• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GAME: The Review Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceTrainer14

The acest of trainers
Reaction score
Hello all!

This is the latest game that the Workshop Moderators have concocted for you, inspired by a thread Gotpika posted last year and he has given us permission to use it. The Review Game is fairly simple: User A requests for Chapter One of Story 1 to be reviewed. User B will then review it, post a link to his review and he can then request for Story 2 Prologue to be reviewed. User C can come along and review it and request his own fic, though he has to be quick, as User D wants to get Story 4 reviewed as well. It is a continuous game where you request for a story to be reviewed, someone reviews it and they make their own request and so on and so forth, but to clarify, it is only one person requesting a review at a time: in order to have your turn, you must fulfill the most recent review request and then make your own.

There are a few extra rules you must be aware of before playing:

- Reviews must be at least one paragraph or four full sentences long, original comments (not something you have posted before), be as constructive as possible, and try to comment on more than just technical errors. If you're having trouble, here are a Few Reminders about Reviewing.

- You can request a review for as many chapters as you wish, including the whole story. However, if your whole story or the total of your requested chapters is over 10,000 words, you must provide a shorter alternative. You can have multiple requests for different stories at once, but only one of them must be fulfilled. You may also request a review for a story that is not your own as long as it has not been requested in the game before.

- You must link to both your review of the last story and to the story/stories you want reviewed.

- You must wait three turns before making another request to give the rest of the forum a chance to read and review. If the game has stalled for 30 days, then this rule can be ignored.

- If, after 30 days, a review request is still outstanding, one of the moderator team will review to move the game on.

- If you do not receive a timely response, do not publicly solicit your post. If you're concerned, feel free to contact @Beth Pavell.

If you violate any of these rules, your post will be deleted. Repeat offenders may be banned from the thread at the discretion of the moderators.

The point of this thread is to encourage everyone to get into the spirit of reviewing and to experience new stories you may not have read before. Any story from the forums can be included, so this is open to everybody! Reviews don’t have to be long essays detailing an entire story, just simple things that will help the author and help you build your skills.

Now it is time to play! @Beth Pavell is in charge here, I am just laying down the rules, so bring your concerns to him but feel free to ask any moderators for help should you need it!

The currently active story is: Pokémon Crossing: Fly Me to the Moon by @Cherry_BombBees

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go, AceTrainer! I'm afraid I don't have a lot of experience reviewing fics, but I do my best. :)

As for my request, I'd like a review for the prologue and first chapter of my own Dawn of Darkness (my Fire Emblem fic), seeing as it's the only one of my posted fics that hasn't gotten any attention here so far. The prologue is really short, so don't worry much about that. You'll find the link to the thread in my sig.

Here is your review, Legacy.

I'd like someone to review the first chapter of my fic: You Win Some, You Lose Some. I'd prefer they review both the first chapters since they are sort of a part one, part two thing, but together they are longer than 7k words, so I'll understand if the next reviewer doesn't want to be committed to both.

I've heard you needed a review for your fic, Feli, so I gave you for the first three chapters: Link

I would like a review of at least the first chapter of my fic, Flames of a Revolutionary. Chapter 2 is not required but would be highly appreciated if it was done.

Here you go, Tophat! I hope I was helpful, despite having been sick today. :)

I'd like to request a review for Super Luigi: Battle Star Legend next, seeing as I plan to start updating it like heck soon due to motivation from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for 3DS. Also cause it's the Year of Luigi. ^^

The chapters in this one are also much shorter than those of my other fics, so reviewing up to chapter 3, if possible, will do. I don't believe it's as well written as the rest of my stuff since I had help on those, but I hope it's enjoyable anyway! The link is in my sig. :)

@LightningTopaz; A little of both, really. I'd like to know what the reviewer liked and what I should fix (not just grammar/spelling errors either). That's pretty much it.

If possible, yes. But if not, the first two will be fine too.

Okay, LightningTopaz, I'll take a stab at yours.

. . . wait, were we supposed to post our feedback "here" or "there"? Hmm. I think I'll go cut/paste it over there ... okay, done.

As for me, I'd like to get some feedback for my first chapter. Nothing specific, really, though if you have any ideas for a good novel title do speak up (I never gave it an official title while first writing it) :
- http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pmd-explorers-memory-150267/#post4724811, Chapter 1

Last edited:
Here's the review for your fic, Stratelier. ^_^

Well, mine isn't actually a story, but I'm hoping to get a review anyway. xP It's actually just a really short poem I wrote a while back, so I'm sure it wouldn't take you too long to read and review! :3 [A Friendship Treasured and Portrayed] Oh, and if you've got a suggestion for a better title, I'm very much open to those as well. xD

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom