• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Room Mafia: Johnny's Revenge 24/05/2013 - Endgame - Wurld Domination! JOHNNY WINS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Room Mafia: Johnny's Revenge 17/05/2013 - Dei Uwan - oh hi dei uwan

I just wanted to get it out of the way so that I wouldn't get lynched early on.

Sure, being lynched early isn't fun, but someone has to die first. If you really are the doctor, you're being a distraction from scumhunting.

fantastic lmao doc outed day one for no reason!!! like what was the need at all

i dont see how that could even have been considered a good idea to anyone in the history of ever but clearly people dont even bother trying to use their brains so like we may as well just say the mafia win right now!!!

besides that a one-shot doctor protection is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of for a role and therefore no thanks and goodbye

Vote: GengarWithSunglasses.

All right, the lack of a response to m0ckingbird's question even AFTER I gave another mention about it is really worrying.

UNVOTE: Fushimi
VOTE: GengarWithSunglasses

I'd ask if anyone counterclaims him, but that wouldn't be a good idea. At this point I'm definitely inclined to not trust that claim, he was way too willing. And if he genuinely was you'd think he would claim privately to someone who seemed trustworthy in his eyes.

All right, the lack of a response to m0ckingbird's question even AFTER I gave another mention about it is really worrying.

I answered. I don't actually know how to link a post, but it was at 4:46 PM. It said that I didn't want to die early and wanted to get it out of the way first.

I answered. I don't actually know how to link a post, but it was at 4:46 PM. It said that I didn't want to die early and wanted to get it out of the way first.

You answered me not m0cking

@GengarWithSungalsses; you tried to get an early majority and requested a reason not to vote for Fushimi which is something non of us can provide this early in the game, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Care to explain?

Oh this question, good point, I was expecting a different response or maybe a claim.

Oh this question, good point, I was expecting a different response or maybe a claim.
Wait, I'm confused. A claim out of who, Fushimi?

Yeah, well not necessarily a claim. I just wanted some kind of progress or confirmation to find advance the scum hunt. I guess I should have worded it better though.

@GengarWithSunglasses; Alright, I have one more question at the moment. Why did you claim 1x doctor out in the open? Is there no one you trust even a little to just claim to them?

@GengarWithSunglasses; Alright, I have one more question at the moment. Why did you claim 1x doctor out in the open? Is there no one you trust even a little to just claim to them?

Well, if I were to trust anyone at the moment, it would be M0cking and you. You two both seem to be actively interrogating to aid the scum hunt. Null read from Fushimi. Townish from FinalArcadia, Stahl and Mido.

Well, if I were to trust anyone at the moment, it would be M0cking and you. You two both seem to be actively interrogating to aid the scum hunt. Null read from Fushimi. Townish from FinalArcadia, Stahl and Mido.

I see. It's a valid answer, but that raises the question as to why you would reveal the doctor claim out in the open when you could have privately told someone whom you trusted. Which is why I'm still not really buying that claim, to be honest.

Notes:
FinalArcadia
---#30 Minor Scumread
------Asks Momoka why she voted for GWS (a valid question) but paradoxically votes for Fushimi "for discussion sake" - even though tying up the votes at one a piece between GWS and Fushimi is unlikely to generate nearly as much discussion as a second vote on GWS would have. Her reluctance to be the one to make a wagon out of Momoka's vote is noteworthy from a generally robust scumhunter.
------The questions she opts to ask Fushimi along with her vote seem to attempt to make the vote look substantive, even though the responses to those questions are unlikely to affect anyone's read on Fushimi.
---#41 Minor Townread
------Asks a very reasonable question.
---#45 Minor Scumread
------Waits less than an hour for GWS to respond to her question before growing tired of waiting and voting for him - cementing the wagon. Was he online at the time? <--FA when you read this, please answer this. Would like to know what provoked such impatience.

m0ckingbird20
---#34 Minor Scumread
------Makes the now-redundant point (as Fushimi herself had addressed this in the post above his) that there is no suitable response to the non-existent accusations behind the Fushimi wagon. This post isn't quite active-lurking, but it's sole purpose in existing was to point out something that had already been said, so it's close.
---#37 Minor Scumread
------Points out that GWS could be lying (this can be said of any post) and that he's just given the Mafia information (this can be said of any roleclaim). Still hasn't provided his own personal opinion on anything or anyone, opting instead to make general, vague, but technically accurate assessments.
---#39 Scumread
------Sees that the tide may soon turn against GWS, jumps on the wagon while intriguingly neglecting to mention whether or not he actually believes GWS is Scum - even going so far as to justify a potential mislynch by asserting that even if GWS is Town, he's hurting his faction. Pre-emptively explaining away a potential mislynch? Do not like...

Midorikawa
---#35 Minor Scumread
------Offers two pieces of generic input (both redundant, the former being made by Momoka in #29, the latter by Fushimi in #33) then non-chalantly ties up the votes with a vote for GWS.
---#38 Neutral
------Asks a very reasonable question.
---#48 Neutral
------Clarifies FinalArcadia's #45.

Momoka
---#29 Minor Scumread
------First vote of the thread, votes for GengarWithSunglasses (an easy mislynch who will have a difficult time defending himself) and the lines above and below the vote offer generic play-advice with no information/analysis specific to GengarWithSunglasses. This vote was designed to give no information but set the pace for the day against GWS.
---#31 Neutral
------Confirms that her GWS vote was indeed random. Further asserts that her #29, in and of itself, means nothing unless others follow her GWS vote.
---#46 Neutral
------Difficult to pinpoint the motivation behind this post. Cautions against a counterclaim, which is technically good, "Pro-Town" advice to avoid unnecessarily outing a power role, yet at the same time hold viable Scum-motivation: Who knows who the Town would turn on next if the GWS wagon was toppled by lack of a counterclaim?
---#50 Neutral
------The post "feels" genuine - at the same time, I'm not sure how GWS' post was confusing. It seemed clear (to me, at least) that he was talking about Fushimi.
---#52 Neutral
------Asks a reasonable question
---#54 Minor Townread
------I disagree with her conclusion, but I can understand how she arrived at it.

Buoy
---#44 Neutral
------Rude without prior provocation is not typically a scum-trait. I would lean Town on this post if it weren't for the fact that it's likely to bait GWS into a heated reply - it is difficult to ascertain whether or not this was by design.

Spectrum Achromatic

Fushimi
---#33 Minor Townread
------Provides, as anticipated, generic responses to FinalArcadia's generic questions from #30. Seems disinterested in the two votes placed on her and very reasonably asks GWS what she ought to be defending herself from.

GengarWithSunglasses
---#32 Neutral
------On the one hand, this post reads like a lackadaisical townie who doesn't feel threatened at all by the single vote placed on him.
------On the other hand, the stated intent of his vote ("to get a lynch off this phase"/"to get an early majority") clashes with what is pretty clearly his actual intent: To ensure that the leading bandwagon is on someone other than himself.
---#36 Minor wtf-read
------Swoops in out of nowhere to roleclaim 1-shot Doctor. <.<;
---#42 Minor Townread
------Sounds very much like a distressed Townie - albeit one who isn't defending himself adequately.
---#47 Minor Townread
------Still sounds like a distressed Townie. His responses feel clumsy but genuine.
---#49 Neutral
------Kind of a lame response - but I'm not sure what spectacular answer I would have hoped for to this question.
---#51 Minor Townread
------Feels natural
---#53 Minor Townread
------Yay! Someone has finally posted a list of reads! Who would have guessed it would have been the lead wagon, though? :p

Stahl
---#40 Minor Scumread
------Asks the same question Midorikawa asked. On the upside, she commits to an opinion on GWS' claim (she doesn't believe him). On the downside, she says she'll "likely" vote for him later. Why not vote for him now if you believe he's lying about his claim?
---#43 Minor Scumread
------Points out that "someone has to die first," which is technically true but not especially helpful without elaboration, then goes on to suggest (as m0ckingbird had before her) that even if GWS is Town he's hurting his faction. Again, digging heels in for an anticipated mislynch.

Reads:

^ Most Town
|
| Momoka
| GengarWithSunglasses
| Fushimi
| Buoy
| Spectrum Achromatic
| Midorikawa
| Stahl
| FinalArcadia
| m0ckingbird20
|
v Least Town

Vote: m0ckingbird20

Voting my top scumread.

I don't like the GengarWithSunglasses wagon, it's too easy. Half the votes on him (well, more than half, actually) are just "Well, even if you're Town, we should still lynch you."

Vote Count:

GengarWithSunglasses V (Momoka; Midorikawa; m0ckingbird20; Buoy; FinalArcadia;)
Fushimi I (GengarWithSunglasses;)
m0ckingbird20 I (Master Mew;)

I don't think GWS would be lying about being 1x doctor. He claimed specifically 1x. It sounds ridiculous, but that's why it doesn't sound like it's fake. The size of the game is small, so I assume most of the roles have limited usage.

I don't think GWS would be lying about being 1x doctor. He claimed specifically 1x. It sounds ridiculous, but that's why it doesn't sound like it's fake. The size of the game is small, so I assume most of the roles have limited usage.
So you are inclined to believe GengarWithSunglasses' roleclaim? Ok, what do you think of everyone else?

If GWS would be a bad lynch, who do you think might be a good lynch?

I don't see much from anyone, but I'd like to ask @Fushimi; and @Stahl; if they're going to vote

m0ckingbird20
---#34 Minor Scumread
------Makes the now-redundant point (as Fushimi herself had addressed this in the post above his) that there is no suitable response to the non-existent accusations behind the Fushimi wagon. This post isn't quite active-lurking, but it's sole purpose in existing was to point out something that had already been said, so it's close.
---#37 Minor Scumread
------Points out that GWS could be lying (this can be said of any post) and that he's just given the Mafia information (this can be said of any roleclaim). Still hasn't provided his own personal opinion on anything or anyone, opting instead to make general, vague, but technically accurate assessments.
---#39 Scumread
------Sees that the tide may soon turn against GWS, jumps on the wagon while intriguingly neglecting to mention whether or not he actually believes GWS is Scum - even going so far as to justify a potential mislynch by asserting that even if GWS is Town, he's hurting his faction. Pre-emptively explaining away a potential mislynch? Do not like...
For post #34: I didn't realize that Fushimi had already said the exact same thing so I didn't intend to repeat it. My bad.

For post #37: I don't see what's the problem, yeah anyone could be lying but the 1x Doc claim is not really common and the chances that GWS faked it are higher than say a normal Doc claim, which would also be a good excuse that GWS decide to claim during D1, "Yeah I am 1x Doc not a real Doc so it's OK.". Also yeah every claim reveals info to Mafia but GWS didn't have a reason to claim at the very start of the game and as you can see it didn't help him avoid the wagon and even in case his claim is true, which I doubt I don't think he will survive long enough. So, which is better leaving it to pass silently and let Mafia take care of him which will not give us many reads and we will still probably miss-lynch someone or starting a wagon and observing reactions trying to get reads from those that posted their opinion about the wagon? Like you did with me? If I had let it slide you wouldn't be voting me atm.

For post #39: I voted him practically 1 post later which didn't really gave me the time to realize that "the tide may soon turn against GWS", I simply changed my mind and decided to cast my vote in order to push GWS to talk as my post #37 was done in a hurry.

I don't like the GengarWithSunglasses wagon, it's too easy. Half the votes on him (well, more than half, actually) are just "Well, even if you're Town, we should still lynch you."
I have to say I find the wagon really easy atm too as a matter of fact I exppressed that opinion to Human when he asked me what do I think about the game.
[12:20:36 πμ] Konstantinos Spiliadis (m0ckingbird20): ^^
[12:20:49 πμ] HumanDawn: are you enjoying the room mafia so far?
[12:21:08 πμ] Konstantinos Spiliadis (m0ckingbird20): yeah
[12:21:17 πμ] Konstantinos Spiliadis (m0ckingbird20): not much yet
[12:21:24 πμ] Konstantinos Spiliadis (m0ckingbird20): I doubt GWS is gonna flip mafia
[12:21:28 πμ] Konstantinos Spiliadis (m0ckingbird20): but we can get something
[12:21:37 πμ] Konstantinos Spiliadis (m0ckingbird20): also 1x doc is kinda weird
[12:21:43 πμ] Konstantinos Spiliadis (m0ckingbird20): especially in such a small game

But since I don't have any better scum reads atm I am going with it.

The claim is hard to believe as in a game this small there is usually just a cop and/or doc or jailkeeper. 1x doc is a weird claim and there will only be about two mafia in this game so if GWS turns up mafia well at least we have something to go off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom