• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Rhythm Game Thread!

My favorite out of all those is probably Project Diva? There's an arcade with it near me, but I need to go there more!! I usually perfect things in the 6.5~7.5 star range, but I've gotten clears at 8.5 stars before. Kimi no Taion is my favorite chart to play!
I haven’t played Project Diva (Mega Mix) since either late May or last month. I kind of got back into VOCALOID and started playing the game again, but, I’m still not super into it at the same time and I had to offload it, because of my Switch telling me I needed to (either I tried to redownload another offloaded game, or I tried to download/update something else).

I first learned about VOCALOID in 2018 and then I wanted a VOCALOID game for 3DS (a year old at that time) and then I got it that January (this is Project Mirai DX). Then, that year, I wanted Project Mirai (OG), but couldn’t get it because it was going to ship from somewhere else about 2 hours away, or something. Not to mention I also ended up learning it only released in Japan, and I’m not very good at Japanese (I am, but only a little).

I’ve also heard of Bandori (I was into this a year after all that stuff, but then I got out of it in 2021 because of other interests), Project Sekai (same, but not very much), D4DJ (sounds like fun), and let’s not forget The iDOLM@STER series.

Also, in 2019, I found out about Pop’n Music.

On the topic of mobile rhythm games, I feel like Ensemble Stars is a little too overhyped for my taste. I'm not a fan of the cast, the songs, nor the plot of the game that tends to take itself to the extremes, even to discuss some touchy things like in "The War" storyline. I would have liked it if the ever-growing fanbase around it wasn't so immature... :confused:

I also have Twisted Wonderland downloaded onto my sister's phone, and, while not being a genuine rhythm game, it actually managed to be on the top sales charts alongside BanG! Dream and the affromentioned Enstars.

On the topic of mobile rhythm games, I feel like Ensemble Stars is a little too overhyped for my taste. I'm not a fan of the cast, the songs, nor the plot of the game that tends to take itself to the extremes, even to discuss some touchy things like in "The War" storyline. I would have liked it if the ever-growing fanbase around it wasn't so immature... :confused:

I also have Twisted Wonderland downloaded onto my sister's phone, and, while not being a genuine rhythm game, it actually managed to be on the top sales charts alongside BanG! Dream and the affromentioned Enstars.
Oh I need to try Twisted Wonderland again! Played for a bit and then stopped. Not sure why though, I did like the atmosphere and character designs. Bandori too since it's been ages but the English version is a little too far behind for my liking at this point, I think a year? Benefit is people can plan ahead for what they want to scout for but it's also a bummer to be seeing JP get major updates and then waiting a year for them ourselves lol.

I feel like Ensemble Stars is a little too overhyped for my taste. I'm not a fan of the cast, the songs, nor the plot of the game that tends to take itself to the extremes, even to discuss some touchy things like in "The War" storyline.
Hi, former Enstars fan here, I played way back when the game was only in JP and was just a simple tap-tap game. Spent an amount of money on it I don’t have the strength to admit. Honestly, I entirely understand if it’s not for you especially if you’re quite familiar with idol games in general. Enstars’ appeal to me was the fact it was the ‘black sheep’ of idol games. It’s weird, it’s dramatically itself, it’s an idol game for people who don’t care for idol games. I do love a handful of songs from it, but they are very often hit or miss so I feel.

I would have liked it if the ever-growing fanbase around it wasn't so immature...
this is so, so extremely real. I wish I could frame this. You’re so honest to god right LMAO. Half the reason I got out of it was getting tired of the fanbase and this was back in 2017.

Bandori too since it's been ages but the English version is a little too far behind for my liking at this point, I think a year?
same! I miss Bandori. My favorite thing about it was shared lives, playing in discord VC and hearing the exact moment everyone lost their combos LOL. I didn’t mind it was behind too much, but I quit playing because no matter what banner I rolled on, I rolled the same Arisa dupe over and over… I tried twist. I loved the character designs, the art, the concept, but I dunno, couldn’t get into it more than passively for some reason.

Man, I wore Guitar Hero and Rock Band out back in the day, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Not only did those games send me down a rabbit hole of musical discovery that I've only dived deeper into, but I pretty much learned to play drums from those games. My mom got me a cheap set when I was 13, and I instantly made the transition from Rock Band to real drums. Been tempted to break those games out again lately...

