• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The secret of the starters and Rockruff?

If anything it will probably show up in some trailer right before or right after the game. They usually keep things like this secret until the last minute or until the game is out.

Especially if the secret really does have to do with like the final stages.

yeah but i wonder if data mining will tell us. this is why i wanted them to talk about the starters in the last trailer...i would rather find out through that than data mining. o well :)

There is a theory based in alchemy:

Rockruff, Popplio, Rowlet and Litten represent some alchemy symbols, base of alchemy, then this symbol where they are used, a circle with a triangle and an square, symbol of the philosopher's stone... something related to god, who's pokemon's god? Arceus, but there is something similar to Arceus in 7th Gen?
Type: Null and Silvally (and RKS [Ar-Ce-Us] System ability)

So.... Type: Null was created with pokemons: Litten, Rowlet, Popplio and Rockruff.

It is a theory but it is very solid.

Attachments

• 1469309562272.png
    1469309562272.png
    480.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 220px-Squaredcircle.svg.png
    220px-Squaredcircle.svg.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 34
I can see the resemblance to the symbols, but I think the theory's a huge stretch.

We've always known Type: Null is based on Pokemon-"The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon," (Pokémon), and it doesn't make any sense to talk about one Pokemon's fact as another Pokemon's secret. And furthermore, that secret barely relates to those Pokemon at all-one Pokemon being used in one instance isn't a secret relating to the whole species.

And on top of that, Type: Null doesn't really look like any of these Pokemon. The closest it gets in resemblance is the fact that it's a quadruped and the fin on its tail. (which is still much more like a fish's than Popplio's) There's not really any trace of Litten or Rowlet in it at all.

The alchemy symbol for lead looks nothing like the one in that post. It looks more like the Arabic numeral 4.

The alchemy symbol for lead looks nothing like the one in that post. It looks more like the Arabic numeral 4.

On top of that, you have to bend Rockruff into a really awkward position - one in which it has never been depicted in any official channels - in order to make it match up with the "symbol" to begin with.

It's highly entertaining to look back on all these theories, isn't it? Like this one:
As I said in the other thread this is the actual translation about Rockruff

> "Rockruff hides a secret in its small body!! In fact your starter Pokemon hide a secret as well .

If that is the actual translation, a big misstep was assuming that Rockruff and the Alolan starters were hiding the same secret. In actual gameplay, Rockruff's only secret was its evolutionary method/form being game-dependent, and the starters' only secret was ... probably their exclusive Z-moves.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom