• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Rocket's Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elric von Bek

Reaction score
I have a flavor question about the Rockets and a particular set of Pokémon. I'm posting this here because I feel it will get more attention than if it were posted in the TCG section. So, between the Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge sets, the Rockets get some really rare Kanto Pokémon: Scyther, Hitmonchan, Snorlax, Moltres, Zapdos, and of course Mewtwo. Mewtwo makes enough sense, given it was a Rocket science experiment. But the others, including the legendary birds, are way stronger than what you tend to see in the Rocket's in-game roster. Why do you suppose the Rockets were given these rare Pokémon?

I don't play the TCG, so I have no idea what you're talking about. But Moltres and Zapdos might be a reference to the manga, where they want all three legendary birds to fuse them together.

Snorlax would be helpful, since it blocks roads. Put it in the right place and it could stop the cops from going after you. No thought on why they might have Hitmonchan or Scyther. But they do steal Pokémon, so there could be that.

I've always presumed that in the not-quite-the-anime, not-quite-the-game lore of the TCG (which is largely nonexistent and is generally only told through the art or through card types, like the who "Holon" and "Delta Species" things at the end of the Advance Generation of the TCG, for example), that Team Rocket is actually quite competent, and would explain why they have these Pokemon at their disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom