• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

On October 15 of 2013, I ran into a wild shiny wingull in a horde, she has a calm nature and keen eye. I also ran into a shiny female machop with guts and a docile nature in glittering cave a couple days earlier. These were both random encounters and they are now a pelipper and a machamp.

JUST (as in like 5 minutes ago) ran into a Shiny Female Breloom in the Friend Safari. I went NUTS. i have NEVER found a female shiny before. when i caught it, i FREAKED OUT. what's really funny is that i was actually looking for random HA Pokemon, not Shiny ones. Question: is Poison Heal Breloom's HA?

Got my first shiny recently. I was just levelling up in a cave (with only one encounter type) to fight the elite 4 in White 2 and a shiny boldore showed up. :D

Since then I've collected 2 reward shinys but no more wild captures. Yet....

JUST (as in like 5 minutes ago) ran into a Shiny Female Breloom in the Friend Safari. I went NUTS. i have NEVER found a female shiny before. when i caught it, i FREAKED OUT. what's really funny is that i was actually looking for random HA Pokemon, not Shiny ones. Question: is Poison Heal Breloom's HA?
Unfortunately no. Breloom's HA is Technician. But Poison Heal's pretty slagging good on its own so I wouldn't be too upset.

I'm still looking for a shiny Kakuna but the Poison Safari hates me. I've not seen shiny anything in there. Primus, I hope this won't end up like that Sawk... six months of traipsing in the Safari only to be told no repeatedly. >_<

This afternoon I hatched a shiny male Vulpix with 4 IV's, HA and a Timid nature, a revenge hatch from my first MM shiny, also a 4IV HA Vulpix ... with a Brave nature X__X.

Then just now while looking for (and finding) a Timid shiny Braixen I also encountered a Pansear. 3 shinies in one day. Booyah.

I got myself an Eelektross over the GTS, and I decided to breed it. I wasn't breeding for a shiny, mind you, I only planned on hatching one egg. I just wanted to nickname it.

Guess what pops out of my one egg? A shiny Tynamo, of course.

Bred a shiny Buneary for its M-Evo. Has 4 max IV+29 IV in Attack, with its HA. And in case some are wondering, it's male, but I'm keeping him anyway.

Not "encounter" but, using masuda method + shiny charm, I managed to get a shiny Piplup on egg #82, so 3 boxes. I kept on breeding Piplup in hopes of getting a second shiny, but I bred full 40 boxes of them (that's over 1200 Piplup now) and there's still no second shiny :( maybe I should just be thankful I got a shiny at all and stop already...

Reading these posts had left me slightly jealous though excited for all of you at the same time. ha I haven't run into nor bred any shiny pokemon as of yet in the latest games, it's quite frustrating but then again I tend to only focus on building up on near perfect IV'd pokemon for competitive battling and of course, EV training. So if I am to get lucky at all, I will most likely finally encounter a shiny pokemon either from the hordes I battle for ev training or one of the pokemon I bred, which would mean there would be a decent chance of that pokemon being useful for competitive battling.

That all said, I wish I had the luck now that I had way back during the older versions. Did anyone else have a rather ridiculous easy time running into shiny pokemon in the Gold, Silver and Crystal versions? The amount of shiny Dragonair I used to encounter was pretty insane. So far the last shiny pokemon I encountered on any game was White and it was a woobat..lol

I spend a whole day chain fishing for a shiny Corsola, to no avail. Walk into the Safari to get myself a Diglett for some reason, and first thing I see is a shiny Trapinch. Now I have a beautiful, blue level 50 shiny Flygon :D.

Just now. Checking FS cause I added new friends and was trying to fill the slots so I knew which had which cause I was planning on going shiny hunting since I got the shiny charm. Shiny Pancham pops up. I casually look down. Proceed to flip out. False swipe, thunder wave, premier ball.

I've had some crazy luck when it comes to shiny Pokémon these past few weeks.

Late last month I decided to try my luck with the Masuda Method for a Naughty natured shiny Hawlucha with a European male Hawlucha and a Japanese female Hawlucha.

398 eggs later, a female shiny Hawlucha hatched. I nicknamed her Bayonetta and has perfect IV's in Attack, Sp. Defense and Speed. At that point I still had several boxes worth of eggs left to hatch. A few days and 31 eggs after Bayonetta's birth, another shiny Hawlucha hatched. This time a male which I nicknamed Ch'tala and he has perfect IV's in Sp. Defense and Speed.

In the following week I noticed that in the Dark type section of the Friend Safari, a third Pokémon got unlocked and to my happiness it was Inkay. I saw an oppurtunity to go after a shiny Inkay so I started the hunt.

After hunting for about a day, the first shiny showed up. But it wasn't Inkay who shined but a female Nuzleaf which I nicknamed Tenga.

Another day of searching and again, the next shiny wasn't Inkay but instead being a male Sandile which I nicknamed Sebek.

Another day of searching and right at the moment I wanted to give up and go to bed, I finally stumbled upon a female shiny Inkay which I nicknamed Ika-Chan.

After befriending the new shinies in Pokémon-amie and having them go through EV training (Which is real easy in Pokémon X and Y) , I decided to go for another Masuda Method hunt, but this time I went after the cute slug-like dragon Goomy.

I wanted to have a Brave natured Goodra with the egg move Poison Tail, so first I made sure that all of the offspring had the Brave nature and the move Poison Tail. When that was done, I paired a female Goomy with 4 perfect IV's with a Japanese Gible and bred 5 boxes worth of Goomy eggs.

What I didn't and couldn't know was that this Masuda Method hunt would be the shortest I've ever dealt with, because just 13 eggs later, a shiny male Goomy popped out of it's egg. I named him Nail and though he doesn't have any perfect IV's, I'm just really happy I got a shiny Goomy and with the right EV training, I can still make it a worthy fighter =D

Reading these posts had left me slightly jealous though excited for all of you at the same time. ha I haven't run into nor bred any shiny pokemon as of yet in the latest games, it's quite frustrating but then again I tend to only focus on building up on near perfect IV'd pokemon for competitive battling and of course, EV training. So if I am to get lucky at all, I will most likely finally encounter a shiny pokemon either from the hordes I battle for ev training or one of the pokemon I bred, which would mean there would be a decent chance of that pokemon being useful for competitive battling.

That all said, I wish I had the luck now that I had way back during the older versions. Did anyone else have a rather ridiculous easy time running into shiny pokemon in the Gold, Silver and Crystal versions? The amount of shiny Dragonair I used to encounter was pretty insane. So far the last shiny pokemon I encountered on any game was White and it was a woobat..lol

^
Scratch that, just moments ago while EV training I encountered a shiny Vanillite after summoning a horde of them using sweet scent. I was rather excited about this, although it's not exactly showcasing the best of IV's, it is Mild though, so that's something.

Shiny ice cream. ~

During the scripted event where you learn how to sneak up on pokemon from your rival in oras I got a shiny poochyena. Hella happy about it, because not only is it shiny but it has a special move--ice fang!!!

I got my shiny Beldem during the shiny Beldem event, it shows to be a really good battler for a low level Pokemon. The Beldem even caught up to my level 8 Mudkip quickly.

Bred 3 shiny Sableye because the first 2 didn't have Prankster. And then it turns out the one with its HA also has maxed IV in all the stats that matter. Perseverance definitely pays off.

While coming home from Jersey on Saturday, I found a shiny Trevenant in a horde battle. What was funny about it though, was that only 20 minutes or so prior I was thinking about what I would name a shiny Foongus had I found one before I finished EV training (which was why I was looking for them in the first place). Thus, "Auburn" appeared, named after the vineyard I stopped at earlier, upon reaching the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

Back
Top Bottom