• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

My first shiny in sun and moon was the first eevee that I saw on the root. So it registered in my dex as shiny. I had friends curse my luck.

Newest two shinys, one I just got 10 minutes ago. Flash Fire Cyndaquil in Level Ball. Also got this Butterfree a couple weeks ago, Love Ball.

Attachments

• Snapchat-914684011.jpg
    Snapchat-914684011.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Snapchat-1390158855.jpg
    Snapchat-1390158855.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 39
While wonder trading this morning, I got a level 100 shiny Aegislash. It only knows Hidden Power, but I don't care since it's going to my shiny Pokemon collection.

While I didn't know what shinies were when I was a kid, I don't believe I've ever come across a shiny in the wild - or anywhere else really. I haven't played Johoto games, so I haven't even caught a Red Gyrados.
It's just sad.

I was playing through the eShop version of Gold and I just ran into a Shiny Natu at the Ruins of Alph. I was scared that it was going to use Teleport so I weakened it with one move and threw a Great Ball at it. I managed to catch her and she is currently in my PC.

While egg hatching for a competitive Gardevoir, I inadvertently hatched a Shiny Modest Ralts with perfect IVs in all except Special Defense.

The downside is that he's male :( I really would want my Gardevoir to be female if its going to be kicking butt in a pimped out black ballroom dress, whilst wearing opera gloves.

I got a shiny Lugia from the GTS. Probably hacked, but I wouldn’t know. It has a funny nickname and OT.

UPDATE: Accidentally ran from Eevee after weeks of chaining it. Lovely.

On the plus side, I finally successfully chained Alolan Vulpix and got a female shiny named Kirune. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet since it has Snow Cloak, although I have been thinking about making a mono Ice-type Hail team for a while, so it might be good for that.

Going for Rufflet now. Wish me luck.

Wonder Trade shinies can be cool, as long as it is not ridiculous. Before I had so much success breeding my own, I loved level 1 shinies for my long team. But the blatant ones are lame.

The most recent awful one I recieved via WT was lv 5 Nidoking that had the Virtual Console origin symbol. I also hate WT shinies that are in improper balls, like a recent WT that netted me a Charizard in a Beast Ball.

Bred 2 shiny Jangmo-o from the same batch (as in they both hatched in the same team while running around with Tauros). A female and a male. Both with different abilities and with 5 max IVs. Can't wait to see them use Clangorous Soulblaze.

I was playing Gold on my 3DS VC, and right after I won the Bug Catching Contest (With a Venonat, no less!), I went into the National Park to catch a Sunkern for my team, and what do I run into? A SHINY PIDGEY!!! I caught it successfully...and then traded it to Silver so I can put it on THAT team.

As of this writing, it's evolved into a shiny Pidgeotto.

Update: Rufflet hunt was a success. He has Lonely nature which is good but his IV's suck. Perfect Sp. Atk., Sp. Def., Speed, and HP. Not ideal, and Keen Eye on top of that. He is fixable with Ability Capsule and Bottle Cap, but for now I'll just play with him for fun. Was hoping for Sheer Force with perfect Attack so I could have a bruiser, but what can you do.

P.S. His name is Tomahawk

I just hatched a Shiny Hawlucha in my Y a minute ago! It's pretty notable for me because I've only been into this Hawlucha breeding process for about three hours! She's female, and sadly her ability is Limber and only missing a perfect HP IV. ;___;

Why is it when I inadvertently hatch shiny competitive Pokemon, they're never perfect (fun fact-the very next Hawlucha I hatched was perfect, with IVs, ability and preferred gender).

Back
Top Bottom