow?

:D

Zexy said:
Zexy. Blue. idk ask Skullcrow I'm sure he'll know :D

this is getting in the quote book

AussieEevee said:
The terminal velocity of a peregrine falcon is roughly about 320 km/h (200 mph or 90 m/s).

Assuming Swellow is similar is size and weight, there's your answer. Enjoy.

*hands you back to your host, Zexy*

Zexy said:
You don't need to assume. You need to compare the weight of a peregrine falcon to what Bulbapedia says. If there is a difference, you should be the one doing the math to calculate the new velocity. Yay for Physics!

AussieEevee said:
Falcon:
SIZE: Body, 14 to 19 in; wingspan, 3.3 to 3.6 ft

WEIGHT: 18.8 to 56.5 oz

Swellow
Height
2'04" 0.7 m
Weight
43.7 lbs. 19.8 kg

I don't know imperial measurements (Thanks national geographic) so that's the best I got.

Zexy said:
SO MUCH QUOTE BOOK HERE

That was probably the best moment from any communications I had with Zexy, but here's another one just because I feel like it:

Zexy said:
Didn't notice in time, but there is no "discover a random card" option. There is "discard a random card" or "discover a potion"

Yours Truly said:
Ah, whoops, I misread that. Though to be fair, it was right above a Dsicover a card and those two words do look pretty similar... *Grumbles incoherently* ...Eh, at least you didn't go through with the 'Discard a card' effect, thanks for that. :D

Zexy said:
But I might've hit a Fist of Jarraxus that way :D

Yours Truly said:
Yeah, but there was also the chance you might've gotten rid of Jarraxus himself, which would not have been fun.

Zexy said:
In that case I would get rid of his two fists too :p

Yours Truly said:
Heh, fair point. But hey, at least I'd deal 4 damage to two random targets*. :p

*Yours Truly is well aware that that wouldn't happen and was just trying to make a joke, sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, if you're wondering why I choose the strange order of attacks in the endgame, well, here is the reasoning behind it:

Yours Truly said:
So, with those now-0-mana cards, I shall do the following:

Firstly, I SHALL SEE A VISION OF THE ROGUE'S MIND, TO WATCH THEM SUFFER...

Secondly, I SHALL SMITE THE ROGUE WITH... HOLY SMITE!!! TWICE!!!!

Third, SHADOWBOMBERS, DESTROY THEM!!!

Forth, I SHALL HEAL MYSELF IN TWO FLASHES, THEN LET THE LIGHT OF THE NAARU WASH OVER ME!!!

And finally, I SHALL PEER INTO THE ROGUE'S MIND ONCE MORE, TO SEE THEM SQURIM UNDER THE MIGHT OF LORD JARRAXUS!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yours Truly said:
Oh, and YOU HAD BETTER REPLACE 'WARLOCK' WITH 'LORD JARRAXUS' IN THE PHASE UPDATE, MORTAL OR HE WILL NOT BE PLEASED... THOUGH JUST JARRAXUS WOULD BE FINE!!!

I'm finding speaking in-character rather amusing, can you tell?

And that's all the stuff from my direct communications with Zexy I can be bothered to show you, here's some other stuff from the alliance I had with SoaringDylan, who was a really good ally througout the game, to the point where Zexy said the following:

Zexy said:
This should've been called THE alliance of alliances.

... it was basically the game's only true alliance. And it showed.

Though to understand the context for some of these, first you must know that, to initate discussion, Dylan sent the following message:

SoaringDylan said:
Why can't we be friends?

can we?

And now that that's out of the way, here're some bits from that conversation that I found rather amusing:

SoaringDylan said:
I have no targeting damaging abilities tonight. Only Counters.

Yours Truly said:
Counters, you say? You mean Secrets? Because, as far as the regular game goes, if you play, say, Eye for an Eye (which is the Secret I assume you mean - one that, when you take damage, deals that same amount of damage to whoever delt said damage), then it'll stay in play until the conditions for triggering it have been met (in this case, if someone attacks you), not just for the turn you use it on. Though you may want to save it for later when people can actually deal decent amounts of damage since I'm not going to be attacking you (at least not directly), up to you.
Also you could use the Coin to play a 2-mana ability this turn, but you might want to save it for later instead.

SoaringDylan said:
Ah yeah that is indeed the truth, so it's called a Secret, i'll remember that haha ;)

I've used one that negates a damaging attack on me and does 2 damage in return.

Yours Truly said:
Ah, that'll be Noble Sacrifice then. A nice option for this early on in the game (though I'd advise keeping the second (assuming you have a second) for when you're on low health or something since it negates an attack and such).

SoaringDylan said:
Ah thanks. And yes... That's indeed what the move is called XD

Yours Truly said:
Thus proving that I watch way too much Heartstone for my own good. :p
Yours Truly said:
Also, what do you intend to do next turn? Because I'm going to use a Curse of Rafaam (which gives the target a Cursed! card (no, it doesn't curse a card of theirs, it gives them a card literally called Cursed!) that deals 2 damage each turn until they spend 2 mana to get rid of it). As for who I'm giving it to... I'm thinking Mage since they don't have an easy way to recover said damage or deal noteworthy amounts of damage back to me. I mean I could've done that on turn 1 to make them waste theirs but I want to save my Coin for later.

Then, some time next turn...

Yours Truly said:
*A tumbleweed rolls through this conversation*

Well, I've cast the Curse on the Warrior, you do you and try not to lose via inactivity.

...Are we still friends?

SoaringDylan said:
We're definitely still friends I'm just really busy irl lol

Yours Truly said:
You sure you're not friends with someone else? Is that why you are so busy all the time? Don't leave me, Dylan! I just want to be friends...

...Seriously though, I can see how that might keep you away from this. I shan't press you on it.

SoaringDylan said:
No worries haha, I do have some contact with Elementar but he's been quite silent.

Yours Truly said:
Well, as long as we're talking other players, when I asked for alliances in-thread, swarla was also interested... But he isn't exactly the most prominent player either, so I may as well hedge my bets on you. Well, that and that Noble Sacrifice of yours will shield you from something I intend to do in the late-game, so that's a thing. Though I wouldn't target him too much, since we may still get some use out of him yet.
mr_burns_wallpaper_017.jpg

Next phase, after swarla died due to inactivity...

Yours Truly said:
Welp, looks like my other alliance has been terminated, so that's a thing I guess.

♪ Best friends ♪
(Best friends)

♪ Until the end of time ♪
(Of time)
(Of time)

Also, it's not really amusing, but here's the logic behing why I used the cards that I did to kill the Mage:
Yours Truly said:
So, I've done my bit, though if that Mage doesn't use Counterspell this turn, then expect some slight damage on your end, since I used Hellfire (deals 2 damage to everyone, myself included) first. The reason why I use it is so that, in the event that Counterspell is used again again, the majority of the damage I'm doing to the Mage isn't cancelled out and they'll be left with 5 HP (which is in perfect kill range of one of my spells I intend to use on the turn after the mage uses their last Counterspell), and if they do use it again, they'll be left with 1 HP and ready to be finished off at any time.

...Though that was under the assumption that their Secret would let them survive a lethal hit, which didn't actually happen.

Yours Truly said:
So, I take it we're both going after that Rogue, correct? Because that's what I'm going to do. In addition to a little self-healing, that is.

...Unless that chat with Elementar about alliances has progressed further then I realised. Are we still friends? Please say we're sitll friends.

Yours Truly said:
Also, if we are still friends, you wouldn't happen to have any healing spells or means of negating damage that could help keep my alive that you could use on me this phase, would you?

SoaringDylan said:
I'll see too it.

And yes we're still allies. Let finish this once and for all

Yours Truly said:
Huzzah!

♪ Best friends ♪
(Best friends)

♪ Until the end of time ♪
(Of time)
(Of time)

Also, if the Rogue does indeed try and finish me off, the thing I intend to do on turn 10 will set me to 15 health, so I've still got some fight left in me. :D

SoaringDylan said:
I still have like 4 more spells that heal 8hp haha

I usually don't like paladin, but he is perfect for stalling in this game :p

Yours Truly said:
...Actually, never mind, I've got this. YOU FACE JARRAXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!!! AND HE GREATS YOU IN FRIENDSHIP!!!

Yours Truly said:
Yours Truly said:
YOU FACE JARRAXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!!! AND HE GREETS YOU IN FRIENDSHIP!!!
I HAVE FIXED THIS MISTAKE, MORTAL!!!

Also, if Dylan wants to add anything he found amusing, then he is welcome to.

Note: some of those quotes may or may not have been edited to remove stuff that wasn't relating to the particular thread of discussion at hand for the sake of flow or something, just saying.

Last edited:
I can't quite remember where this little exchange came from, I think it was Gen II Mafia.
Since darth was able to amas most of the claims and darth turned out to be scum, zexy opened his oc chat to everyone.
...I'm not even going to ask why you trusted Darth enough for most people to claim, after WotE.
EDIT: Yep, Gen II

I can't quite remember where this little exchange came from, I think it was Gen II Mafia.

EDIT: Yep, Gen II
Max's line there was hilarious... I couldn't say at the time that I trusted DW because he and I were scum buddies :p Not sure about everyone else through...

Over 3 months now, huh...o_O

Anyway...Double Post because new material.
Exactly. We shouldn't have won tbh. Inactivity plus luck did it for us. Not in the sense that we didn't deserve it, cuz we put some effort in, just that in a "proper" game we would've died long ago.

I was puzzled at first when, while night 5 Pika was hit and noone died, I saw that Piko was killed night 6 instead of Pika. I thought Cherub might have confused the two lmao. But taking a look at the number of players, if Cherub had killed Pika, he would have been lynched the day after most probably. So he made the right play of keeping us around, basically forcing the town to need him so they could lynch the cult head.
Reminded me of what I did in twr '17 as SK. Ah what a nice flashback that was.
only difference is he wasn't mod killed by faking win con
This was TWR '17 dawg!
Uhm... oops!

Back
Top Bottom