• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The replacement of Red and Blue?

I actually don't mind them being gone. Assuming we don't have Chase on MT. Silver or Trace running the Viridian Gym in any possible Johto LGPE games, I think it's good for it. While Blue being the canon name, and running the gym is not really that big of a deal, making Red canon right down to his team just ruined part of the Kanto experience. Part of what makes pokemon great is that you are the player character. There are plenty of RPGs that have you play as some one else. Pokemon with it's choice to catch what you want allows for it to usually feel more like it is you, and it is your journey. But not when playing the Kanto games since according to Johto, if you aren't playing as Red, and catching his pokemon, it's a fanfic with you replacing the MC with yourself.

As for Trace being friendly, as long as he's the kind that challenges you and makes you want to fight, then that's fine. Hau, Hugh, Cheren, Bianca, Wally, and Calem/Serena were all friendly, yet they also encouraged you to improve. If Chase and Trace are replacements, then that's fine with me if they come with taking away that forced canon.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom