• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Another time, I was migrating some pokemon to my heartgold. I chose this NON-shiny electrike and when I caught it, IT BECAME SHINY!!! So happy!

Er, non shiny Pokemon dont become shiny from the transfering process, once you encounter a Pokemon in the wild and such and catch it, shinyness or non shinyness is set permenently. Ive never heard of your circumstance happening before tbh.

Somebody1000: Hidden Power is the only move Unown can use, actually. I know, it stinks. xP

Just caught a shiny floatzel in platinum about 40 minutes ago. I was so happy i didn't say a word and probably wont until tomorrow...when i will explode with joy. First thing i did was came here. I love this thread, even more so now.

I was trying to get a Machop with good IV's, and on my first egg, I got a puke green shiny Machop. He has since been lost on my Platinum cartridge.

I personally think that they've made the chance of encountering a Shiny easier in BW... Lol.
I encountered a shiny Amoongus, Golduck & Lunatone all in one week once! But I guess I was just thinking about a shiny randomly appearing a lot so my mind got what it wanted! But hey, that's the power of the secret working there!

ok my friend got a shiny rattata recently and he was so dissapointed, he texted me say "I got the lamest shiny ever" I was like what? shouldn't it not even matter I mean heck it is shiny after all what do you guys think?

ok my friend got a shiny rattata recently and he was so dissapointed, he texted me say "I got the lamest shiny ever" I was like what? shouldn't it not even matter I mean heck it is shiny after all what do you guys think?

Well Rattata/Raticate's stats aren't anything special at all really aha, so I guess that's why, and let's face it; it's not the prettiest of Pokémon :p

I agree with shiny celebi it shouldn't matter who it is just the fact that the odds for you worked out and you actually were able to find one is amazing! Currently I have a shiny tentacruel, hariyama, and golbat all random encounters, what do you guys have?

Yes, it's true a shiny is a shiny, it doesn't change any stats of the Pokémon at all which is my point, I don't see anything specifically special about it lol, but, it is fun to have Shinys just for the sake of having the same Pokémon as someone else but in a different colour, lol.

I agree with Shiny Celebi too, but I'd still rather have, say, a shiny Buneary/Lopunny than a shiny Rattata/Raticate. xP

I was breeding random Pokémon for some friends of mine, and lo and behold, I bred a shiny Buneary... Which sucks, because I didn't really have a need for it. But it was on my birthday, so that's one special Buneary. <3

My first shiney ever was a hoothoot in heartgold :D

But since then i got a shiny tutwig through a random egg :D I wasnt even trying, i just wanted a turtwig cos my mate lent me his Torterra for a while. I had to pay him for it because he wanted the shiny turtwig instread of his torterra back -.-

It's been a while since I had internet access, but now that I'm back I thought I'd share my 3 new Shinies with everyone. All three are in my signature now.

Roselia - He was Pokeradared as a Roselia on Route 212, November 20.

Kricketune - He was Pokeradared as a Kricketune on Route 212, November 20. It was a while ago, so I don't remember entirely, but one of these three was the 3rd in the chain, I'm pretty sure it was Kricketune. I could be wrong though.

Raichu - Unlike my Shiny Pichu and Pikachu, who were caught on Diamond, the Raichu is on Platinum. Also unlike them, he was caught as a Pikachu rather than a Pichu. He was Pokeradared in Trophy Garden, November 22.

I got my first shiny, ever, in Pokemon Silver. MY STARTER. No resets or anything, my Totodile just came out shiny. Talk about luck.

Not a recent encounter, but whatever:

I recently got a DSi, and I was checking my very old Platinum save file for anything cool it might have before restarting. I scrolled throught the boxes and noticed a shiny Shellos! It's been almost a year since I last played Platinum, so I had completely forgotten about it, and have no idea how long it has been there. I'm so happy, I thought I had six shinies, but it turns out I have seven :)

It's been a while since I had internet access, but now that I'm back I thought I'd share my 3 new Shinies with everyone. All three are in my signature now.

Roselia - He was Pokeradared as a Roselia on Route 212, November 20.

Kricketune - He was Pokeradared as a Kricketune on Route 212, November 20. It was a while ago, so I don't remember entirely, but one of these three was the 3rd in the chain, I'm pretty sure it was Kricketune. I could be wrong though.

Raichu - Unlike my Shiny Pichu and Pikachu, who were caught on Diamond, the Raichu is on Platinum. Also unlike them, he was caught as a Pikachu rather than a Pichu. He was Pokeradared in Trophy Garden, November 22.

Wow, I wish I could have luck like that with the Pokeradar. But the stupid thing hates me. My chains always break really early.

Way back in generation II, I had pretty decent shiny luck. But ever since then, I have never found a single one.

Until a few months ago, when I finally found a shiny Zubat in Union Cave!!! :D I have since trained him and he is now a pink Crobat. And last night, I was training my Suicune on Victory road, and I found a shiny Golbat, a female this time!! I am SO excited!!! I think they will be an adorable pair.

Back
Top Bottom