• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Rise of Darkrai TV Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there going to released it on theaters, because I never seen a movie shown on TV would be thrown to a theater afterwards. Usually there would be proof it would be released on theaters when it shows on the previews in the movies which makes a bit iffy about that case. But WHY SUNDAY!!! Dammit I'm working, so probably I gonna have to record it and watch it another day.

I want this rumor to be true, I really really do. I've been scouring the internet all morning (yay for slow mornings at work!) and haven't found a darn thing other than the CN quote though. If it were going to theaters, you think there would have been some sort of information given.

I think they mis-spoke. It would be awesome to go in limited release, because I live near the theater in OKC that always has the 'limited release' and 'special engagement' shows. I just don't see it happening though.

You have a home cinema set-up, yet you don't have pay TV at all? :lol: ...
Well "home theater". Just the usual HDTV, surround sound system and DVD player. I didn't built a theater-like room. lol XP
And cable-nazi everywhere are overprice. I'm waiting for FIOS in my area but I would only get it for internet first and see how well it does for TV later.
I think the fullscreen Movie 8 was 4Kids' doing...
Yes, I know but PUSA took over the project but if I was PUSA I would throw out the full screen and use the ORIGINAL wide screen video. What's so hard to do that?!

Heh, I'm glad to see others would like to enjoy the theater experience. If this is real maybe we can get together and watch the movie in theater! :party:

Oh, man!

If only I lived near everyone on Bulbagarden! XD

I would so take you up on that offer, BigCN401!! ^_^

We actually have an amazing surround sound/home theater system at home as well that we use with antenna ;)

It would be fun for a limited release to have lots of little mini 'get togethers'. My friends and family tire of me talking about 'that show we thought she grew out of'.

But if it's a limited release, I (probably) won't get a chance to see it! Because the movie wouldn't go to any cities that are near me! ;_;

That's why, if the movie's going to theaters, I want them to have a wide release. *hopes for a wide release*

I'm more concerned about Buizel. How many episodes away is America from the trade? The trailer said the movie would be released in several months, likely after the trade would have been shown on TV. A WTF moment for some fans.

The dub is taking a break so the WTFbiaedopinionbigevent trade won't happen until Season 11 begins, which is either Fall or early Summer.

I think kids are smart enough to know when a movie takes place, before or after a major event like Chimchar

Awe man I sure hope season 11 doesn't begin in the fall, let is begin in the summer please. I don't know if I can wait so long for new episodes to begin. Besides the trade episode is one of the few episodes I'm looking forward to. Both Chimchar and Buziel are my favorite Pokemon on Ash team. Any who I look forward to the movie, too bad it airs after Chimchar gets caught.

I am so excited that this movie will be shown in theaters!

The only problem is, I would have already watched it about a million times before it comes to theaters. Why are they airing it on TV first? It's going to draw less people to the movie theater, and ruin the movie experience!

This should be done in a complete opposite way! Though, it won't stop me from watching it in theaters.

Last edited:
I hope to God that they show it in theatres. If it does, then I need to think of a way to convince my parents to take me to it. (I still haven't got my damn driver's liscense)

Do you think it will look weird for a 16 year-old to walk into a theatre to see this movie?

I don't think it will look weird if you drag along a child or just claim you are babysitting...
If it hits theatres I will take my 9 year old brother! (He is actually 13 but he looks 9, it is a trait that usually only the woman in my family get where they look years younger then they really are! for example before my Mother died she looked about 31-35 and she was 51!)

Anyway back on topic just pretnd one of your siblings is dragging you along!

I'm 19, and if it does go to theaters, I will PROUDLY go by myself all decked out in Pokemon regalia. I have another friend I could drag with me perhaps, but she's also 19. I don't see anything wrong with it!

Like I said though, I'll still have to convince my parents.

Your proof? I just went there and didn't see anything saying they weren't. In fact, nothing has changed at all, except for the tag battle advertisment.

it says it in the Mail Bag, under the subject ''The Rise of Darkrai"

it says that it will debut on Cartoon Network and then be released on DVD

I thought they made a mistake in the commerail, but if it were in theaters i'd see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom