• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I've run into a few. My first was a Camerupt in Platinum. Then after learning how to EV train, I've run into 11 shiny Bidoof. I mean... yay.... Bidoof. But I've gotten a few shinies in White. Timid lvl 1 Deino w/ Dark Pulse. Adamant lvl 1 Pawniard w/ Sucker Punch and a Modest Litwik. So I'm off to a good start.

I encountered a Shiny Tranquil in my Black game a couple of days ago; successfully caught it as well. :3

It's my second Shiny I encountered overall; the first was a Tangela I encountered in Heart Gold.

UPDATED: I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST EVER SHINY!!!

It's a level 33 female Audino.
Congrats! I got a Shiny Audino in White! What Route did you catch yours on?

Since I was last here, I've obtained another Shiny. I had just caught the Shiny Gyarados in Silver and I came across a Shiny Magikarp! I cloned it with a glitch, and now I'm looking for someone to trade it to for another Shiny.

I said this on another thread (I think it was first shiny), but I'll say it again

The first shiny I ever saw was in FireRed, and I beat it on accident. It was a Zubat and I found it in Mt. Moon looking for a Clefairy.

I didn't see another one until about a week ago, in Black, where I caught a shiny Joltik training for Mistralton gym in Chargestone Cave. My first caught shiny EVER!

In Pokemon Emerald version, I met two shinys, both in Victory Road, and completely random.

The first one was a shiny Golbat. The color was greenish-brown so I thought it was a really rare pokemon and caught it. (I had never known that such things as shinys existed at that time.)

...Though I did not find him useful and put him in the PC, never to be taken out again.

The second one was a shiny Hariyama. I didn't even notice the color differences, but there were stars when it appeared. So I caught it.

...he wasn't useful either (I had a full team of pokemon all around level 60) so into the PC he goes.

Not too long ago I encountered a shiny Electrike in Emerald while training my own non-shiny Electrike. I caught it and threw it into my PC like I do with every shiny I get. =P

I'm proud to have caught every Shiny I've met. :) Now, I just need to find a Shiny in Rumble and I'll be happy.

It feels horrible to kill a shiny Pokemon... Especially if you know exactly how rare they are.

In my Sapphire version I encountered two shines: A Whismer from Rusturf Tunnel and A Sandshrew in Route 113

I also encountered a shiny Alomomola yesterday while looking for a Jellicent :>

i've caught about 1 shiny each game. ruby:spoink ,diamond:psyduck, platinum:swinub(now mamoswine) ,HG: Nidorina ,white:Boldore (now Gigalith). part of my top pokemon game goals are to find a shiney legendary and a shiney slugma.

I encountered a shiny Golbat, while I was level grinding, at Victory Road. However, I accidentally selected "Run Away", when I really wanted to catch it.

I'll never forget my first random encounter shiny. I had just gotten hold of some Poké Balls in Pearl and managed to make it through the first route without running into anything. So I step into the grass on the second route, and the very first thing I run into is a shiny Shinx!

Then, a few months later, my brother was stuck in a cave on Diamond, so I tried to help him get through it, and I found a shiny Golbat.

I saw a shiny bronzor on the GTS yesterday. They wanted a level 100 swalot which I of course did not have. It's rare for me to find shinies for something that's actually legal (instead of level 9 and under reshiram or zekrom). So after some moping I decided to try to get one myself so I took out White and put in Platinum. Bronzor is relatively easy to chain if only because it's the only steel pokemon on route 211 east so magnet pull made it much easier to encounter them. It took a few tries but I did get myself a pretty green bronzor. :>

Just found and caught a shiny Boldore on Victory Road in Pokemon White. This is my third shiny in gen 5, the others being Audino and Munna which are currently on my Pokemon Black save file.

My first shiny was in Platinum. Found a Camerupt on Stark Mountain looking for Magby to get a Magmarizer. Then when I learned how to EV train...... I have found roughly 11 shiny Bidoof. Put them all in the ''Trash'' box. Then I got into RNG'ing and PokeSav, so shinies are no longer special to me, sadly.

I haven't encountered any shiny in black or white. I would like to learn how to RNG though.

Back
Top Bottom