• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
On the coast town of Sandgem, there lies a school for the training of future Pokemon professors. Founded and named after Professor Rowan of the Sinnoh region. Students to sixteen to eighteen years of age are selected from all over the world to spend four years at the university after taking a standardized test and are sent letters for when they’ve been chosen. Students are offered the best of many classes from many trained professional Pokemon researchers, and are able to research on site for some classes. More information will be given on the day of the opening assembly.

Students dormitories are co-ed, but only two of the same gender may room together unless of special circumstances otherwise, or students may room solo. Student attendees must also wear provided uniforms when attending classes. Students are also allowed two of their Pokemon to brought with them for their studies, and students may be able to obtain more Pokemon partners through their studies.

The journey begins.

Rules: Please Read and Follow Accordingly.
  1. Standard Bulbagarden Forums and RP Section Rules apply as always.
  2. No Godmodding/Bunnying/ Auto-hitting.
  3. Inactivity for long periods of time will be punished unless there is contact with myself before this occurs.
  4. There will be an OOC Thread after the Start Up is made where you’ll be able to ask questions, propose ideas and discuss about this Role-Play.
  5. Remember to be nice to your fellow RPers, if anything gets out of hand I will be forced to bring a Moderator in.
  6. The GM words are law, and of course the Moderator’s law is higher.

Some Character Rules cause I’m lame.
  1. I’ll limit you to two characters per player, unless special permission is granted.
  2. The uniform is a white button-up shirt with a black blazers or sweater vest featuring the school’s logo on the left breast pocket, a gold shield featuring the Lake Trio, as well matching pants and or an optional choice of skirt for females.
  3. Romance is fine, but don’t go past second base. If you wish to continue, please do it in PM’s.
  4. For Pokemon, obviously no Legendaries. But I’m also removing the choices of starters, fully evolved Pseudo-Legends and Eeveelutions. Try to be more unique with your choices. They may also be shiny if you wish, just remember to put it in the Sign Up post.
  5. Majors, I’m allowing you to choose anything that previous Pokemon Professors have studied(I.E. Evolutions, origins, etc.) and wild stuff like Shadow Pokemon and Ultra Beasts. The only thing I am excluding is the Battle Bond Phenomenon, since that is exclusive to one Pokemon, little explanation has been given about it and I’m more leaning to the games side of things than the anime outside of battling.

Name:

Sexuality: (Straight, Homosexual, Bisexual, and all the others).

Appearance: (A picture may be used if you wish).

Personality: (Just more than one sentence please).

History: (Optional, may be revealed later on).

Skills: (Anything your character can do that would you like to share, just don’t make them perfect).

Origin: (City, Region).

Major: (Pokemon/Human Relationships, breeding, habitats, evolution, etc).

Pokemon: (Limited to two, refer to character rules above for what is banned).

Extra: (Any extra information you'd like to add such as likes, dislikes, etc.)

Name: Jean-Paul Vandame.

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: 5’7 in height. Fair skin. Platinum-blonde colored hair. Brownish-green eyes. Lots of freckles under his eyes. Prefers the school blazer uniform variant. Outside of his school uniform he wears a t-shirt under a open button-up shirt, with usually khakis and sperrys.

Personality: Jean-Paul is often nervous when he experiences new things. But after calming down, he very nice but can be rude when he dislikes a person. Jean-Paul knows his boundaries, and looks down upon himself immensely compared to his friends, but when someone his being rude to him and his friends he’ll bring them down with him.

History: Jean-Paul grew up in the Kalos region fascinated with the myths that flew across the region. Though due to his family being against him traveling on his own until he was of age, he never had the opportunity to see and learn all the myths and origins across the region. However, after him and his family were ecstatic when he passed the standardized test for the University, allowing him to attend and leave the region. With his family’s approval cause well, it’s school, a possible future of actually following his dreams open upped.

Skills: Jean-Paul is a really skilled writer, with a fondness for poetry.

Origin: Laverre City, Kalos.

Major: Pokemon Origins.

Pokemon:
Rutile-Meowstic(Female): Jean-Paul’s first Pokemon and long time friend.
Wimsey-Honchkrow(Male).

Extra: He prefers the quiet above all else.

Name: Tsukiko Nakagawa.

Sexuality: Bisexual, but very few know.

Appearance: 5’2 in height. Normal skin. Dark blue-dyed hair, originally a light black. Brown-colored eyes. Black-rimmed glasses. School uniform is the sweater vest and skirt variant. When not in class, she wears a long sleeve shirt under a parka, with any type of pants that is not jeans, or an ankle high skirt. Tsukiko may sometimes wear a shrine maiden outfit as well.

Personality: Though a timid and shy girl, Tsukiko is always trying her best with many things. But mostly she will remain quiet and do as she is told. Regardless, Tsukiko is a kind and caring individual. However she is very skeptical others due to her shyness, and will only come out of this if she thinks they are fully trustful.

History: Tsukiko’s mother died when she was very young. In order to provide for themselves, her father took on a job where he had be away home very often, because of so Tsukiko lived with her grandparents most of her life. While she was there her grandparents tried to convert her into the perfect “Kimono Girl” like the ones at the Ecruteak Theater; though Tsukiko did enjoy learning to dance with the group at the theater, she realized it wasn’t for her. Her father always wanting her to be more than her grandparents kimono girl, he recommend she take the standardized test for the university. Having always enjoy learning, she attempted the test; passing with the highest mark out of the group she taken with. Maybe it was fate she passed the test.

Skills: Due to being a part of the Ecruteak Theater, Tsukiko knows how to do traditional Johto dances. She knows how to cook as well, though most of the recipes she knows by heart are all long-cooked dishes.

Origin: Ecruteak City, Johto.

Major: Pokemon & Human Relationships.

Pokemon:
Mamoru-Houndoom(Male): Her first Pokemon as a Houndour, given by her father when he was back from work.
Miwa-Togetic(Female): Given to her by the other Kimono Girls at the theater as an egg for her birthday.

Extra: Her blue hair was due to an experiment of wanting something different, she convince her grandparents into letting her do this by saying it wears off eventually.

Last edited:
This is interesting, and I've just about got my signup complete. The only issue I'm having is the personality section. I'm okay at listing a few traits and getting things across in RPing, but actually describing the personality of a character is very difficult.

Personally, I think those sections could be left out or made optional, but that's just me.

This is interesting, and I've just about got my signup complete. The only issue I'm having is the personality section. I'm okay at listing a few traits and getting things across in RPing, but actually describing the personality of a character is very difficult.

I get what you mean. Just post what you have and I’ll see if it’s alright.

Name: Michael Ayers

Appearance: Michael is 6 feet tall with an athletic build, short brown hair, brown eyes, and the beginnings of a beard. Aside from his uniform - he wears the blazer - he wears t-shirts and jeans, and likes to wear a hat and sunglasses when outside.

Personality: nice, outgoing but a bit reserved, willing to help others, gets a bit snarky when annoyed, likes good-natured ribbing of his friends, will speak his mind on something when he has a thought about it, absolutely refuses to swear

Skills: Michael likes to play guitar, and has been playing for 9 years, including 2 years of lessons from his father. He generally plays songs that Heather likes to sing - and he will sing as well if the song also has a male singer - but he does play songs by artists he likes. He does like to learn new songs when he has time, but he cannot write any to save his life.

Origin: Hau'oli City, Alola by way of Jubilife City, Sinnoh

Major: Pokémon origins

Pokemon: Archen (Roc) - male; given to Michael by his grandfather as an egg before moving moving to Alola
Sneasel (Quickstryke) - male; shiny; given to Michael for his birthday by his girlfriend, Heather

Extra: Michael is right-handed, but he plays guitar left-handed. He's always said that it's what felt right to him. Whenever he ends up in a situations where anyone else would swear (i.e. "Well, [censored]."), he instead tends to say "bleep."

Name: Heather Winters

Appearance: Heather stands 5 feet 9 inches tall with sky-blue eyes and waist-length platinum blonde hair, usually tied back in a ponytail. She prefers the blazer for her uniform, and will decide whether she wears a skirt or pants depending on the day - leaning towards skirts during warmer weather and pants during colder weather. Her regular outfits consist of tops of varying shades of blue and - following the same pattern as her uniform - a black skirt or black pants. She wears black tights when wearing a skirt most days, and black calf-length socks all others.

Personality: cheerful, studious, easily excitable, tends to throw herself into research (or as she calls it, "aggressive learning"), will rush to help any Pokémon she sees in danger (excluding battles), becomes extremely oblivious to all but her immediate surroundings (and becomes hyper-attentive to said surrounding in return) when she gets in one of her "modes"

Skills: Heather has a natural talent at singing, and tries to take an hour every day to practice. She has a range of styles she enjoys, some more than others, and she does prefer to stick with those. Despite several attempts, however, she cannot write her own songs.

Origin: Malie City, Alola

Major: Pokémon mythology

Pokemon: Vulpix (Aurora) - female; Alolan form; rescued from a landslide during a trip to Tapu Village
Buneary (Grace) - female; a gift from her boyfriend, Michael, as they were leaving for Sinnoh

Extra: Heather has a notebook filled with notes about and sketches of important locations and stories of Ula'ula Island. She doesn't really like Dark or Ghost type Pokémon in general, but does like certain ones, such as Absol or Michael's Sneasel, Quickstryke. Ghost types in particular make her nervous.

Last edited:
Name: Snow Gimm

Appearance: He has green eyes, Yellow spiky hair and wears glasses
Personality: Focused, Friendly, Busy, Air Headed

Skills: Snow is good at whistling
Origin: Sandgem Town, Sinnoh
Major: To Research Shinies

Pokemon: Zigzagoon (Spike), Dewgong (Icy)
Extra: Likes the winter and hates the rain and kanto pokemon apart from Dewgong

(Sorry if it's bad)

Last edited:
@Warrior of Fire Accepted.

@BulbasaurFan4 You seem to have misinterpreted the Major section of the Sign Up, as that is what you be studying to become a professor of. I reccomend re-reading the character rules I provided. Also while your skills while good, two of them are more personality traits then skills. The “handle the cold part” can go to the extra and the last part about “preventing people from getting hurt” can go to personality with some rewording. Also, please give your character a last name.

Last edited:
Things that i can fix: Last name, Major swap ups
Things That IDK can be done: Personaltity on skill?!
Things that can't done since reasons: The cold bit

(Don't count the cold bit i guess then)
(Since im lazy the last name will be Gimm and the thing that they researching is shinies)
(IDK how to fix personality on skill so Just don't count that)

@BulbasaurFan4 Allow me to show you what needs to be fix. All of it will be in the spoiler. The lines quoted will be things you need to change.

Name: Snow
Add last name.

Appearance: He has green eyes, Yellow spiky hair and wears glasses
Go into more detail here; what does Snow wear outside of his uniform? What version of the uniform does he wear? How tall is he?

Personality: Focused, Friendly, Busy, Air Headed
While his personality traits are good, this needs more detail. Try to describe how he acts.

Skills: Snow is good at whistling, He can handle the cold, He sometimes can prevent someone from getting hurt
This is what I was talking about earlier. The two bold lines are not skills. "He can handle the cold" is more fitted to go into Extra info. The latter fits more best to personality, describe it as sorta like this; "Due to his overarching friendliness and as well as being a airhead, Snow often tries to prevent people from getting into fights or stupidly getting hurt, he is sometimes successful but is often hurt himself in the process."

Major: School Friends, His Pokemon
This. Majors are what you will be studying over the course of the RP; this may be anything done by previous Pokemon Professors, or something new but must be explain what it is.

Please refer to the rules I've provided, and used my sign up as well as Warrior's sign up as examples in order to edit yours. This can all be edited into your original post.

Name: Renée Page

Appearance: Renée is five feet and three inches tall, with short and shaggy light brown hair and hazel eyes. Her uniform consists of a school blazer and skirt. Outside of class, she usually wears t-shirts with various patterns worn under a hoodie, pants, and a tan sun hat.

Personality: Renée is a naturally curious person who loves experiencing and studying what ever new thing she hears about. She is talkative, confident, borderline obsessive about things that catch her interest, and goes out of her way to be polite to people. On the other hand, Renée also enjoys lounging around by herself a lot, as she considers that her best method of thinking through her various assignments, projects and anything else going through her mind. Unfortunately, this tends to give off the impression that she is slightly lazy.

History: (Revealed later on).

Skills: Renée is an above average chef. This extends to her ability to cook for Pokémon as well, as she is adept at making poké puffs for her Pokémon, as well as any other. Since arriving in Sinnoh, she began slowly practicing to cook poffins at the same proficiency.

Origin: Laverre City, Kalos

Major: Pokémon Evolution

Pokemon: Mawile (Minette) - female; first Pokémon, received as an egg from a cousin.
Feebas (Barnett) - male; caught while visiting family in Hoenn.

Extra: Loves to go fishing, and considers it her best way of thinking and relaxing. Has trouble sleeping at night after visiting the scary house on Route 14 and getting nightmares after hearing the owner’s scary story.

Name: Edgar Magnockette

Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance: Edgar is of rather stout stature, and although she often walks while she is awake, her form remains rotund. Black hair, shiny with natural sheen and pubescent grease, curls around her triangular ears with a neatness that is in contrast with the messy bramble upon her head and on the back of her neck. Edgar has irises of milky opal color, and her eyes are usually dry, puffy, and red due to her pervasive allergies. Her tiny nose easily protrudes between them, and her nostrils bend down toward her lips, which are thin & pale.
In terms of her figure, Edgar is simply short & tubby, much like her Drowzee, Snacky. Edgar would prefer to adorn the black sweater vest over her white shirt, for her broad, stocky shoulders generally disagree with the company of a jacket. Edgar would also prefer the pants rather than the skirt, for she enjoys the snugness of fabric on her legs, as these trousers probably would provide. The gold shield upon her uniform may sometimes be shinier than it should...

Personality: While Edgar is not an introvert, most of her emotions occur due to internal activity rather than interactions with external factors, such as other individuals - even Snacky. Edgar is a very thoughtful gal, thus her world is mostly in her mind, and her adventures are on the paths of neural impulses. She is, in many senses, and independent person; however, she is capable of social bonds, affection, etc., although she is not, in general, a person with which once could develop a profound relationship. If relationships were a bridge between two lands, then the end of the bridge that connects to the land of Edgar has affixed to an insurmountable cliff.

History: Edgar initially researched the Origin of Pokémon Eggs with the allowance of the Day-Care Couple by Goldenrod City. During one night of her study, Edgar was outside with a flashlight, some pencils, and several loose sheets of paper, and she was a witness to a wild Drowzee who approached a Jigglypuff in slumber. She watched the former eat the dreams of the latter, and her scientific mind gradually indulged a manic spiral of curiosity of how that was even possible. She later captured a Drowzee with the assistance of a passerby Pokémon trainer and began to study & love Snacky the Drowzee.

Skills: +Edgar is capable of extremely profound cognition, although she is very vulnerable to erroneuous logic in that state due to immensely specific attention to the progression of an idea rather than the sense of it. Her studies usually move at the pace of a Snorlax because she usually needs to spend hours of modification of whatever notes she had scribbled.
+Her penmenship is absolutely atrocious, but she manages to maintain a constant level of inadequacy even while she writes with great speed; it is never any less or more terrible.
+She can perform a somersault. This is absolutely vital for her career as a scientist.

Origin: Johto, Azalea Town

Major: Physiological Interactions Between Dreams and Pokémon

Pokemon: Drowzee ♀ (Nickname: "Snacky")

Extra: Who can really say for sure?

Last edited:
One question but when is the RP starting?
Haven't got to writing the opening to the start up yet. I have a couple of school assignments to finish before getting to it. Going to wait a bit though to see if any more people wish to sign up. Hoping to have it done and posted by the end of the week, but that can change.

Haven't got to writing the opening to the start up yet. I have a couple of school assignments to finish before getting to it. Going to wait a bit though to see if any more people wish to sign up. Hoping to have it done and posted by the end of the week, but that can change.

Take all the time you need. As long as you're proud of the finished product, it'll be well worth the wait.

May I ask: "what is it that motivated you, @Ryoma Maser , to create this roleplay?" I think the concept of science in the Pokémon world is highly attractive, thus I am curious about your perspective.

Name: Moon “Byul” Byulyi

Sexuality: Quite definitely gay.

Appearance:
34qvkma.jpg

Personality: An outgoing introvert if there ever was one. She is often thought to be rather standoffish and untouchable, which couldn’t be further from the truth. Byulyi wears her heart on her sleeve and is really quite sensitive to others around her, despite her pranksterish ways. Because of this, she is thought to be Minhyuk’s polar opposite. She harbors quite a few insecurities that she hides by putting out a brave front - as a result, she becomes very awkward when out of her depth. Her empathetic nature, because of this, often goes unnoticed behind the jokes and laughter.

History: To be revealed.

Skills: An extremely athletic individual. She’s not nearly as good a cook as her brother, but is evenly matched in battle aptitude with him.

Origin: Lacunosa Town, Unova (born in Olivine City, Johto)

Major: Pokemon Evolution (with a focus in Mega Evolution)

Pokemon: Banette (Sunmi), Shiny Zoroark (Yoobin)

Extra: Like her brother, Byul dislikes competitive battling, so she instead enjoys it within a leisurely setting, usually against him. Byulyi is fraternal twins with Minhyuk, though the two could easily pass as identical twins with their physical similarities. Byul has taken advantage of this and occasionally masquerades as his younger brother to confuse other people. She is left handed.

Name: Moon Minhyuk

Sexuality: Gay, though he’s more secretive about it.

Appearance:
1672rd5.jpg

Personality: He tends to be a bit more laid back in comparison to Byul, but wouldn’t classify himself as being shy. Minhyuk can come off as being aloof or cynical, but he is actually quite kind. He’s selective of who gets to see it though, and as such is more misunderstood than anything. He likes to engage in sibling banter with Byulyi, since her happiness is what matters to him most. He doesn’t tolerate any ill intent towards her whatsoever.

History: To be revealed.

Skills: A master chef in the making, his cooking skills are nothing to sneeze at. He’s decently athletic, but not on the same level as his sister. They are evenly matched in aptitude for battling, however.

Origin: Lacunosa Town, Unova (born in Olivine City, Johto)

Major: Pokemon Mythology

Pokemon: Shiny Absol (Changbin), Meowstic (Mingyu)

Extra: He enjoys battling in a casual setting, which is why he decided not to pursue it competitively. Minhyuk is fraternal twins with Byulyi, though they could pass as identical twins without much effort due to the physical similarities between them. He is right handed.

Last edited:
@Taengoo Accepted!!! Always love your sign ups and characters in other role-plays we co-played in, or other role-plays I took a peak to.

May I ask: "what is it that motivated you, @Ryoma Maser , to create this roleplay?" I think the concept of science in the Pokémon world is highly attractive, thus I am curious about your perspective.
I always wanted to attempted GM-ing, but with my last attempt before this one failed, I decided to try a Academy/School based one. Taking in previous Pokemon academies into account, I decided to take a more different approach as others focus on all-around(I.E Gym Leader, Ranger, etc) with professors taking the back-seat. The Pokemon Professors always being some of my favorite aspects of the Pokemon series, I decided to give it a more focus then the other occupations. Choosing Professor Rowan as being one of my favorite Professors, and the probably he would be the one most likely to start a University like this.

Back
Top Bottom