• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

The Rise of Darkrai TV Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Asshole
Reaction score
I just swiped the TV from my little brother a minute ago to watch Cartoon Network (the first time I've ever done that ^_^), and as soon as the DP anime went on commercial, they aired a much-anticipated(?) preview of the 10th Pokemon movie, The Rise of Darkrai.

Of course they had a series of awesome clips and such from the movie, but what surprised me the most was the end: The movie is scheduled to air on Cartoon Network February 24, 2008 at 7 p.m. (US EST). Would it really air on TV a month before it goes to theaters?

Last edited:
Take It Easy, Chicken
Reaction score
Maybe it's just a sneak peak. No way it can be on TV before it goes to theatres!

Nothing of interest here
Reaction score
I think they did the same with the Manaphy movie, airing it quite a while before it was released on DVD? I guess to hype it. I don't think it would have any negative effects, like less sales for the DVD.

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
We got to hear the voices of the critical characters, although Tonio only speaks one line. They sound good.

The Golden Boy
Reaction score
Did that guy say 'theaters'? THEATERS? If I interpret that correctly, that would mean that Pokemon is back in American movie theaters! Hooray! Either that, or I'm misinterpreting this.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Lickilicky was mute!

That was a fine trailer they showed, very exciting.

Reaction score
Wait, so this movie's really going to be in theatres?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did that guy say 'theaters'? THEATERS? If I interpret that correctly, that would mean that Pokemon is back in American movie theaters! Hooray! Either that, or I'm misinterpreting this.
Man, I'm just praying this is true. I had pretty much given up on PUSA giving the new movie a theatre run, but if what that guy said is true, I'll be one happy Pokemon fan!

A black and white world
Reaction score
So they *are* putting it in theaters?

Something about Alberto's voice rubs me the wrong way. I know he's meant to be a lothario, but still.

The Golden Boy
Reaction score
DP is getting pretty popular, so if any Pokemon movie were to air in theaters, it'd be this one. If this is airing in theaters, that may be a good setting for a Darkrai event.

is watching you
Reaction score
I really think they just screwed up about the "going to theaters" bit. But, hey, who knows?

Anyway... Feb 24th is my birthday. :D I got all excited when I saw that. What a nice birthday present from Cartoon Network? XD

EDIT: Oh, silly me. "Birthday" isn't spelled "bitchday"! o.o;

And I forgot to mention: that commercial they put together was awesome. It even gave me goosebumps.

is back... finally.
Reaction score
"Don't forget Pokemon the Rise of Darkrai debuts months before it hits theaters right here on Cartoon Network." by random kid on Fried Dynamite.

I have it on tape. That's what was said, you didn't mishear it. Though I have to wonder what this means.

Statistical Anomaly
Reaction score
As of late, the traditional release sequence (theatres->video->TV) has been falling by the wayside.

The Golden Boy
Reaction score
It's been falling because the last four movies haven't been in theaters, so most of the movies were debuted on TV instead.

Shane
Reaction score
That's cool about the theatres thing, but I'm a bit skeptical...

I'm also wondering if it would hit Canadian theatres too.

Reaction score
Makes you wonder if PUSA is really going the extra mile here. I wonder how people would react to a Pokemon movie in theaters who haven't watched the show in ages.

They'd be like, "Hey, who's the new girl?" and like, "Hey, doesn't Ash sound a bit different?"

:p

Seriously though, I don't know how they could get it into theaters unless its a limited release like Movie 4 and 5 were. Who would go to the theaters to see a movie that already was released on TV?

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
"Mommy...how come that girl has Ash's Chimchar?"

Reaction score
Well, I hope it's not limited. Getting to a decent theatre around here is annoying enough, and limited releases? Forget it.

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, it'll probably just be a limited release. Cartoon Network is playing it this month right? Why would a movie primere on TV then go to national theatres. Dosen't make much sense too me.
Of course, I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.