• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Rise of Darkrai TV Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems obvious now that Darkrai will most likely be distributed at theatres similar to how it was released in Japan. It's extremely odd to have a television premiere before a theatrical release. The only logical conclusion is that Pokemon USA is hoping people will go to the theatre to get Darkrai.

Many have been discussing this issue and it seems very clear that most people would not go to the theatre to see a movie that can be seen on television before the theatrical release.

Yeah, this news really caught me by surprise. Seriously, I was like, "What's going on here? Theaters? Theaters!?" O_O

In the U.S., there hasn't been a Pokemon movie in theaters since Pokemon Heroes. And sadly, I never got to see that movie (or Pokemon 4Ever) in the theater, thanks to Miramax's awful, limited release. Grr, if they do that again with this movie and put it on a limited release, I will hate them!! X_X

Then again, we don't have much information on this yet, so who knows. But, if this is really true, then I'm surprised that Pokemon USA actually decided to do this. Wow! That IS amazing! And also, it'd be interesting if they distributed Darkrai the exact same way as Japan did, through the movie's viewing. I think it's very possible they could be planning something like that.

But what I can't figure out is that, it would be really strange for a TV channel to air a movie on cable before said movie goes to theaters. O_O (this makes me think that maybe CN got their info wrong and they just had the kid say that - but then again, why would CN mislead viewers like that? This is so confusing!)

Hopefully, we'll get more information on this soon. Because I must know whether this is actually true or not.

I really think it was a mistake. If it was going to theaters, wouldn't it be going soon? I looked online and couldn't find ANY evidence, something that is mighty odd if it really were going.

...stranger things have happened, but I'm not convinced by a long shot.

"Don't forget Pokemon the Rise of Darkrai debuts months before it hits DVD right here on Cartoon Network."

or

"Don't forget Pokemon the Rise of Darkrai debuts months before it hits theaters right here on Cartoon Network."

Hmm... The first one doesn't seem so much exciting as the second. Though I can't see how they could make a mistake like that. He did say theaters, wonder what's going on.

I saw that too. I for one am going to keep a close watch on it. Maybe some new info will come up.

No chance in hell of Movie 10 coming out in the US (or anywhere else apart from japan, etc) in theaters. It just isn't popular enough.

Here is what I had to say about this:

OMFG! I HOPE IS F'ING TRUE! I ALREADY WANTED TO WATCH POKEMON IN THEATER AGAIN! XD */caps*
I always like to watch a movie in a "theater-ish environment". Sure I have a theater setup in my house but when PUSA took over and release M8 and M9 on DVD they turn it into a low budget flim. Bad quality video, full screen (M8) and NO SURROUND SOUND (M9 was in MONO which made it worst!). Plus I don't have cable so I couldn't be watching it when it airs. XP

So by watching the movie in theater, we'll be getting the same experience when it was release in theater in Japan except it being dubbed. Also if that's the only way to obtain Darkari then I'll be happy to bring my Diamond copy and DS along with me. :)

It could be a *very* limited run, like a single night. They had a special run of anime movies a few months ago in the US called Anime Bento. I went to see Conquerer of Shamballa and Castle of Cagliostro.

But, if they do have a limited release, that means I'd have to convince my parents to drive me to Pittsburgh (which is something I don't think my dad would be willing to do, at the moment). Unless, for some reason, the limited release turns out to be VERY limited and it excludes that city (in which case, I'd be out of luck completely).

So anyway, yeah, if this thing about The Rise of Darkrai coming to theaters is true, then I really hope they'll have a wide release. That way I wouldn't have to leave my state.

I didn't know the Tag Battle special would be airing tonight and thus, I missed the Darkrai movie premiere. Does anyone know if it'll air tomorrow morning?

Last edited:
Theaters? Maybe this is my chance to get a Darkari. Hopefully I can take my little sister to mask myself going into a Pokemon movie.

So they might be releasing this in the cinema? Very interesting. Showing it on TV first is an odd move, but understandable if they might be thinking of distrubuting Darkrai at the cinema showings, it creates the interest in Darkrai I guess? Besides, seeing the movie on the big screen is a MUCH better experiance XD

Anyway, If they do this, I kinda hope they show the movie at cinemas here in the UK too, I think the last movie that was in cinemas here was...movie 3. Plus an event Darkrai would be awesome D:

OMFG! I HOPE IS F'ING TRUE! I ALREADY WANTED TO WATCH POKEMON IN THEATER AGAIN! XD */caps*
I always like to watch a movie in a "theater-ish environment". Sure I have a theater setup in my house but when PUSA took over and release M8 and M9 on DVD they turn it into a low budget flim. Bad quality video, full screen (M8) and NO SURROUND SOUND (M9 was in MONO which made it worst!). Plus I don't have cable so I couldn't be watching it when it airs. XP

So by watching the movie in theater, we'll be getting the same experience when it was release in theater in Japan except it being dubbed. Also if that's the only way to obtain Darkari then I'll be happy to bring my Diamond copy and DS along with me. :)

You have a home cinema set-up, yet you don't have pay TV at all? :lol:

I have neither, so :p

In about 4 minutes.

I hope you can get Darkrai at these showings. I'm willing to bet they could have sold a lot more tickets to 4Ever if you coulda gotten Celebi at it.

I assume the distribution mehod was similar to the TRU Manaphy giveaway?

I hope it's coming on YTV!

If not I guess someone will have it recorded anyway! :D

And they should just send out about 10 games just filled with Darkrai to every theatre, and they could get an employee to do it!

Wait...wait...so it REALLY is coming to theatres, even for a limited release, even a one-night deal...so it wasn't an error or something?

If so- and I'm still not holding my breath until there's more word on it- that. would. be. kick. ass. Second I saw screencaps of the movie I thought it'd be way too awesome to see it in theatre, and even more so when I saw the original trailers.

Here's hoping.

And here's hoping they go with releasing Darkrai. They really would sell more tickets if you could get Darkrai at the movie.

I almost don't want to watch the TV airing just so I have a reason to spend 10 bucks at the movies. If I tell my parents I already saw the movie on TV, they might not let me go to the theater just to get Darkrai. Plus I want the movie to feel fresh on the big screen. =)

OMG, one guy said "theatre" and now everyone is wanking "OMG! KOOLAH! ITZ GONA B IN THEATREZ!!!!111". That guy simply forgot that Pokemon Movies are gone from American theatres since fourth (or fifth) movie. There is NOT going to be any theatrical release! That's the truth!

I think the fullscreen Movie 8 was 4Kids' doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom