• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Remakes

Do you want RS remakes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Lets just jump the shark already. RS remakes. Do you want it? What Improvements do you want to see? What do you think the names will be?

Last edited:
Re: The Remake

No. I want RSE in the first game or it's sister 3rd release.

May with a personality. She seriously lacked any personality compared to what we got from Brendan. Also give Wally more back-story. He's your rival and he barely plays a part in the story.

I see it as largely unnecessary. Red, Blue, Gold and Silver made since as the technology was truly outdated and the cartridges died over the years, as well as not being compatible with later games. With a DS Lite R/S Pokemon can be easily traded over. What's next if they do R/S remakes, FR/LG remakes?

They probably will remake them and I will buy the game. I don't particularly care if they do or don't tbh.

Hoenn was my least favourite region although I could see them stickig it on the end of the 3rd one just to surprise us.

Regardless of your thoughts on the pokemon, gyms, teams, etc, I doubt anyone will tolerate hearing the first five seconds of that God-awful surf theme again.

Regardless of your thoughts on the pokemon, gyms, teams, etc, I doubt anyone will tolerate hearing the first five seconds of that God-awful surf theme again.

It's not a bad surf theme but it's repetitive compared to the others. An updated remix would be nice.

They will defiantly create a Hoenn remake. I believe the games came out in 2002 so 2012.

I would rather have Hoenn included in the main games (Gen II style). But I don't see the downside to remakes if Hoenn isn't included.

Let's wait a generation or something so that you don't have the originals and their remake playable on the same system.

RS is really only lacking online capabilities, the reformatted physical-special system, and a few other minor things.

There's really no reason to remake it other than to milk the udder some more.

I like how you have a simple 'Yes', combined with a dramatic "HELL NO!". There's no room for middle ground.

Anyways, I don't need one, though I wouldn't mind one. I don't want a pattern of forever remaking games, though I could at least tolerate it this one last time.

yes.

but just for aesthetic reasons.

can you imagine pacifidlog town? sootopolis city? ... fortree city. :drool: and obviously, underwater. i'm sure everything would look so pretty and fascinating. its areas would be EATABLE with new graphics.

yes.

but just for aesthetic reasons.

can you imagine pacifidlog town? sootopolis city? ... fortree city. :drool: and obviously, underwater. i'm sure everything would look so pretty and fascinating. its areas would be EATABLE with new graphics.

You have got a point....

Oh you mean like HgSs?

G/S/C really did need an update, though, since there were so many aspects about it that were dated.. Emerald is already massive enough - I see no reason to remake its sisters other than the reason they'll probably give: MONEY.

I'll still get it, probably, but I may or may not like it since Ruby replays are boring (can't restart Sapphire, closest I've ever had to a full Pokedex).

G/S/C really did need an update, though, since there were so many aspects about it that were dated.. Emerald is already massive enough - I see no reason to remake its sisters other than the reason they'll probably give: MONEY.
Just because things get dated, doesn't mean they need an update. And guess what, the time span between GSC and HGSS and RSE and Gen V are both two generations.

All the Pokemon were already catchable. The only reason HgSs was made WAS BECAUSE IT CAN MAKE MONEY. Your kidding yourself if you're telling yourself otherwise.

There's also the fact that you know nothing of what Gen V is going to bring, so how would you know if RSE wouldn't be as dated as GSC was to DP?

It's not a bad surf theme but it's repetitive compared to the others.

Its not that bad.

Didn't realize so many people here were born without ears.

Anyway I really hope they don't remake RS since, in addition to having the worst music, it has the worst environments. I know this sounds ridiculous but what I always liked about pokemon is it's fairly normal, urban setting. The most extravagant places in RBY were the Seafoam Islands and Victory Road. RS just dumps us abundle of cliche RPG locales instead of something interesting or semi-original.

Just because things get dated, doesn't mean they need an update. And guess what, the time span between GSC and HGSS and RSE and Gen V are both two generations.

All the Pokemon were already catchable. The only reason HgSs was made WAS BECAUSE IT CAN MAKE MONEY. Your kidding yourself if you're telling yourself otherwise.

There's also the fact that you know nothing of what Gen V is going to bring, so how would you know if RSE wouldn't be as dated as GSC was to DP?

The pokémon may have been catchable but most GSC games were completely unusable whereas RBE have ages to go before such an event.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom