• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I've encountered quite a few, never thought I'd even encounter 1 but it happened.

At the start of one game, cant remember which one, I had a run in with a level 2, female, shiny Rattata, it's still in my PC box rotting away lol. Wish it could have been something more useful but still cool nonetheless.

Found a shiny Floatzel in Victory Road in Platinum, never used it but pretty nice.

Through breeding I've gotten more, got a shiny Axew which hatched, still to this day I've never used it since it's not the right nature but just might some day. Got a shiny Sandile through breeding that I used in my main party, still using it, love it.

My brother gave me a shiny level 16 Lotad he found on his Sapphire, it's in my main party, love Ludicolo.

That's about all I can remember for now.

Well, I got my first shiny through the Masuda Method! And the best of all - the right nature and female!
She's a shiny charmander and modest! The gender and nature completely RANDOM since the mother was the wrong nature. Took me 9 boxes to finally get it! :D
Now I just want to EV train it correctly!

Just found a shiny Liepard Wow awesome! named him after my cat Durango. Now to Ev Train him haha

Found a shiny Ekans in HG and a shiny Pawniard in Black, with a bad nature.
Ah well, they'll be nice trophies :p

Wow, I wish I was as lucky as some of the people in this thread. xD The only shiny I've ever gotten is, well... *points to username*
It was a Starly when I got it though.

In my playthrough of Platinum I was training my Prinplup. When I had finished I decided to go to Wake's gym, but forgot there was a rival battle first. I got VERY unlucky in that battle and reset the game, thinking I had saved like I normally do after I heal my pokemon. Turns out I hadn't saved, so I had to retrain my Prinplup. While I was training the 2nd time, I ran into a shiny rhyhorn :) (though it hasn't been out of the my pc yet)

I have just stumbled across a shiny Graveler on Platinum while training.... Surely enough, it exploded after the first turn...

I just caught a shiny Natu on HeartGold!!! :D I almost never find shinies, so I wasn't taking any chances. It knew teleport, so there goes my masterball.... worth it I think. :)

Tentacool: This was found some years back in Sapphire. It is on my copy of Diamond now.
Mankey: A few days ago, I was looking for a Nidoran-M on Route 3 in LeafGreen, but I happened to run into this. It became a member of my in-game team and is currently a Primeape.

Excadrill: My first non-pre shiny. I just walked into one of those dirt things in victory road on my white game hoping for a gem, but instead ended up with a pink excadrill. I am now using him for the masuda method trying to breed a shiny drilbur.
Geodude: Found him in dark cave while looking for a dunsparce. The bright gold color surprised me since it was dark and I wasn't using flash.

After paying attention to this thread for a while I decided to create an account for the sake of posting this.
I was playing my Pearl for a break from Black, and decided to see if I could catch a male nidoran in a swarm.

On the way there I had a very pleasant surprise. In my entire 11 years of playing Pokemon, I encountered and captured a level 4 Shiny Shinx, my first shiny.

After paying attention to this thread for a while I decided to create an account for the sake of posting this.
I was playing my Pearl for a break from Black, and decided to see if I could catch a male nidoran in a swarm.

On the way there I had a very pleasant surprise. In my entire 11 years of playing Pokemon, I encountered and captured a level 4 Shiny Shinx, my first shiny.

Congrats. It's a great feeling.

Today I got a shiny ditto using the aptly named "shiny ditto glitch".

I encountered a shiny Litwick last night, but was so used to selecting 'Run' in Celestial Tower that I did so without thinking. I facepalmed rather hard afterwards. :p

I would absolutely love to find a shiny Dwebble. I love the shiny version of Crustle!

I usually just Soft-Rest I've already obtained Rayquaza & Torchic. However I haven't done any in a while. I'm still trying on Groudon on Ruby, every now and then. And I've recently randomly encountered a shiny Klink, so that was a bonus.

I dont waste my time with shinies at all i ran into a shiny taillow ONCE in Emerald and killed it because i thought it was a glitch

I have a shiny Rapidash that I caught as a shiny Ponyta on my Diamond version after a short chain of seven. I also caught a shiny Onix on Heartgold, which is now a shiny Steelix. On my black game(which is now lost in my house somewhere) I'm using the Masuda method to get a shiny Swablu. I've hatched about 310 eggs, and no sparkle. I'm currently Soft Resetting to get a shiny Volcarona in Relic Castle.
~RA~​

Back
Top Bottom