Man, I wore Guitar Hero and Rock Band out back in the day, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
You know, it’s really funny you mention this. Guitar Hero always feels insanely popular and missed to me, from what I’ve played of it, it’s REALLY fun, and they almost always have gaming booths up for it at anime cons, even my school library had one. So… Why do they not resume manufacturing the guitars officially? I don’t know much about the state of Guitar Hero compared to other rhythm games, but I know it’s very beloved, and even has a steam replica, so I don’t understand why it doesn’t receive more support than what it has.

That aside, it’s super cool you got into playing drums because of it! I want to believe my piano playing helped me be good at Deemo but that’s a stretch LOL.

You know, it’s really funny you mention this. Guitar Hero always feels insanely popular and missed to me, from what I’ve played of it, it’s REALLY fun, and they almost always have gaming booths up for it at anime cons, even my school library had one. So… Why do they not resume manufacturing the guitars officially? I don’t know much about the state of Guitar Hero compared to other rhythm games, but I know it’s very beloved, and even has a steam replica, so I don’t understand why it doesn’t receive more support than what it has.

That aside, it’s super cool you got into playing drums because of it! I want to believe my piano playing helped me be good at Deemo but that’s a stretch LOL.
I think the companies that own those games now are too gun shy to even try a revival. They attempted it years ago with both games, but it just didn’t take. I think people were kind of sick of having the plastic instruments laying around. They took up a lot of space.

They also kind of shot themselves in the foot back in the day. Way too many games released at a time over-saturated the market. But who knows, enough time has passed that maybe we’re due for a proper comeback.

Has anyone tried out RAVON? It's a strange mobile game where instead of having a set area where notes approach, every part of the screen can theoretically be a hotspot for a note. Also the notes can come in from any part of the screen. I am fully incapable of playing anything more difficult than its medium, but it's still entertaining.
Screenshot_20231019-204427.png

Saw some Rhythm Heaven (Or Rhythm Paradise/World) in earlier parts of the thread and that's definitely my favorite.

Fun quirky little series that really flips the genre on its head. The music is real good, the art and characters are charming, ooooh I love it so much.

I want a new one so badly. At least it's there in spirit with consistent cameos in Warioware and Smash and such.

Last edited:
Heard there’s a new Taiko No Tatsujin game releasing on mobile devices and iOS(-es?) recently! Gonna wait for a little while for its android release to come out on my country (Indonesia). I could’ve joined the LINE group, but, alas, I must wait.

…Or maybe I can just borrow someone else’s iPad to play it. Other than my sister’s. :V

I'm so baffled at this whole situation. We were promised a better sequel when the first version of the game closed down but...here we are, with the Japanese version closing only a year later. My first time seeing a global version release date announced together with an end of service notice.

I'm so baffled at this whole situation. We were promised a better sequel when the first version of the game closed down but...here we are, with the Japanese version closing only a year later. My first time seeing a global version release date announced together with an end of service notice.

Why’s it gonna end three months after it launches?

Why’s it gonna end three months after it launches?
The Japanese version (first/main version) didn't make enough money for them, and I guess they don't want to have global up either since they anticipate it'll make even less. Which is super annoying since when the JP version just released they were saying they see the game existing for many years and will continue to make it better. It's so bad :sadsola: There are many other rhythm games that are better-looking than this one up making way less money, yet those can somehow continue to exist. I dunno, seems like bad management to me.

Ughhhh I've been scratching my head over this too. Why even bother launching the global version at all, if it's only going to be playable for such a short time...? And why still allow in-app purchases on the global version, if you've already told everyone from the start that they'd basically just be throwing their money into the void?? :confused:

From what I understand, SIF2 underwent a bit of a rocky start both before and after release due to being rushed out for the 10th anniversary, so that might have something to do with why they'd close it down so quickly — if it wasn't turning a big enough profit after all that, then it must just not be worth it for them to keep it online, I'd assume. Even so, the whole thing is just... so sudden and so perplexing.

I was really looking forward to it too. They shut down all the other games in anticipation of this one, now there's just no LLSIF at all anymore. It sucks, man T_T

Back
Top Bottom