• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

When I was having fun breeding Pokemon, I got a shiny Charmander on my 6th egg. I was pleasantly surprised! I wasn't even really trying. :p

I thought the pokerader for getting shinies would be really easy for some reason XD

so much dissapoint lol
I did too, until I started chaining. Then I discovered that it was full of "FUUUUUUU~!!" moments. One of my favorites: the patches of grass stay completely still, for no reason at all. There goes that chain. I've had that happen at least twice in the Trophey Garden. I swear, I will never ever get a shiny Eevee via chaining. :banghead:

However, once you get a good chain going, it's great. I've gotten five shiny Pokemon--two Skitties, two Voltorbs (insert "blue balls" joke here) and an Elekid, now an Electivire--with chaining. It just takes a lot of patience and effort. But in the end, it's worth it.

I thought the pokerader for getting shinies would be really easy for some reason XD

so much dissapoint lol
I did too, until I started chaining. Then I discovered that it was full of "FUUUUUUU~!!" moments. One of my favorites: the patches of grass stay completely still, for no reason at all. There goes that chain. I've had that happen at least twice in the Trophey Garden. I swear, I will never ever get a shiny Eevee via chaining. :banghead:

However, once you get a good chain going, it's great. I've gotten five shiny Pokemon--two Skitties, two Voltorbs (insert "blue balls" joke here) and an Elekid, now an Electivire--with chaining. It just takes a lot of patience and effort. But in the end, it's worth it.

I've had my chains broken a number of ways but never just because the grass was quiet, well at least not that i can remember...

I've had my chains broken a number of ways but never just because the grass was quiet, well at least not that i can remember...
It's happened to me and both were in the Trophy Garden. Heard the chime for the Radar and nothing happened, then a message that said "The patches of grass remained quiet" popped up. It's only happened twice and I have no explanation for it but it keeps me from ever trying to chain in that Garden again. It sucks, as I'd love to get a shiny Eevee but it doesn't want to happen in there.

I think maybe I'll MM for a shiny Eevee. :stares at her sig: Um, never mind. :sweat:

It is definately unfortunate that its happened and twice no less that is quite rough, i never tried to chain the random pokemon in the garden i ended up having to rng my 7 eevee

I'm walking around the dragon tower Ev training a victini and suddenly BLAM!W
SHINY GOLETT WITH NATURE I WANT!

I am now EV training it

I love my black. <3 Last shinies I got were a stunfisk, ralts (male & adamant), and a woobat. Stunfisk & woobat were random encounters when I was ev training. And Ralts was a MM. Otherwise once I beat my Plat again I'm hoping to chain a buneary. ^^

In soulsilver before the daycare center I found a shiny hypno. I didn't know much about pokemon and I ran worst mistake ever. then in heartgold i found a shiny charmander at oaks and got it now its a shiny charzard.

That's the luckiest thing ever.... I wish my black Charizard was captured that way.

I currently have a Shiny Lampent (caught it as a Litwick) on Black and a Shiny Illumise on White. ^_^

My most recent Shiny Pokémon is a Purrloin in the Dreamyard : I was looking for an Adamant Synchronize Munna and this shiny furball appeared instead. I can tell you I was surprised, since it has been 7 years since I caught a legitimate shiny !

I just recently hatched a Shiny Eevee. It was all great, though I can't use it for competitive battling due to its nature being Hardy. And that would be my second Shiny. Now that I'm doing it, breeding for Shiny Pokemon isn't so boring after all.

I was playing Emerald catching Regice in its cave, but kept resetting trying to get a personality I wanted. After only like 5 resets out pops a shiny one, which I barely managed to catch before it went all struggle mode on me. It came out with hardy personality so I guess I'll call it a win. I actually encountered a wild shiny Linoone the day before too so Emerald was being pretty nice to me.

Just like an hour ago, I hatched a Shiny Beldum after only 24 eggs. It as a real shock to me, and I'm glad it hatched so quickly. I plan on giving it to Sovereign since he loves Metagross and could make use of it. :)

I have encountered 3 shinies:

-shiny Tepig (try #60 soft resetting)
-shiny Ratatta (randomly, got deleted...)
-shiny Chikorita (try #? soft resetting)

I'm walking around the dragon tower Ev training a victini and suddenly BLAM!W
SHINY GOLETT WITH NATURE I WANT!

I am now EV training it

That tears it. The little so-and-so is avoiding me for some odd reason. It seems he's either teasing me or he hates me. :bawl:

But enough of my whining, what Nature did you get? What's the little cutie's Ability? Has he evolved yet? Inquiring minds and all that. And you are soooooo lucky; I am dying of jealousy over here!

Still no luck on my hunt, but I'll redouble the efforts tonight. Wish me luck. (I don't care what it takes--I WILL have a shiny Golett of my very own!)

Back
Top Bottom