• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Real Dp Title 80 & 81 Confirmation

Well i too am glad for a Chimchar development ep. Despite Buizel being my favourite Sinnoh pokemon that Ash has(with Staravia in 2nd), i think between the Veilstone Gym battle and the Wallace Cup we've seen enough of the weasel for now. All Chimchar needs to do after this ep is to start winning some battles and i'll be happy.

I wonder when will we get episode summaries...I assume when it's mid-way in the Wallace Cup? Because I want to know how Chimchar's going to develop in this episode. Especially since it might have to something with Paul.

Have you considered the possibility that the title could be about a DIFFERENT Chimchar? Though I hope not.

^ That would be bad writing to have it be about another Chimchar and not Ash's. I mean, why develop another Chimchar when Ash has one you know? I mean I know the writers could do that but it would be a heck of a lot more better with Ash's Chimchar developing.

So yeah, I think this would be good development for Ash's Chimchar hopefully.

Everyone wants that, but you never know; the writers could pull something out of nowhere and have it involve another Chimchar instead.

Well if it is another Chimchar perhaps Ash's will learn a thing or two from it(controlling blaze and/or a move). But i hope Ash's is th main focus in his ep.

Real title for 80
「ヤンヤンマ!初ゲットでイイ感じ~」
Something like "Yanma! Get ii kanji" (google: "Yang flying dragon! Find in the first to feel II")
TRio usually say "yada(?) kanji" (feels bad) when they blast off
But when Jessie won her Contest or when TRio think they're going to succeed they say "ii kanji" (feels good)
So it's obvious either Jessie or James will catch it (just like how they use "kamo" or "daijoubu" when May or Dawn catch a Pokémon)

"Yanyanma! Hatsu Getto de Ii Kanji~!"

So, uh.. "Good feelings from the first capture"? I... can't really make a whole lot of sense out of this. What do they mean by "first"?

Jessie's first cpature in Sinnoh? James already got Carnivine (wasn't really a catch but still)
And first catch not only for Sinnoh but also after more than 200 episodes since the last one...

Hm, I checked the Pokeani forums, the real real real title seems to be 「ヤンヤンマゲット作戦!初ゲットでいい感じ~!」

(Yanyanma Getto Sakusen! Hatsu Getto de Ii Kanji~)

"The Yanyanma Capture Operation! Good feelings from the first capture"

Yup, the use of Ii Kanji definately makes it feel as if it's a Team Rocket capture/episode.

Yes, sounds awesome. Come to think of it, has Jessie ever captured a Pokemon the orthodox (battle, capture) way? :eek:

Ekans was a gift
Wobbuffet was a trade
Seviper she beat it herself
Wurmple was just caught on a cliff.

The title that I posted is what someone on Pokéani's forum said
Whatever... both are pretty much the same XD
I like Jessie with Yanma... much better than the other Pokémon most speculated for her (Skorupi)

Hm, that post IS newer, but I can't see why some source would post an incomplete title that's actually longer than the final one.

As I said it doesn't matter really which of these is the real one (and we'll find out for sure in the preview at the end of DP 79... or TV Tokyo's page when they'll update with the information for DP 80)

Yanma is a nice capture for Jessie, even if it does feel like a blatant Dustox replacement.

Bleah, I didn't want Yanma for Jess.

Oh well. If it'll be a good episode I'll let it slide. (I'll let it slide anyway, I don't quite care as much as I used to.)

I kinda hope James gets a Tangrowth. :)

But I like Yanma, and anyone who disagrees with me is...is...well, disagreeable!

If she really does catch it notice how much Johto Pokémon the main characters had: Sudowoodu, Aipom, Gligar, Swinub, Yanma
That's 5 already (I didn't count Wobbuffet for obvious reasons... it seems like it'll stay permamently)
And we always has at least two Johto Pokémon with the twerps: Sudowoodu and Aipom, Sudowoodu and Gligar (after Aipom evolved), Sudowoodu and Swinub (after Gligar will evolve)

Immediately after one Johto Pokémon evolve they give us another and that's even two now with Swinub+Yanma
I thought people exaggerate with thinking it hints at a GSC remake but now I really think there's something here... the only time a character got a previous generation Pokémon was May's Bulbasaur which was obviously because of FRLG (caught at the very same day the games were released I think)

I don't count Aipom, Squirtle and Eevee since that was after Hoenn ended but Squirtle/Eevee also were because of FRLG (Aipom some think for Trozei too which sounds exagerrated but that games' Aipom really had a hat... coincidence?... and obviously to evolve into a new Pokémon later, Squirtle possibly for MD too, Eevee possinly for XD and most likely to make it evolve into a new Pokémon when May return which they did)

But currently unlike these Pokémon I mentioned- these Pokémon have no reason to be caught
If it's only to show old Pokémon evolve into new ones than why none of them get a Kanto/Hoenn Pokémon that has a new evolution?
And even Cassidy and Butch had Johto Pokémon in their appearance instead of Sinnoh Pokémon like you'd expect

AG focused on generations 1 and 3 and during AG's run we got games of these generations
DP seems to focus on generations 2 and 4... maybe GSC remakes soon?

Funny how everyone got a Johto Pokémon in DP except for James who never had a Johto Pokémon even not during Johto... and no I don't count the one second he had a Hopip

EDIT:
Except Togekiss (which is likely to be showcased with Misty... at least in my opinion) and Porygon-Z (which sadly is likely to not appear at all) all of the new Johto evolutions are owned by main characters and rivals
Ash: Gliscor
Dawn: Ambipom
Jessie (99%): Yanmega
Brock or Dawn: Mamoswine
Paul: Weavile, Honchkrow (and Gliscor too)
Zoey: Mismagius

And Brock had one of the two new Johto pre evolutions- Bonsly
The other one is Mantyke which some speculated for Brock too (I guess partly because his mother has Mantine but I don't think he'll really get it)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom