• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Secret Santa Tournament

Reaction score
As is Bulbagarden tradition, the holiday season calls for an assortment of festive competitions, and this year the Battle Center is no exception!

This will be an otherwise standard tournament but with a special holiday twist! Instead of using your own teams, each participant will submit a team that they create; after which submitted teams will be randomly distributed to each player (similar to a “Secret Santa” gift exchange, except the presents will be the team you make for someone else).

Rules and details for this tournament are as follows:
  • Foremost, all standard Bulbagarden and Battle Center rules apply. Remember to exercise good sportsmanship and fair play at all times.
  • Although I would have liked to hold these battles over the 3DS Wifi, the nature of this tournament would make the process too complicated in terms of obtaining/distributing/keeping track of teams in-game. Therefore, all battles will take place on Pokémon Showdown to facilitate easy access to your new teams. Once you have completed your battle, post the results along with the Showdown replay.
  • Each player will make a team on Pokémon Showdown and PM me their team in standard Showdown format (simply copy-paste your team sets/details from the Import/Export function in the Teambuilder). Any additional notes you may have about your team for other players (such as reasons for certain EV spreads, etc.) can be added along with your submission.
  • While creativity and originality are highly encouraged when making your teams, please try to keep the teams at least reasonably competitive (i.e. no Life Orb Bidoof, Splash Magikarp… you get the idea). It’s unlikely, but if I notice a problem(s) with the team you submitted, I will have to ask you to resubmit another team before the tournament begins.
  • At the beginning of each round, I will randomly give each player a new team from the teams that were submitted via PM/Conversations. This will occur each round, so if you end up with a team you weren’t satisfied with the previous round, don’t worry! You will get the chance to try out a new team each round (there’s a chance you might even end up with the team you submitted!)
  • All teams and those who submitted them will be revealed at the end of the tournament, but not before then.
  • There will be two winners for this tournament. The winner of the final battle itself, and the team that the winner uses to win the tournament. So even if you are knocked out of the tournament, you still have a chance to win if the team you submitted ends up winning!
  • The tournament will begin once 8 players sign up
Participants:
  1. jackatlasred
  2. BadAssGardevoir
  3. Kirby4ever
  4. The Slugtopus
  5. UnseeingRaccoon
  6. NeoSquid
  7. -Glory Blaze-
  8. Apawn: p

Format:
  • Double Elimination
  • Only Pokemon from OU or below will be allowed (i.e. no Ubers or Mega Shenron Rayquaza)
  • Standard OU rules will apply (see spoiler for specific details)
Species Clause:

A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.

Sleep Clause:

If a player has already put a Pokemon on his/her opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.

Evasion Clause:

A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.

OHKO Clause:

A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Endless Battle Clause:

Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle.

Baton Pass Clause:

Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass. Furthermore, a Pokémon cannot have Baton Pass while also a move that boosts Speed and a move that boosts another stat.

Swagger Clause:

Players cannot use the move Swagger.

Banned Items:
Banned Abilities:

Additional Notes:

While not required, I encourage everyone to make their teams interesting and possibly unconventional in some way. Strive to make a team that someone can have fun using, which will in turn make the tournament enjoyable for all.

In general, please be honest and use the team you are assigned. Although I cannot completely monitor or enforce all team usage, I will be looking to make sure you are using the right team. Anyone found to be violating any rules will be disqualified.

Prizes:

Of course, what holiday tournament would be complete without holiday-themed prizes?

First place gets first pick, second place gets second pick, and third place gets third pick.

Pokemon: Treecko Because Mega-Sceptile is an awesome mega that reminds me of a Christmas tree
Nature: Timid
Ability: Unburden
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Egg Moves: N/A
CHOSEN BY KIRBY4EVER

Pokemon: Eevee (for Glaceon) in a Dream Ball
Nature: Modest
Ability: Anticipation
Egg Moves: Stored Power, Wish, Yawn, Synchronoise
CHOSEN BY KIRBY4EVER

Pokemon: Vanillite in a Dream Ball
Ability: Weak Armor
Egg Moves: Water Pulse, Ice Shard, Magnet Rise, Natural Gift

Pokemon: Deerling (Winter Forme) in a Dive Ball
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Chlorophyll
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Egg Moves: Synthesis, Natural Gift, Baton Pass, Agility
CHOSEN BY ETRIAN ODDITY

Pokemon: Bergmite in a Dive Ball
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
Egg Moves: Recover

Pokemon: Sneasel in a Poke Ball
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pressure
Egg Moves: N/A

Pokemon: Amaura in a Poke Ball
Ability:

Refrigerate
Egg Moves: Barrier, Discharge, Haze, Magnet Rise

Pokemon: Cubchoo in an Ultra Ball
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Snow Cloak
Egg Moves: Night Slash, Play Rough
CHOSEN BY APAWN

Everyone deserves a present for the holidays, so no one will be leaving empty-handed! Thus,
all participants who sign up and compete will receive a Dream Ball Delibird*, regardless of final standing.

*Special thanks to @White Crow; for giving me the Dream Ball to breed

All prize Pokemon have been personally bred by me, so they can be nicknamed if desired.

Anyone is welcome to join! Good luck to all, and happy holidays!

Round 1
Neosquid vs Kirby4Ever
jackatlasred
vs. UnseeingRaccoon
Etrian Oddity vs. Apawn: p
The Slugtopus vs.
-Glory Blaze-

Round 2
Kirby4Ever vs. jackatlasred
Etrian Oddity vs. -Glory Blaze-
Neosquid vs. UnseeingRaccoon
Apawn: p vs. The Slugtopus

Round 3
Kirby4Ever vs.
]Etrian Oddity
-Glory Blaze- vs. Neosquid
jackatlasred vs.
Apawn
-Glory Blaze- vs. Apawn

Round 4
-Glory Blaze- vs Kirby4Ever

Finals
Etrian Oddity vs. -Glory Blaze-

WINNER: ETRIAN ODDITY
Rankings:

Players:
Teams​
  1. @Apawn:p 's team
  2. @-Glory Blaze- 's team and @Kirby4ever's team
  3. @Etrian Oddity 's team
Teams:
Dunsparce @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Bite
- Pain Split

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Bisharp @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Psycho Cut

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Saitama (Conkeldurr) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

101 HP Subs to set up on Chansey, Knock Off for ghosts, Focus Punch everything else

Tatsumaki (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Standard spread, avoid 2hko from latios psyshock. Takes on stuff that conk does not want to. Will-O for Scizor.

Lightspeed Flash (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Standard. Get Gard or Conk in safely.

Genos (Bisharp) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Standard. Backup Lati check.

Metal Knight (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Spikes
- Iron Head

Standard. For Diancie, for the most part. Also beats Exca, backup Bisharp check.

Puri-Puri Prisoner (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Standard. Beats Bisharp and Talon.

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Snarl

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Lapras (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Roar
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Energy Ball

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 124 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Earth Power

Before I begin describing what this team does, I would like to state that this team is based on various classes from the Etrian Odyssey series, so, when I go over the 'mons below I shall also state what abilities of each of said classes transfer into what moves. Not that you care that much. You can skip that part if you don't give a s*** anyway. Now, with that out of the way, I shall begin:

The Medic (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled

If you've ever seen a Chansey before, then you know what to expect from this set. Basically, tank Special hits, inflict Toxic on your opponents, maybe heal your teammates every now and that and try not to die. The only thing that needs explaining here is why I decided to not include Heal Bell. You see, as much as I wanted to do so, I would either have to get rid of Toxic (and if I did that it just wouldn't be a Chansey set) or either Wish or Softboiled (and I feel that restoring an ally's HP will, in most cases, be more useful then restoring status).

As for what this has to do with EO's Medic, Seismic Toss seems close enough to Clear Strike (which deals damage depending on the user's TEC stat), Toxic because some Poison-inflicting skill whose name I can't remember, and the healing moves because it's a f***ing Medic, do I really need to explain that?

The Arcanist (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost

Ah yes, the classic Skarmory/Chansey combo. I don't really feel like I have to explain much here, but I willl anyway: Stealth Rock for Stealth Rock, Defog for hazzard removal, Roost for HP and Whirlwind for... what was it called again? Phasing? Something like that. Oh, and the lack of Brave Bird is because I feel that Skarmory sets aren't complete without Whirlwind, SR and Roost, and this team has no hazzard control otherwise.

Anyway, as for what this has to do with the Arcanists, I've taken inspiration from their various Circle-related abilities, which they use to inflict status conditions on enemies and can last for up to five turns. Unfortunately, Skarmory can't learn Toxic Spikes, so Stealth Rock will have to do. As for the other moves, Defog acts like both the 'Dismiss' part of their various Dismiss skills (which they use to dismiss their circles to either heal the party or damage the enemy) and Tame Ground (which reduced damage caused from damaging floor tiles), Roost is the 'Heal' part of Dismiss Heal, the Lefties is similar to both Circle Boon (which restores HP when a Circle is active) and Bracing Walk (which restores HP for each step taken outside of battle). Oh, and Whirlwind is just there because this is a Skarmory set.

The Highlander (Talonflame) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Considering this an OU team, it hardly surprising that a Talonflame is on it. #PlzNerfNintendo
As for the moves, Brave Bird and Flare Blitz for STAB, Swords Dance for MORE POWER and Roost for some recovery. Pretty self-explanitory really.

Firstly, no, this class doesn't have anything to do with a certain 80s movie with the same name. Secondly, the main idea behind a Highlander is doing as much damage to the enemy as possible... However, most of the skills this class learns also do damage to the user. A pretty good fir for a Talonflame don't you think? As for Swords Dance, I chose that move for its similarity to Limitless, a skill that... Does something to power up your next attack, I'm not sure on the details. Something about removing weapon limitations... That's besides the point. Anyway, Roost is there since the this kind of set needs a healing move. Plain and simple. Although you could say it's there because Highlanders pretty much require a healer of some kind to function, but that's besides the point.

The Landskncht (Azumarill) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Another fairly standard set. Aqua Tail and Play Rough for STAB, Knock Off for utility (and coverage I guess) and Aqua jet for priority. Fairly standard stuff. Moving on.

...But not before I explain the ideas behind it in great detail. Well, maybe not that much detail since I just picked a good Physical attacker to fit the role of EO's main melée class. The only comparison I can really draw there is Aqua Jst and Vanguard (a skill increases physical damage and speed while decreasing defense), but even that's a streatch. Eh, at least it's a good 'mon.

The Runemaster (Zapdos) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Ah, finally a 'mon that is somewhat uncommon in OU. This particular Zapdos set is a fairly standard Scarfed sweeper. T-Bolt for STAB, Heat Wave for coverage, HP Ice for the ever-so-popular BoltBeam combo and Volt Switch in case you don't like the matchup it finds itself in. I would've used a Life Orb on this thing, but I think this is better.

As for how this relates to the Runemaster, it's pretty simple really - the Runemaster is, as you can probably guess, is an offensive magic user. Specifivly, the Runemaster is able to use Fire, Ice and Volt magic, so that's the type of moves I gave this set. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Yggdrasil (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

And finally, here's the 'mon that'll (hopefully) stall out Physical 'mons that Chansey can't deal with. As for the moves, Giga Drain for damage, Sleep Powder for Sleep Powder, Synthesis for recovery and Leech Seed for constant damage. Pretty simple really. Only thing is this guy can't handle Grass- and Psychic-types, you should probably finish them off before sending this thing out.

Now, as you've probably guessed, this 'mon isn't based off a character class - its origin is Yggdrasil, a key landmark in the Etrian Odyssey series (and Norse mythology I guess) that takes the shape of a giant tree. Oh how I wanted to use Trevanant for this one... But I digress. The moves aren't really based off anything, I just wanted to use a 'mon based on it since the max party size in EO is five, so it seemed wierd to have a sixth 'mon based on a class on an EO themed team. That's pretty mcuh it.

Anyway, good luck to whoever receives this team and I hope you like using it. Oh, and there's a team list without the text in the way enclosed in the spoiler below for easy copy-pasting.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 20 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost
- Super Fang

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 150 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 190 Def
Serious Nature
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Spectre (Roserade) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic Spikes

Clandestine (Serperior) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Wring Out

Banshee (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak

Wight (Starmie) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Oppression (Entei) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Siren (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 64 Def / 188 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Jellicent @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Hex
- Trick Room

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 Def
Brave Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Avalanche
- Toxic

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Energy Ball
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Substitute

Froslass (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Cloak
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Destiny Bond
- Hail
- Shadow Ball

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Adamant Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws
- Dragon Claw

4 out of 6 need the trickroom up. Jellicent must be protected. Kyurem and Jelli are there to handle the fire types that want to take crap on this team and froslass and Jelli can deal with anything that wants to just punch blindly. Other than that it's pretty self explanitory. Get hail, Blizzard. Get hail, stall with avalugg. either works.

Feraligatr (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Noivern (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo

Torkoal (F) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Swalot (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Infestation
- Protect
- Gunk Shot
- Yawn

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 60 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Serperior (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt
- Dragon Pulse

Last edited:
Firstly, I love the idea behind this tourney. Good job, Slife.
Secondly, if you couldn't tell by the above line, I would like to sign up. I shall start building my team right away. :D

I'll join, but to have it clear, I make the team and then send it to you?

That is correct.

Firstly, I love the idea behind this tourney. Good job, Slife.
Secondly, if you couldn't tell by the above line, I would like to sign up. I shall start building my team right away. :D

Glad to have you aboard BAG! I look forward to seeing the team you come up with.

This looks like that it's going to be fun and interesting! :) Even though my Driftblum is out, but I can choose other Pokemon. Is this a single battle or a double battle?

This looks like that it's going to be fun and interesting! :) Even though my Driftblum is out, but I can choose other Pokemon. Is this a single battle or a double battle?

All battles will be single battles. If this tournament is successful I may make a doubles one next year, who knows ;)

Its been awhile since I was on the forums for anything but to lurk. I guess sign me up.

By the way, @Slife, what happens if less then eight people sign up? Will there be some kind of deadline after which this thing'll start anyway or something? Just wondering.
And no, I'm not just impatiant for this thing to start by the way, why would you think that?

I hope more people do join, this seems quite fun. It would test not only your ability to create a solid team, but also your ability to adapt to unexpected situations.

@BadAssGardevoir It's something I'd like to avoid, but if it comes to that I may have to unfortunately postpone or cancel the tournament. Although, it may still be able to work with 6 players. I'll keep the signups open for a few more weeks and make the decision accordingly.

My apologies to everyone for the delay. I will do all that I can to make this tournament run successfully. Keep checking back for any updates and additional information! Thank you.

Firstly, I'm going to bump this thread in the hopes that it attracts more people. :p
Secondly, the user formerly known as BadAssGardevoir is now the user you see posting this message. That is all.

I thought I would be away on vacation during htis but it hasn't started yet and I'm back so I'll join, sure.

EDIT: Minor suggestion since I just now saw the "there will be 2 winners" part. I would recommend that every time somebody loses, the team they were using is removed from the drawing pool. This will make it so that the "winning teambuilder" has a team that goes 4-1 at the worst, implying consistency. It also means that the teambuilding winner can potentially be any of the 8 participants rather than just 2 randomly selected ones. Finally, it means that if for some reason (lack of proper playtesting, excessively linked to the creator's personal playstyle, whatever) there is a team that is clearly subpar, it will be eliminated before the finals so that the grand finale doesn't wind up being a total blowout because somebody gets a very solid team and somebody else gets the gimmick

Last edited:
I thought I would be away on vacation during htis but it hasn't started yet and I'm back so I'll join, sure.

EDIT: Minor suggestion since I just now saw the "there will be 2 winners" part. I would recommend that every time somebody loses, the team they were using is removed from the drawing pool. This will make it so that the "winning teambuilder" has a team that goes 4-1 at the worst, implying consistency. It also means that the teambuilding winner can potentially be any of the 8 participants rather than just 2 randomly selected ones. Finally, it means that if for some reason (lack of proper playtesting, excessively linked to the creator's personal playstyle, whatever) there is a team that is clearly subpar, it will be eliminated before the finals so that the grand finale doesn't wind up being a total blowout because somebody gets a very solid team and somebody else gets the gimmick

Hm good point. The only thing is, since it'll be double elimination, removing a team after its first loss would mean two or more people could end up with the same team during a round. I'll try to see how I can make it work. Thanks for your input, and for signing up!

Hm good point. The only thing is, since it'll be double elimination, removing a team after its first loss would mean two or more people could end up with the same team during a round. I'll try to see how I can make it work. Thanks for your input, and for signing up!
Oh no I meant removing a team once it loses twice, so when any given person is eliminated, the team they were using is eliminated as well

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom