• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GAME: The Review Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have to fulfill the requirements of the Review Game first. In other words, you need to review @more than a torchic's story before you can request a review.
How does one review a story? Is there anything I should keep in mind? What I am ranking the story on? Does it matter which of @more than a torchic's stories I do?

Edit: I did a review for @more than a torchic's fanfic: Pokémon: Heroes and Villains. I hope I did it right.
I would like to request a review of chapter one of Final Fantasy - The Cursed Island.

Last edited:
How does one review a story? Is there anything I should keep in mind? What I am ranking the story on? Does it matter which of @more than a torchic's stories I do?
There is no specific criteria you need to follow, but I recommend commenting on the various elements of the story: plot, characters, prose, dialogue, pacing, the lore. Maybe some questions and comments on what you hope to see next. Do not be afraid to comment on aspects that can be improved on, but be polite about it.

As for the current Review Game entry:

Reviewed the first four chapters.

I'd like a review of the first two chapters of Pokémon: Heroes and Villains (a little under 10,000 words if without the ratings tags and summaries. Side note, do the summaries and ratings count towards the word count? If so, I can provide an alternative.)

There is no specific criteria you need to follow, but I recommend commenting on the various elements of the story: plot, characters, prose, dialogue, pacing, the lore. Maybe some questions and comments on what you hope to see next. Do not be afraid to comment on aspects that can be improved on, but be polite about it.

As for the current Review Game entry:
Well, I did my best to review it.

Edit: I did a review for @more than a torchic's fanfic: Pokémon: Heroes and Villains. I hope I did it right.
I would like to request a review of chapter one of Final Fantasy - The Cursed Island.
I've left a review of my own, though obviously months later.

I'd appreciate a review of the first three chapters of my story Lone Star Shine Down. They aren't very long, I think it's about 7000 words all together.

Hi there! Per the rules of the Review Game, you have to review the above fic—Lone Star, Shine Down—before getting a review (though it's great that you're getting into reviewing outside of the game ^^).
Cool, I'm wondering if doing any review will do (so do I have to do everything up to chapter 5, or can I just do 1 chapter if I don't get that far?)

I believe it would be the whole 5 chapters
Well... It seems like I'll can only give general impressions of each chapter for now. Currently working on a detailed review of Chapter 1, but it seems like I might not be able to write that much for 5 chapters as I'm a new reviewer. (I did get some practise in the Samples Thread, but that was a short piece.)

Well... It seems like I'll can only give general impressions of each chapter for now. Currently working on a detailed review of Chapter 1, but it seems like I might not be able to write that much for 5 chapters as I'm a new reviewer. (I did get some practise in the Samples Thread, but that was a short piece.)

There's no minimum requirements for giving a review - I will say to try the best you can. In other words, try to give the kind of review you would like to receive

Done.

As LSSD has a new chapter newly up, I'm going to go ahead and request a review of that. The whole story to this point, or just chapter 4.

There's no minimum requirements for giving a review - I will say to try the best you can. In other words, try to give the kind of review you would like to receive

OK. Here's what I got for Lone Star Shine Dawn - the first 5 chapters. I had a hard time keeping up and taking notes - so here it is: The requested review of Lone Star Shine Dawn.

I got Paradigm Shift: Doctor's Orders up, with two chapters - can someone review both for me? Looking for descriptions and pacing, especially in the flashbacks, as well as tips for fleshing out characters.

@Extension_Driver It has been done.

I'd like a review of Babá Day. Under 2K, rated EVERYONE.

@Extension_Driver It has been done.

I'd like a review of Babá Day. Under 2K, rated EVERYONE.
Just dropped a quick review on Baba Day!

Also here's my own: Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon (just for chapter 1 please)

Last edited:
One review of Chapter 1, as requested. I thought it was a cute chapter, but had some rough edges that are probably worth sanding down.

As for me, I'd like a review of at least 5000 words of content of any one of my stories. Which for some example combinations, would be equivalent to the following:

Dragonspiral's Children - the Prologue and Part 1 (2900 + 5800 words, Part 1 would fulfill my request if you've already reviewed the Prologue)

Context Switch - Parts 1 + 2 (2000 + 3500 words)

[NO AUDIO] - The whole one-shot (6300 words)

Hunting Game - The whole one-shot (9600 words)

Like a Dragon - A Dragon's Ferocity + A Dragon's Lineage + A Dragon's Savior (2100 + 1500 + 1500 words)

Happy reading, everybody!

@Spiteful Murkrow

A review of Dragonspiral's Children (Prologue/Chapter 1, totaling 5000 words reviewed!)

I'd like a review on my fic, transient shelter from the storm, all 3 chapters if possible. it totals about 7k words. (CW: this fic does contain some heavy themes, being a Rain World X Pokemon crossover. Some death, grief, truama are features of this fic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom