• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Finally managed to lay hands on a shiny Brave No Guard Golurk in one of my Ghost Safaris. I won't call this the longest shiny dry spell I've had but it did take me a while. I'm just glad to finally have him.

Now, it's on to soft resetting for a shiny Reshiram. Wish me luck.

Last week I hatched a shiny Ralts. It isn't usable because of its nature :(

Over a week ago, I just got a perfect 5IV Swrilix from breeding and started working on giving it Pokerus. A Pedove popped up in the grass, so I went to it, and I got a shiny Pedove! :D

For reasons unknown, last night I decided to hop onto the GTS. Lo and behold, the first thing that greets me is a level 1 shiny Golett. This one is actually doable, as the trainer wanted a level 1 -10 Palkia. So I pitched a shiny Charmander onto the GTS, got some sleep and waited. This morning when I turned on my 3DS, I was greeted by the sight of a Dream Ball floating towards me. I got the Palkia and made the trade.

It's been months since I've been able to nail down a shiny rescue via the GTS. Everything as of late has simply been put on display with the asking prices of event Legends. It was so bad that I actually quit the GTS for the past several months; I was tired of torturing myself and I got more shinies via Wonder Trade anyway.

The little guy is Jolly with 5IVs--he's missing Special Attack and that's just fine--and has No Guard. If GF decides to finally gives us another romp through Kalos, I think this little fella will be the first member of my team.

Random Encounter: I was playing Soul Silver the other day, while I was looking for some Pokemon in the Safari Zone I happened to find a shiny Caterpie. However, I was not suited to catch really well (I did not have false swipe or status moves.) Then, I knocked it down to like 10 HP then I found that I only had one Park Ball :(

So I tossed it and I actually got caught it!!!

Long story short, now I have a shiny Butterfree!!!

I cannot believe I finally found my shiny Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave in Heart Gold a few days ago <3 That thing is beautiful!

The only legit shinies I caught not including Gyarados were Zubat and Relicanth. Sadly..Someone restarted my Silver Version...Erasing everything. Then the battery died.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    482.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I got a shiny Darkrai through wonder trade the other night, but unfortunately it was hacked, so I had to release it.

I was screwing around in Emerald and found a shiny Luvdisc, so I caught it with a good ol' Quick Ball. I was pretty stoked until I remembered one thing.

"Oh, yeah. It's... fucking Luvdisc..."

I went running around an Electric Friend Safari a couple of days ago and ran into a shiny Luxio, which I caught with a Quick Ball. He's Careful with Guts and I promptly named him Victory Leo, after a Japanese Transformer.

Still wanting another shiny Electabuzz, so I may have to go back and search the area again.

I had started to IV breed Pawniard while watching videos on YouTube and while watching a video, I saw that I hatched a shiny Pawniard! Too bad that she had 4 IVs, if she has the defense IV, then I could use her for competitive battling.

I was looking for this thread the other day. I was checking for threads I had posted on here before and I just realized this is my first post on this thread.

Anyway, I encountered a shiny Wingull on Route 110 on Omega Ruby two days ago. I was very happy.

After a long break of shiny hunting I was feeling down so I thought Id try shiny hunting in the friend safari on X. I went into a safari, encountered all the Pokemon in in and went to the next, I repeated this and eventually found a shiny Grumpig in a Psychic type safari. Not my most wanted one but I'll take it. I decided to continue, so I'll update if I get another shiny.

I've got a shiny Cottonee, and Poochyena from my last two shiny hunts in Alpha Sapphire. I want to try for a shiny Druddigon in the near future but dexnaving in a cave is a challenge.

I started to IV breed Ferroseed and got a shiny 5IV Ferroseed, but he's missing HP. Is it me or am I lucky with shinies this week.

Finally got a shiny male Heatran after SR for over a month in OR!
Now, moving to Cresselia, since Crescent Isle appeared as the mirage spot of the day.

Recently, I was breeding for a bunch of Spritzee (mostly because they've got a really cute design) and in the 8th egg a shiny popped out. I was pretty surprised, I never get shiny Pokémon that fast when intentionally breeding for shiny Pokémon. It was such a nice surprise because it's shiny form has several of my favourite colours in it. I think next up I'm gonna breed for a shiny Eevee or Skitty.

One time in SoulSilver I went to the Burnt Tower trying to get a Magmar. In the hours I was there, I never managed to find a Magmar, though I found something far rarer: a shiny Koffing. After that, I found a shiny Ponytail in SS, a shiny Golbat in W2, ashiny Solosis in Y, and a shiny Tepig in AS.

I was wonder trading and I got a 6IV shiny HA Tepig, it could have been hacked though.

*One week alter* I was EV training my money making Smeargle and then ran into a shiny Sandshrew.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom