• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Hatched a shiny Abra while breeding for Synchronizers. It's even Timid so it's very usable for battling if it has some good IVs or with Hyper Training.

Since I've lost all my sanity, I'm trying for a shiny Wimpod.
Good luck.

I went exploring Poni Wilds in the middle of the crazy things going on at the end of the game, (those who are at this part or passed it will know what I'm talking about) to collect items after I bought max repels and didn't use them yet. After collecting berries from one tree, I suddenly ran into a a shiny Granbull! I never had luck chaining for a shiny, I would get a shiny randomly without chaining and randomly through breeding.

Was working on setting up a Smeargle with Recycle for chaining and ended up hatching a shiny Trubbish! I named her Glitz after a brand of bin liners. Not something I ever thought I'd want to look up but's there's a first for everything.

About that shiny Dugtrio I caught, I called her Fabiana, because she's the most beautiful Dugtrio in the cosmos, including the black holes. And because I like silly references like that.

I got a Shiny eevee after like 20 minutes of SOS chaining without a shiny charm yet. Was pretty lucky! He's a Sylveon now.

I also got a shiny lady rowlet and a shiny grubbin via Wonder Trade. They are now their final evolution.

I was just looking for a Pichu on my first day of playing, right before you battle Hau for the second time, and I happened to run into a shiny Pikipek. Her name is Pixie and she's absolutely not allowed to evolve

I captured a shiny Dratini this morning using the S.O.S chaining method, without a shiny charm. I might attempt to S.O.S chain for more shiny Pokémon once I obtain the charm.

I encountered a shiny Ghastly on Memorial Hill, then evolved it into a Haunter. Since Gengar are dead humans, I asked a friend who my Haunter would have been in life to become shiny. They responded Satoru Iwata. Dark humor, I know.
I then hatched a shiny A-Vulpix via Masuda Method after 429 eggs. I named her Lavender, and I love her so much that I almost cry sometimes when I look at her summary screen. Yes I cry over my Pokemon.

My first shiny in Moon was Eevee...the one I have the most of in Omega Ruby since I was trying to get all of the Eeveelutions in shiny forms... good news though: with this one I can complete that goal ;3 As waiting in the bank I have: Eevee, Flareon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon and Sylveon. I evolved the one from Moon into Leafeon and plan on evolving the last one into Jolteon.

I wasn't even looking for it really. I was SOS-chaining looking for Happiny (not knowing that apparently Eevee doesn't call for Happiny...) and there it was.

The second one was Exeggcute, again I wasn't really trying for a shiny I was just EV-training.
Then I got a Diglett and Ledyba for the same reason, and yet another Exeggcute (which I traded away).
I caught a shiny Minior without even noticing... I was just looking for a Ditto and decided to also catch all the Miniors I found just to get all the colors, one of them was black and I didn't think much of it... but lo and behold, it was shiny.
The first one I actually tried to get was a shiny Rockruff. Which I got. His name is Fenris :B (And now I'm trying to get another so I can get both shiny versions of Lycanroc XD Doing Masuda this time though to get a competitive one.)

I got a shiny Murkrow from Wonder Trade :D I don't know if it was sent by mistake or a deliberate generous distribution, but I'm really excited to get my first shiny. I didn't have a Murkrow at all, so it was really cool to see that moment when the shiny form got recorded as the initial form in the dex :D

My first shiny 'mon from Wonder Trade as well. It's Caterpie. :D

Also, I got shiny Ditto while hunting 4-IV Ditto through SOS chaining. Without Shiny Charm. Too bad, it has 3 perfect IVs. Oh well, I'm keeping it. :)

Caught a Shiny Boldore today while looking for Jangmo-o. :D

Dat moment, when you are searching for a 4IV female Machop, and you run into a shiny Machop instead...

I've been playing pokemon emerald because my 3ds was stolen :[
But last week, I'm just hunting down a Plusle for my pokedex and I got my first shiny for my emerald version. It was shiny male Gulpin and I pretty much flipped out, I'd forgotten how exciting random shiny encounters can be

Sent from Br'er Lappen via Tapatalk

Been doing quite a bit of shiny hunting, whether SOSing Salandit (never again), breeding for all the starters, Alolan Vulpix, and Cutiefly, I decided to take a break from hatching Cutiefly eggs and went to SOSing Cutiefly instead. I was getting pretty bored and was about to just kill the one I was chaining from and save, as I was more focused on the video I was listening too, when I look down at my 3DS, and the sparkles of Shiny Cutiefly! At 70 sos encounters. My heart leaped in my chest. I caught her and named her Pookie (for now. If you've seen the SM comic about the Team Skull Grunt with all the Cutiefly, you know what I'm talking about.) I'll change her name when I think of a really good one. Also she has Sweet Veil. This is the first Shiny I have gotten that I actually tried for. The other 3 I have gotten (1 of them I no longer have), have been random encounters.

I have done a lot of trying for shinies, ever since ORAS I have actually worked for shinies. The only shinies I ever got were random (at least I got something). A shiny Hoothoot in SoulSilver in March 2014 (I lost the cartridge, thus the shiny), a Shiny Tailow (and now a Swellow) in Alpha Sapphire (in a place I often did hunt for shinies in my main game of Omega Ruby) in April 2015. Then while training some new shiny hunting Pokemon, since I had lost some in another lost cartridge (I am such a fool), I got a Shiny Audino, while thinking wouldn't it be funny if I got a shiny right now?

So now in Pokemon Sun, I have tried quite a bit for shinies, from breeding Cutiefly, the starters, and Alolan Vulpix, to SOS chaining Salandit (never again). I was taking a break from hatching Cutiefly eggs to just go SOS chain them. The first shiny Pokeon I got while actually trying to find a shiny Pokemon. After 70 SOS encounters, Shiny Cutiefly. It is a different feeling you get. Random shinies are just pure glee, but ones you work for also feel really good because you look at them and know that you worked hard for them. I have dubbed her Pookie for now, but I will probably change her name in the future. She has Sweet Veil too :)

Back
Top Bottom