• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Decided to hatch some Phiones to Wonder Trade away. After 8 eggs I had a cute little shiny Phione.

I found a shiny Sealeo while wandering in Shoal Cave. Which is pretty cool, even if it is the neon pink crud.

I also received shiny: Xerneas, Yveltal, Chatot, Larvitar and Ditto from Wonder Trade over the last few days while sending out loads of breeding leftover. Of course the Xerneas and Yveltal were hacked. The others I'm not sure about.

Well, after a long time soft resetting, I'm only missing 2 obtainable shiny legendary pokemon: Groudon (Wich I still can't catch because I don't have a Soul Silver version) and Phione.

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem shiny are all mine!!!

Had to resort to RNG manipulation to get Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, though. While I feel a bit bad about that, I'm not using them for battles, just for collection purposes.

*EDIT: And now, with my newly hatched shiny Phione, all I'm missing is Groudon! After that, I'll start collecting regular shinies (and hopefully get a complete shinydex someday)

Last edited:
I got a perfect Jolly shiny Ditto on Wonder Trade...
Too lazy to post the following part in FFFFUUUU-moments, but this one is hacked obviously. :/ *trades it forward*

I just encountered my first-ever, legit, shiny pokemon today. I'm playing through SoulSilver again, and just after I got out of the dark cave I encountered a shiny Ekans in the grass!

I'm kinda way too excited, I've never had a shiny appear in any of my games before (sans GTC). Not sure how I feel about having an ekans in my party, but I'm bringing him along for the journey!

For the past few days, I have breeding Bulbasaur for the Kanto Classic competition and after I got the perfect female 5IV (plus a perfect 6IV male) Bulbasaur, I went into Pokebank to release the Pokemon I don't want anymore and put away the breeding rejects. While I was releasing the unwanted Bulbasaurs, I found that I had hatched a shiny one and didn't even notice it! I almost released it since I was releasing the other bulbasaur very quickly, so I quickly stopped and put it aside to place it into the shiny Pokemon box in Pokebank. The shiny also has the egg moves and the HA as well.

I got a perfect Jolly shiny Ditto on Wonder Trade...
Too lazy to post the following part in FFFFUUUU-moments, but this one is hacked obviously. :/ *trades it forward*
I got one of those via GTS only this one is Bold; I know it's hacked but I use it for my Masuda runs since it happens to be Japanese. (Considering how most 6IV Ditto will cost you a Mythical, I considered that worth it.)

I suspended my Weedle hunt for the moment and am going for a Chimchar; I don't know why but I can't concentrate for more than a few minutes when I'm hatching the Weedle but can concentrate when it's Chimchar. I'm guessing once I'm done with my surgery in March, my concentration will bounce back a little.

I have never had much finding shiny in the wild. I've gotten a shiny Deoxy once off the wonder trade. No clue how or why... But my very first wild encounter was a a Golbat while wandering in OR. I got excited and went to use False Swipe in him, however, i miss clicked with the stylus and used another attack instead, fainting it. I was so sad considering I have been playing for years and that was the first ever encounter with one on my own! So sad :(

Found a shiny Scatterbug in Santalune Forest, was the first or second Pokemon I encountered there.

Since I don't aim for shiny Pokemon in any way, shape or form, I only have one: the Rotom I found in the TV in Diamond version. I didn't even realise that Rotom existed, let alone that I would find one in that Old Chateau, so it was a very frantic encounter with overleveled Pokemon trying desperately not to faint it and not to run out of Poke Balls. Gottim eventually though, but he's just been sitting in my box from game to game since then. He's made it to Y version, but he's still just level 30.

My first shiny encounter wasn't until X/Y when I caught a Shiny Meinfoo on Route 8. After six generations of playing the games, I'd say that was long overdue. After that lucky happening, it seemed to become much easier for me to acquire shinies. I've gotten various through the Friend Safari, Wonder Trade, GTS, regular trades, and breeding. I still have yet to catch one via DexNav/chaining though. Nonetheless, I seem to have inadvertently built up a collection of shinies, which I never thought I would. That said, there's very few shiny palettes I prefer over the original colors, but they are useful for trades and/or gifts.

my only shiny encounter in 12 years of playing was in Pokemon X on victory road. It was a gravler. You can imagine what happened.

Still no luck with my current hunt, so I did some Wonder Trading last night and got traded a shiny Sneasel--probably legit--a shiny Goomy--obvious hack--and a shiny Spanish event Mew. That last one made me laugh out loud; it just screams "HACK!" every time I look at it.

I'm still going to keep it, just for kicks. The Goomy has six IVs and could be good for breeding purposes. Same with the Sneasel. Now if only I could actually hatch a freaking shiny of my own that I can nickname... :cry:

I remember the frustration from all those times I've been trying to breed a shiny with a stubborn persistence and no results... but during an evening I'm barely paying attention to my game and especially not even trying to masuda method a shiny, a lovely green Bagon hatches! The only thing I could possibly complain, would be her Sassy nature. But I'll figure out a way to make her intimidating and deadly part of few teams! :D

Just encountered my 3rd shiny ever last week: Golbat in AS, got pretty psyched, gotta admit.

Although I gotta say, after playing pokémon games for 16 yrs, and having logged probably around a couple thousand of hours, only 3 encounters is soooooo frustrating! I got Rattata, Banette and Golbat, and I mean come on, 2 of them are super common pokémon too... god damn it.. luckily I dont care for shinies, so its all good :)

Just now decided on a whim to go on a hunt for a competitively viable Raikou, with synchronize Ralts, Final Gambit Staraptor, speed checker, and Pokeball wall 'mon in hand. I soared off to Petalburg to lower my Staraptor's HP to the level I needed and what do you know the first thing to pop up out of the grass is a shiny Wurmple! Wasn't really paying attention to my DS and I had to double-take; thankfully this didn't happen near littleroot before I had any pokeballs. Really hoping it'll metamorphose into a Dustox for me.

Guys, I've asked it on other threads, but I will ask it here as well: Does the DEX NAV in ORAS have the same shiny encounter rate increase like the XY Poke Radar, or is it lower?

I've searched for the answer, but found contradictory statements. Some say it's the exact same like with XY PokeRadar, but other say the DexNav doesn't increase the shiny encounter rate at all. Who to believe?

Back
Top Bottom