• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Rustboro Riddle--SOLVED!

Ah, so Meowth's work was not completely lost... Or at least, there are alternatives...

I was looking for what the secret word was. It's kinda like Animal Crossing's password I guess.

I didn't think that anyone was ever going to figure out the code.

Archaic said:
Interesting. A pity this probably won't work with the Japanese version I have.
Don't worry, we're working on support for the Japanese version.

Edit: (Reply for the post under mine) Yeah, Nintendo of America removed some of the symbols the Japanese version has.

Filb said:
Don't worry, we're working on support for the Japanese version.

Edit: (Reply for the post under mine) Yeah, Nintendo of America removed some of the symbols the Japanese version has.

Why would they do that anyway? Like the contest wallpaper...

In the Japanese version there are some icons like a Bolt and a Plusle sign and I think one more. They all have been removed from the English version.

Nintendo of America sucks...

Edit: Here are example pics of those icons:
preview.php
preview.php
preview.php

Last edited:
They would, it just doesn't seem to be overtly religious, which is usually where NOA tends to hesitate.

Could they have been replaced with as-yet unfound ones for use in the NYC Pokemon Center or something?

That seems pretty logical to me, a lot more so than simply removing them for some random reason.

I'd hardly think it had anything to do with churches... considering they all think Pokemon is the spawn of satan anyways.

Ah, by the way -- support for the Japanese version of Pokémon Emerald was recently added.

I wonder if there are multiple solutions. We could have non-nonsensical words...

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom