• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Hey guys, I guess lucky is on my side!
After 300+ eggs, I finally got to hatch a shiny Desumasu! And a female, just the way I wanted!

Here is a picture of my little baby:

5jRMJ.jpg

Now I want a shiny
Spr_3e_049_s.gif
:')

Just hatched my Shiny Starly. Female and Hasty nature, not bad. Hmmm...I think I'll go for Archen/Archeops next.

Well I found a shiny Patrat a while back, the colours on him were awesome. Then...... evolution...... 0_0 all i can say is gross.

Well, the other day i got a shiny ponyta in a trade from someone here on the forums, was soo excited. Now im MM'g for something, as I used pokegen to get a me a flawless ditto. I now can get shinys with good IV's :D Im thinking im gonna MM an Aron.

Goldeen, Virizion, Wingull, Watchog, Excadrill... Those are all my self-caught Shinies. Masuda Method's never worked for me.
I've caught a few wild shinies myself, but I really enjoy doing a Masuda run. After getting my shiny Golett exactly as I wanted him, I said to heck with random encounters. I'd rather breed for it. I have a bit more control over the process.

Ugh, resetting is just a pain. I'm kinda sick of staring at Kyurem, truthfully. I want to breed for a shiny Sawk, but I said I wouldn't do it until I got my shiny Kyurem. But my willpower is kinda fading here. =/

After 300+ eggs, I finally got to hatch a shiny Desumasu! And a female, just the way I wanted!

Now I want a shiny
Spr_3e_049_s.gif
Congrats! She's adorable! Did you give her a nickname? And good luck on the Mothim; I hope it goes well.

Goldeen, Virizion, Wingull, Watchog, Excadrill... Those are all my self-caught Shinies. Masuda Method's never worked for me.
I've caught a few wild shinies myself, but I really enjoy doing a Masuda run. After getting my shiny Golett exactly as I wanted him, I said to heck with random encounters. I'd rather breed for it. I have a bit more control over the process.

Ugh, resetting is just a pain. I'm kinda sick of staring at Kyurem, truthfully. I want to breed for a shiny Sawk, but I said I wouldn't do it until I got my shiny Kyurem. But my willpower is kinda fading here. =/

Now I want a shiny
Spr_3e_049_s.gif
Congrats! She's adorable! Did you give her a nickname? And good luck on the Mothim; I hope it goes well.

Don't you mean Venomoth?

I've caught at least one shiny per game I own.

A shiny Psyduck in Diamond, A shiny Swinub (now Mamoswine) in Platinum, a shiny female Nidoran in HG and a shiny Boldore (now Gigalith) in White.

I haven't got anything from the Mesuda mothed though. Man I really wanted a shiny Cranidos, maybe some day.

The only shiny I have ever encountered in 10 years worth of Pokemon gaming was a Donphan in HeartGold between Viridian and Mt. Silver. I didn't catch it...

Just caught a shiny male Parasect in the Cerulean Cave. I had entered the cave, realized a forgot someone with Flash, left, came back, and he was the first thing I encountered. <3

On my HeartGold, just want to state I have encountered a shiny Kadabra before and only had 9 pokeballs on me at the time... in which they have all failed so i have learned well from that experience.
I'm currently hunting a shiny Zapdos... so far i have a total of 1,320 soft resets(on my third day)... and I am literally hunting at this very moment. From experience, any one hunt for a Shiny Zapdos before and can give me the odds so I can well, at least feel a little better about this quest?

WOW! that's amazing! I will be on a hunt for a shiny Moltres after my current hunt is done!! You have good luck!(THIS MESSAGE IS DIRECTED TO CORPSEFLOWER ONLY!!!!)

Last edited:
I'll list out the shinies I did not trade for (that are Gen4&5):

I was in the bug-catching contest and came across a shiny Wurmple in SoulSilver. I was so excited! I caught it in one Park Ball with no damage done at all, but I didn't even manage to get 3rd place!

My cousin was getting married in New Orleans and my family and I had to drive there. On the ride there, I was playing SoulSilver and enountered a shiny Noctowl! I named him Orleans.

I don't remember which Pokemon I was EV training, but I was EV training for Special Attack in the tower in Black when I came across a shiny Litwick!! As luck would have it, she is Adamant! xD

And after soft resetting for soooooo long, I FINALLY got my shiny Virizion! <333 I love him very much! My Synchronizing Munna came in handy, too, because thankfully he's Jolly!

Turns out on the 19th at about 6:00 AM, In Twist Mountain, a Shiny Boldore looked my way. (It's my favorite shiny in Unova, what luck!)

When at the Snorlax encounter, I tried to shiny reset until I got something.

.....After about 50 times, I gave up, and settled for a female one. At least now I can try for shiny baby Snorlax, even if I don't have the Masuda method to help me.

I hatched a shiny tentacool a while ago, it's the first shiny I've ever gotten (red gyarados excluded).

My mind is still processing this turn of events

I'm so jealous of you all XD

There's only one Shiny I've ever gotten, and it was a Murkrow back in Crystal when I was looking for a Houndour in the grass between Celadon and Saffron City.

I just caught my first shiny... A Zapdos and it took me 1,8,24 soft resets to finally do it!!(5 days worth pretty much)... The funny thing about it is it appeared while I was watching pokemon while showing my friend next to me how to prove to him that the Zapdos that just appeared well it was a shiny!!!... and while actually watching the Pokemon Series online.. (Back to the Zapdos)...I threw a random pokeball at it!! and knew it would sparkle the second it broke out of that pokeball!!!.. well guess what?? I ACTUALLY ended up catching it on that VERY try!!.. lol I'm more than stunned about this whole situation.

My next shiny Pokemon to be hunted: Lugia

Back
Top Bottom