• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Secret Santa Tournament

Heh, is it just me, or does that team matchup look strangely familiar? :D

...In any case, it seems me and Glory shall do battle in the finals... Good luck in advance, mate.

@Slife

Heh, is it just me, or does that team matchup look strangely familiar? :D

...In any case, it seems me and Glory shall do battle in the finals... Good luck in advance, mate.

@Slife

Part of me wants to say good luck back, but after our last battle part of me also wants to say that I hope you get Swalot this time :p

And then there were two!

The final match pits @Etrian Oddity vs. @-Glory Blaze-

Now, here's the thing. We have four teams that have survived in the secret santa team pool (i.e. only lost once or less) but only two finalists. Do you two want to have a Best-of-3 final where you both get one of the four randomized teams each battle (and then eliminate the team that loses each battle), or just have one battle and randomize those four teams between the two of you?

I was under the impression that we'd do Bo1 (with random teams) and then do another Bo1 if and only if I win. Y'know, standard Double Elim Grand Finals stuff

I was under the impression that we'd do Bo1 (with random teams) and then do another Bo1 if and only if I win. Y'know, standard Double Elim Grand Finals stuff
Yeah, I'll go with that. I just wasn't sure what to do with the extra teams, but I'll just give them all prizes.

Alright then, new teams will be distributed shortly!

Any updates since it been over a week?
We're working on it. We're both pretty busy dudes :]

EDIT: Lost to Etrian Oddity, I risked everything on a speed tie very early and it didn't pay off lol

Last edited:
What a great battle to end the tournament with! Well played both of you!

With that, after four months we have our winner of the Secret Santa Tournament @Etrian Oddity! I'd like to thank everyone who participated and sent in teams. I've updated the OP with the first, second, and third place finishes for both players and teams. To restate from the OP, everyone who participated will be getting a participation prize. Those who finished within the top three, and/or have a team that finished in the top three, get to choose a prize(s) from the prize pool in order of preference based on your ranking, with higher ranking getting higher priority finishes. I've also put up all the teams that were submitted in case anyone would like to see those as well.

I hope to see you all for my next tournament!

To restate from the OP, everyone who participated will be getting a participation prize. Those who finished within the top three, and/or have a team that finished in the top three, get to choose a prize(s) from the prize pool in order of preference based on your ranking, with higher ranking getting higher priority finishes. I've also put up all the teams that were submitted in case anyone would like to see those as well.

I hope to see you all for my next tournament!
So, wait, how exactly does the prize-picking work? Does, say, the first place player (i.e. me) pick first, then the player with the first place team, then the second place player, then the second place team, and so on? Or is it something else entirely?

But that's not important right now as far as I'm concerned. For my prize, I shall pick... The Deerling. Because, as much as I like some other options on that list *coughEeveecough* I think that's the best bargin in terms of the moves/Ability it has. That and I really like the design of Deerling and Sawsbuck in general. Though I would like to point out that the Sneasel is listed as having its bad IV in Attack with a Jolly nature. Just sayin'.

Also, is it just me, or is there little too much in the prize pool? I feel spoiled for choice, which is probably something to make note of for future tourneys.

Eh, either way, I shall indeed participate in your future tournies. See you then. :D

Last edited:
It was a fun tournament! :D It's a shame that two people kind of vanished.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom