The Realm of Shadows

Doesn't Like Change
Reaction score
This whole idea just felt... wrong. But he couldn't shake it. Couldn't get rid of the fact that the only way to know just what was causing this bizarre phenomenon was to study it. And the only way to study a Shadow Pokemon was to own one. With two members of the same line already having grown a bit in his possession, the choice was obvious, a small Houndour pup he had come into possession of which had been named Jacquelyn. With her he could study the differences in growth and behaviour from either of his other hounds. But to do such a thing to such a young pup... the terrible feeling wouldn't leave, especially as she continued to eye up at him the entire way as they walked. Merely entering the Realm of Shadows, he couldn't bear to take even another step, presenting a single Silver Umbra Coin, the reaction between the twisted realm and the shining silver taking immediate hold of the pup, her skin and fur darkening as her eyes became more piercing and her fangs came to bear.

"Well, what's done is done." The man recalled the now tainted pup and walked away, hoping to never have to see this place again.

OOC: Using a Silver Umbra Coin to convert Jacquelyn the Houndour to a Shadow Pokemon! Jacquelyn learns Shadow Sky and Shadow Shed!

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Sneasel12: Conversion of Houndour to a Shadow Pokemon Confirmed

Reaction score
How was he meant to know what the coin was for?! Glen was starting to get angry. It's not like the token had come with an instruction manual, all he knew was that it would lead him to this place. He felt like punching this 'thing', right in the guts, if it had any. However, this his Pokemon clearly flagging an the ominous clouds strengthening, he knew he had to muster up some sort of apology if he was going to achieve what he came here to do.....

"Listen here mate", Glen grumbled, "I had no way of knowing how to use the coin, if I was meant to bring it to you, that should have been more clear. Its clear you've got a job to do and so do I. I need to fix this wretched soul." Glen gestured to the Shadow Metagross, who'd been surprisingly settled. "My son needs it, I haven't always been the best father, I've never really given him much, other than judgement and criticism. I just want to do one good thing for him before my time passes, surely you've got to understand that? I arrived with the coin, you've taken the coin, now help me like you're meant to. Tell me how I can purify the shadows that seep deep into this Pokemon's soul. Take me on your vessel." He hadn't really said sorry, but he never said sorry, especially when he hadn't done anything wrong, at least not to his knowledge. When push came to shove, this 'thing' whatever it was, had a duty to fulfil. He'd paid the toll, now he wanted what was owed in return. He recalled Dragonite and Lapras into their balls, they were better off in there for now and perhaps the 'thing', would see that he was willing to listen now.
This has been around for ever, could I please have my Shadow Metagross purified?

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
TheKnightsFury: Purification of Metagross Confirmed

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Lil'twick: Leo stumbles through the spooky haunted woods and comes across a lv.10 male Heracross clinging to the rotting bark with a menacing glow.

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
TheKnightsFury: You aimlessly through the dark woods and comes across a pair of glowing, menacing eyes piercing through the darkness. Upon closer inspection, they seem to belong to the antlers of a lv.10 female Stantler with an ominous aura about it.

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury: You aimlessly through the dark woods and comes across a pair of glowing, menacing eyes piercing through the darkness. Upon closer inspection, they seem to belong to the antlers of a lv.10 female Stantler with an ominous aura about it.
Picking up, putting it in a Xmas Ball. Thanks

Märchen Meines Lebens
Reaction score
Lil'twick: Leo stumbles through the spooky haunted woods and comes across a lv.10 male Heracross clinging to the rotting bark with a menacing glow.
The woods were filled with filth and muck. There was no beauty here, only the pain and sorrow of the damned. Souls contorted and twisted to the point their hearts have been closed off. What need was there for love here, when seething hatred could bring you to the apex of this world. Drown in your own depravity, and let your inner darkness take over. It was, after all, the forbidden elixir that tainted one's heart.

And it showed, as the group made their way through the woods. Every step was going deeper into the mire. Every stride a descent into depravity. Peer long enough into this abyss, and surely something much worse will gaze back. This feeling that some unknown being was piercing through the veil and directly into your soul. The Isla of Umbra elicited those feelings are more for those who visited the island. And why someone as pure and innocent as Leo wanted to come along, that was surely a question that no one really knew the answer to.

Watching him was a chore enough, he was too good for this place of sin. Ethan knew he couldn't let the other trainer get tainted. It was too important... Way too important to let his one salvation to fall into the abyss. That anchor was necessary in keeping him same. With all of these thoughts, thoughts that weren't his own, flying through his head, he needed it.

"Nyar Shthan, Nyar Gashana," the worlds left Ethan's lips before he even had time to process them. Great, incant ▂▂▃▃▄▄ into this plane. Of course, a deity such as that who delights in human suffering very well would enjoy a place like this.

Leo turned around and looked at him with a puzzled look. It was piercing, like every single thing was being picked apart and analyzed. This island was dangerous, and considering the circumstances surrounding him... Ethan wished Leo never came with.

"What are you saying?" Leo asked.

"I have no clue, come on, let's just get out of here," Ethan muttered as he pushed himself past the other trainer.

Ethan didn't look back, knowing that Leo would try and protest. Hearing footsteps behind him, he quickly looked over his shoulder to see Leo following him. The two traversed the woods without speaking another word. There was no need to. The goal was obvious, so all they needed to do was push forward.

The next few hours felt like they were going in circles. Trees that were clearly marked previously showing up again, and other markers remaining. The island didn't wish for them to leave, and that obviously starting to show. But the strange thing was that they hadn't encountered anything. Not a single Pokemon, or unfortunate soul that also had made a trip here. It was just a place of swirling darkness, and it felt that was starting to encroach on them.

The strange thing was that the whispers he'd usually hear was all but silent. It head was truly empty, and it was... freeing. He wasn't hearing whispers of what he should do, what he shouldn't do, and what he had to do. This was the place for him. A creature of shadows hunting down memories of a person he's never even met. And then he heard a whisper. It crept up his spine until hit hit right in the heart.

"Stop."

And so, he did. He stopped in place and waited. He could see that the darkness within the forest was an umbral black at this point. And small glints pierced through the darkness. Starlight. There was something here no, watching him. No, watching the both of them.

"E-Ethan, what's going on!" He heard Leo worryingly shout as the dark closed in. But he had no reply, he couldn't. His body was stopped in place, and he had no control over it. He felt like he was a puppet, waiting for its master to pull its strings.

Then his head turned to look at Leo, who was huddled up on the ground at this point.

"Poor lost child," the voice whispered once again.

"Defile it," it commanded. And so, the homunculus moved forward. His eyes were devoid of spirit, of soul, and showed off his true nature.

And as he inched closer and closer, there was a sort of snapping noise. A branch. Something was there. But he couldn't see it. Couldn't look for it. He had to move forwards. Forward. Forwards... In order to carry out his orders.

"Hey wait, look! There's a Heracross!" Leo pointed behind him.

And thus, the puppet was freed from its strings. Feeling a jolt of energy rush through his body, Ethan came back to his senses. He knew something wrong was going to happen as soon as those words left his lips. After all, it seemed only fitting that something akin to a scarab would appear here. It commonly did take on the form of a Pharaoh.

Looking at the by-typed Pokemon, it was attached to a large, rotting oak. They must've passed this oak at least three, four times by now. So why was it here all of the sudden, unless of course, it was called forth. If something like that was here then... Shit.

Ethan quickly darted his gaze back towards Leo, and saw a large, imposing figure standing behind the trainer. Its hand was placed firmly on the boy's shoulder, who was too frozen in fear to even look. The nemes was obvious enough to discern through the darkness... Yes, it was him.

"Puppet, since you so gracefully called me here, I'll give you a deal. I'll let you and the boy go if you can defeat my servant. In exchange, my servant goes with you. So I can always watch," it spoke directly into Ethan's mind. If he didn't have that knowledge... He'd have gone insane. One does not simply commune with an Outer God and come out sane. Well, unless, they were already pacted with another.

"I am sure... He will be fine with this. After all, you are the host of the keybearer's soul. Your torment will surely be... delicious. But fear not, I shall claim you before that demon does," the words continued to poor into his mind. Keybearer? Demon? That's right... The boy he had memories of... Contacted something in the swamp. And was further contacted by another being.

"Deal, Ethan curtly said, and turned around to see the Heracross look directly at him.

"Lucas, let's go!" he shouted as he let out his Raichu. The electric rodent was more than happy to help assist.

"Let's finish this quickly. Dazzling Gleam into Volt Tackle," he calmly ordered. This Heracross wasn't that strong. It was obvious that it was meant to go with him, and the fight was nothing but show.

The Raichu, taking head of his orders, starts to charge up its power. Rubbing his cheeks, he conerts the electricity into more fae energies. The electric type then lets it out in a full burst, the Dazzling Gleam washing over the Heracross.

Then, before the beetle Pokemon could even respond, the Raichu started to run circles around the area. Electricity started to coat his body and illuminate the area. Ethan looked back towards the figure and Leo, but they were still shrouded in the very same darkness. Of course, a being with that much power wouldn't allow its true form to be revealed that easily. It didn't matter, as the Raichu was now a running streak of lightning. Lucas slammed into the Heracross, knocking out the weak bug-typed Pokemon with the powerful attack. The Raichu then stops in front of his trainer, weathering the recoil from the powerful attack.

Taking out a normal Pokeball, Ethan tosses the capture device at the fallen bug. One shake... two shakes... and three. The Pokeball dinged, the Shadow Heracross being caught. Grabbing it, he looked towards the other trainer, who was o longer shadowed by the eldritch figure. Lifting his hand out, Ethan pulled Leo back up.

At this point, the darkness was gone, and a clear back to the shore of the island was easily. Ethan could tell the other trainer was still shaken by the events that had transpired, as neither of them exchanged words on looks on their way back. Finding the boat they took here, both of them leave without hesitation. Their little trip here was over. But, this would just be the start of things. The start of their trek into the abyss.

(OOC: Claiming this Heracross in this
Poke Ball (2/5) )

Reaction score
Faiyaa- While walking through the shadowy woods, a long tongue lashes out of a nearby bush, sweeping you off your feet! You roll around just as the lvl 10 Male Shadow Lickitung emerges!

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Faiyaa- While walking through the shadowy woods, a long tongue lashes out of a nearby bush, sweeping you off your feet! You roll around just as the lvl 10 Male Shadow Lickitung emerges!
Collecting this strange creature and storing it inside a Pokeball, thanks.

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Ironthunder: As you trek through the spooky woods, a cluster of vines try to trap you within. Upon closer inspection, you spot a lv.10 male Shadow Bulbasaur.