• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Notice: The Round Table

Elieson

Actually a Parent! WA0H!
Reaction score
@CheffOfGames @DarthWolf @Maniacal Engineer @AussieEevee

I worked with a friend a few years back on building a mafia game generator, which we've adapted to be relatively current with balance options for games 9 players in size, including a conglomeration of roles. I'd like to talk to [anyone who's interested] about it, as the Role Bank idea that you're discussing is nice, and I have something time tested and relatively effective already in my pocket. That said, I don't have one for medium size (10-15) or large (anything greater) built, but those kinds of games include so much more variety, that well...let's just say that I'd need a heck of a lot more math.

CheffOfGames

Just some random guy on a random site
Reaction score
I would also like to check it out, it sounds really interesting

BackSet

Silence!
Reaction score
Hello, there.

Okay I've read the rules but just to make sure I still feel obligated by my own morals and personal ideas to ask: is Bulbagarden Mafia any different than Mafia games on other sites. I've played, like, two or three mafia games on another site but I've never super gotten into it so I'm curiousl

Lone_Garurumon

Metal Sonic
Reaction score
Hello, there.

Okay I've read the rules but just to make sure I still feel obligated by my own morals and personal ideas to ask: is Bulbagarden Mafia any different than Mafia games on other sites. I've played, like, two or three mafia games on another site but I've never super gotten into it so I'm curiousl
It's all based on the same basic format, so the main differences are in site culture and little quirks in the rules.
I'm never good at describing stuff like that so the only thing I can really suggest is maybe just join a game and see what you think.

DarthWolf

Sith Puppy
Reaction score
Hello, there.

Hey, as the others have already said the basic principle of Mafia is the same. It's just a matter of details that we are(n't) used to. For example, most of us here don't use majority rules (ending the phase when a majoirty has voted the same person) while I've seen it being a standard rule on other site. The best way to figure these things out is indeed to just play a game here.
Biggest bit of site culture to get used to:
Always kill DarthWolf on D1, even if he isn't a player. He's just bad news and needs to go.

Oh, and always trust ME. I am extremely trustworthy. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
One of these things is true, the other one is false.

BackSet

Silence!
Reaction score
Biggest bit of site culture to get used to:
Always kill DarthWolf on D1, even if he isn't a player. He's just bad news and needs to go.

Oh, and always trust ME. I am extremely trustworthy. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
Hey, as the others have already said the basic principle of Mafia is the same. It's just a matter of details that we are(n't) used to. For example, most of us here don't use majority rules (ending the phase when a majoirty has voted the same person) while I've seen it being a standard rule on other site. The best way to figure these things out is indeed to just play a game here.

One of these things is true, the other one is false.
I'll kill both of you, then. Two birds with one stone. It's like the robot/clone dilema except instead of asking a question only they would know I shoot both of them. Sure my friend's dead but so's the robot/clone.

Edit: also, thanks for the info y'all. I'll be sure to join a game firts chance I get.

Contrainer

Impatient
Reaction score
Hello, there.

Just letting you know, I am literally always Town. At least here.

AussieEevee

I exist.
Reaction score
Just letting you know, I am literally always Town. At least here.
I find it amusing how often I roll town... I think I have been scum probably... what? 15% of my games? Can someone who is good at maths look that up for me?

Contrainer

Impatient
Reaction score
I find it amusing how often I roll town... I think I have been scum probably... what? 15% of my games? Can someone who is good at maths look that up for me?
In games you have played this year, you have rolled Town 37.5% of the time, Mafia 50% of the time, and Independent 12.5% of the time.

AussieEevee

I exist.
Reaction score
In games you have played this year, you have rolled Town 37.5% of the time, Mafia 50% of the time, and Independent 12.5% of the time.
That town percentage seems kinda low.

Not doubting you or anything, but I thought it was way higher than that.