• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups The Rowan University of Pokemon Studies.

"I hope this Jericho guy doesn't mind my taste in music," Michael said, heading to his room. Entering, the first thing he noticed was that while the inside half of the door was red, the outside of it was blue. Huh, he thought. Someone's chat would have a field day with this door.

He closed the door behind him and carefully set his guitar case down near it before turning towards the beds. There, he saw another man with his back turned to him. Adjusting his bag on his shoulder, Michael walked up to him.

"Hello."
~~~~~~~
Heather, meanwhile, had started unpacking. Having the room to herself, soon began singing one of her favorite songs.

"It used to feel like a fairy tale,
But now it seems like we were just, pre-ten-ding,
That we'd fix our world,
Then on our way to a hap-py ending.

Then it turned out life
Was far less like a bed-time, sto-ry,
Than a tragedy with no big reveal
Of the he-ro's glo-ry!

And it seems we weren't prepared,
For a game that wasn't fair.
Do we just go home?
Can we follow through?
When all hope is gone,
There is one thing we can do!

Let's just live!
Day by day, and not be conquered by our sorrows,
The past can't hold us down,
We must break free.
Inside we're torn apart,
But time will mend our hearts,
Move onward, not there yet,
So let's just live!"

Last edited:
Tsukiko sat on her bed shaking a bit as she quietly listen to Renée assemble a fishing pole, as Mamoru lay besides her.
'Should I even have come here? Maybe Ojī-chan and Obā-chan were right....' Her thoughts degraded herself. 'No! I mustn't think like that. Otou-san believes in me, and Okaa-san is watching me from above.'
She took a deep breath and grasp her hand on her hoodie.
"So....Renée, may...I ask where are you from?" She made the leap.

~
"Thank god," Jean-Paul said while letting go of Minhyuk's hand. "It sounds so different from what I've ever heard, the closet I can guess is Kantoian or Johtoian."
He walked over the window in the room and begun to open it.
"May I ask where you are from?"

Renée quickly got over her disappointment. She was still a student at her dream university, and could go fishing any other day. Having finished assembling the pole, she set it against the wall next to her bed. Out of things to do, Renée joined Minette in relaxing on her bed before closing her eyes as she reflected on recent events. "I still can’t believe I actually got accepted. I’m sure it’ll only get harder from now on, but when have I been one to back down when things got tough? I’ll be sure to keep doing my best, and I’ll prove to my parents that my acceptance wasn’t some kind of fluke." Smiling at the thought, Renée heard Tsukiko ask where she was from. Trying to speak at a normal pace, she cheerfully responded, “I’m from Laverre City.” It occurred to Renée that she should probably include the region to somebody who was likely from a completely different part of the world. “Oh, um, Kalos. Where’re you from? Also, what’re you majoring in? I'm looking into Pokémon evolution.”

"My sister and I grew up in Unova, but we were born in Johto," Minhyuk explained, proceeding to unpack his belongings. "We're here for a fresh start more than anything, though."

Perhaps the sarcasm had been the final coolant from reality; Edgar began to feel less heat in her brain, and she felt a crackle of relief. Her familiar sense of cognitive control flickered like the moon behind clouds. She was in a moment of faint reprieve from the wayward frustration and dejection which had possessed her.
In less artful words: Edgar felt calmer. She was able to view her emotions with some impartiality, at least.

Hm, she thought. That was fairly unhelpful.

Edgar looked at her roommate. The young woman unpacked her items. This activity reminded Edgar of priority, which was amid the debris of her internal tantrum. She bent her head to chew on the collar of her shirt as she scavenged and arranged her relavent tasks. Among these was the discernment of her emotions and basic comprehension of the odd, alleviatory quality of her curt roommate, but that of greatest urgency was the returning to the Professor.
Dissonance remained Edgar's stomach, and she presumed that neglect of emotional issues would be, like procrastination of assignments and studies, self-destructive, but ignorance of the final pieces of information from Prescott was more immediate.

Edgar began to move, wobbled, recovered, and proceeded toward the door.

"Oh," Tsukiko stammered. "I...I'm from Johto, Ecruteak City in particular; so that explains the honorifics and my heavy accent."
Mamoru remained at Tsukiko's side, giving a stare at her new roommate and her Mawile.
"I...will...be majoring in Pokemon & Human relationships," she still said trying to ease up. "I wasn't expecting to come here to be honest, until I ended up with the highest score on that standardized entrance exam."
Tsukiko then notice Mamoru's dead cold stare to Renée and Minette.
"Oh forgive, Mamoru's stares and defensive movements, he's always been protective of me. Mamoru happens to mean "protector" in my language, he takes that on a bit to seriously."

~

"Your name sounds way different from Johto standards though," Jean-Paul said. "As for me, I'm from Laverre City in Kalos, never really got out far, strict parents never let me leave."
Jean-Paul went over to one of his bags and pulled out a Poke-Ball.
"I guess coming here was my escape plan after passing that test, a fresh start for me too like your sister and you Minyhuk."
He walked back over to the window he open, and open the Pokeball's release function. Releasing a Honchcrow, spreading out his wings to reveal one of them bandaged.

"My roommate just ditched me," Byulyi grumbled to her newly-released partner Pokemon, Yoobin, the oddly colored Zoroark simply giving her a curious look. The silver-haired female let out a sigh, running a hand through her darker roots. "Fantastic. Just great."

She glanced towards the door, before turning back to her desk. Without a second thought, she begrudgingly pulled out her phone to complain to her twin brother.

[3:38 pm] so i'm pretty sure my roommate hates me and i've known her for maybe two minutes?

~

"I'm pretty sure our parents weren't from Johto," Minhyuk shrugged, "to be honest, we don't even know where they are nowadays. Maybe they went back home or something." Upon seeing Jean-Paul's Honchkrow, he decided to let out his own partner, his Absol named Changbin. The shiny Pokémon eyed the other Dark type and its trainer with something akin to curiosity.

Minhyuk felt his pocket buzzing, and reached for his phone only to notice his sister's text. He rolled his eyes on instinct, shooting her a brief reply before putting the device away. "Well, it appears you and I aren't so different after all, at least. I was afraid we wouldn't have any common ground," he mused out loud towards his roommate.

[3:39 pm] Already? Barely four hours in Sinnoh and you're already breaking records, I'm impressed.

Last edited:
While Renée remained oblivious to Mamoru’s defensive demeanor, Minette was quick to notice and took her own subtle defensive stance in an attempt to prepare for a possible battle, but also not escalate things. Renée, meanwhile, was happy to hear that she was not the only one not expecting to get in, and was impressed that Tsukiko got the highest score on the exam. “I know the feeling, I wasn’t really sure if I’d get in either, and nobody else really thought I would either, but I mean I still had to try, and I think it worked out well enough, I mean I got accepted and my scores were pretty good, but congrats on getting the highest score!“ Renée happily rambled.

After Tsukiko apologized for Mamoru's defensive behavior, Renée noticed Minette’s similar behavior, though it seemed to soften after Tsukiko’s explanation. Renée waved it off, “No problem, I think it’s nice to see Pokémon so protective of their friends.” Minette gave a polite wave in an attempt to ease the tension with Mamoru. Renée then remembered that Professor Prescott wanted them to come back to the waiting room after they got settled in, but she was not sure how soon after, and was somewhat worried that she might have slept through that part too. “Also, random question, when do you think we should go downstairs so that the Professor could finish up those last things she wanted to?”

OOC: @Warrior of Fire I'm truly sorry for such a late reply. While I could spend all day making excuses about school and failed email notifications and the fact that I even liked the message at some point(?), I'd rather let it be water under the Nugget Bridge and continue on.

The quick, yet sharp sound that escaped from Jericho's mouth after being suddenly tapped can only be described by the most adept linguistic scholars as a type of "yelp", similar to the sound of a Rockruff that had its tail stepped on.
Quickly regaining his composure, the Alolan teen turned around to meet the gaze of what must've been a Mudsdale in a human suit greeting him. Unsure of what was happening here, Jericho sheepishly waved back before replying "I'm sorry, but I don't think you have the right room..."

OOC: Hope you don't mind the misspelling of Jericho's last name. I find that's the best way to convey mispronouncing something in text.

Michael raised an eyebrow, slightly confused. "I'm pretty sure this is the right room. I even double checked it with my girlfriend to make sure we both got our rooms correct. The paper had me here, and that my roommate's name was Jericho Solmis..."

Jericho winced for a second at the blatant mispronunciation of his name. After all, it was said to be based on the legendary Light-Eater of Alola herself (and not that oversized light-giving kitten). He tried to ignore that transgression for a bit as he pondered whether the guy was being honest. I mean, it isn't totally out of the question that the school could have already changed up rooms. But that would mean people dropped out within an hour of being here!

Jericho gulped at the thought of leaving as soon as one got here and stood up, presenting his hand to the young man. "Well, I guess you might as well be telling the truth. My name is Jericho Selenius from the Alola Region. What's your name, cousin?"

Edgar sniffled. The relative stillness of the hallway beyond the rooms facilitated her awareness of her chronically clogged nostrils which quickly rejuvenated their magnitude of snottiness. The recession of her allergies was a rare phenonomenon that spoiled her habituation; the ephemeral duration of her physical relief annoyed her, but I've lived with this for enough of my life, she thought. I can tolerate. As she progressed through the narrow pathway her focus slowly began to ignore the nasal discomfort, and she resumed her habit of oral respiration. The soft noise of her shoes upon the floor and her regular hearty breath were mildly pleasant.

A song had snuck under her conciousness and lept onto her heart when she approached a room whose door was ajar. Her footsteps and her resipiration ceased. There were multiple metres between Edgar and the door, but the lovely sounds struck Edgar as if a Persian had been swimming in her shadow until it launched up at her chest. She was not afraid of music, but gosh! the beauty terrified her virgin ears.

Edgar had no coherent thoughts of reaction, but she immediately became resolute: one emotional riot was sufficient for one day. She hurried, allowed her eyes to disobey her intentions as she passed the room, regretted her glimpse at the singer, and continued her trip to the main room of the building. She felt tired, finally.

Back
Top Bottom