• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Gonna tell my story here. Was going to search for the thread, but CynthiaLover here just upped it for me. Thaanks :p
So, I've been o a craze to get underleveled stuff here. So I've started to go after stuff like lvl 10 Dragonite, and lvl 9 Salamence.
My luck has been... In the wrong.
Found none of that. Instead, I now have two shiny Dragonair (none of them are even underleved, they are 36 and 35).
Got a bit tired of that, so decided to go for the lvl 9 Salamence. And promptly found a shiny Bagon.

I WASN'T EVEN ON THE CHAIN OF 70, I WAS AT 48!

I was searching for a Growlithe in UM, in order to complete the Pokedex entry for it. Imagine my surprise when I ran into this little one. This marks the first time I've encountered a Shiny Pokemon naturally since Generation 5. As per usual, it has a horrible nature (Timid on a physical attacker, really? Ugh) Thankfully, she went in the Poke Ball at full health-I was paranoid about possibly knocking her out:

qrjo3ZCSfZuXD0Rfucp-P2LTaakQ7zmi38jj204MemP5HF8VkPRoXryGOF_XsFI-SPTxfYLT6zM3qrR3dRZk3ecWaTt-4yc0YhmtmxwFb-OU5rgBvxlCwgxLrWtlKeHFO8FpoH26V0pDzm7J3PE6XR914XfR1590xfKZtNft5I8fyB1bKXQYN4PQhh7pn0xJAYed6pWbAPchgmn1zPunDYJ23c5U3BLvrc10odqUTNrzUlY0x9y2R_XJlWDsvaZltFcnG5a-JCZ_oXtKRVA0NdaZbIFC599uCjAa3WgzFjSMxwq7xvSACFFlx6mZF-8JsqMZENl4SPRNVV2rR99IYVpn3kH4cINS7KP-SMOSlg0J2KlFRdxO-ztwwKgadLkydZG4zw72WgPXFx3BVOZXsxvxOAwahuJQYUd9Yu1buAFAFF9J3khweYCaU5QQ9aKBANHEfekf7ZZeCEU768kkJ9gndnmujx-8e2EdvBDeDLjEYk8Y-6LOtI5deuOhuB8t5y_-tT5FKLm8F_6q3v6UYFcXwkeL2l6kvZDPckjS8pNX6IiUKYy_79pAE2zWL6FKIS8AOgniW-hC6g5pBkq7N4tbczZRFZQQ-X1_I3Ul2khhYmBbY0ge-DFS2IkFf6UwT0LhQCBoMaEjCeU_zGngNc2hB395pqiqu3drWWrUW88Y72Qeaxw7Vhp8jnI=w682-h908-l75-ft

EDIT: The picture won't show for some stupid reason, but it's a Shiny Yungoos.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm back. First Ultra Moon shiny today. Got a shiny Swellow. Awwsome to gwt through the Ultra Wormhole stuff.. Lucked out and got Jolly haha. Went into a rank 3 wormhole at just over 3000LY. No Shiny Charm yet, either... Anyone else had luck for shiners in there???

Attachments

• Snapchat-277462659.jpg
    Snapchat-277462659.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Snapchat-1319251193.jpg
    Snapchat-1319251193.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 28
Anyone else had luck for shiners in there???
Through wormholes, I have gotten TWO SHINY SWELLOWS! HA!
*Kid-trying-to-one-up-everyone mode off*
Also got two shiny Floatzels, a blue Yanmega, and a green Crustle.
I'mma be focusing on trying for a shiny Kartana, because it is my favorite Ultra Beast.

Through wormholes, I have gotten TWO SHINY SWELLOWS! HA!
*Kid-trying-to-one-up-everyone mode off*
Also got two shiny Floatzels, a blue Yanmega, and a green Crustle.
I'mma be focusing on trying for a shiny Kartana, because it is my favorite Ultra Beast.
Whoa, buddy. If that is true, that is fantastic. But I'm asking to try to find out the mechanics on the shiny wormholes, and I just feel like you're making a false claim. Sorry. Proof???

I'm not trying to be rude, but I am super curious behind the percentages and mechanics behind running into a shiny in Ultra Space. Can anyone direct me to a thread or the like I may have missed?

Whoa, buddy. If that is true, that is fantastic. But I'm asking to try to find out the mechanics on the shiny wormholes, and I just feel like you're making a false claim. Sorry. Proof???

I'm not trying to be rude, but I am super curious behind the percentages and mechanics behind running into a shiny in Ultra Space. Can anyone direct me to a thread or the like I may have missed?
YOU WANT PROOF?
HERE'S PROOF *slams down link*
Add another Crustle and one more Swellow for good measure.

Joking aside, I've seen the number 7% floating around for the chance of a shiny on a Wormhole. If I'm to guess, the portals with 2 rings have this chance, though I can't be certain.
Also, it is decided if the Pokémon is shiny or not when you enter the portal, so you can save and reset for better natures/IVs if you do find one.
Either way, the chances are amazing. As you can see, I caught multiple of them on a day.

I got a Shiny Azelf through an Ultra Wormhole! I didn't even soft reset for it, I just wanted to catch Azelf and boom, it was Shiny. I had to resist the urge to use my Master Ball and I managed to catch it in an Ultra Ball. This is the second time I've randomly encountered a Shiny Legendary, after Cresselia in Black 2.

Besides that, I've gotten a Shiny Abomasnow and a Shiny Magcargo through Wormholes.

Alright, I'm back. First Ultra Moon shiny today. Got a shiny Swellow. Awwsome to gwt through the Ultra Wormhole stuff.. Lucked out and got Jolly haha. Went into a rank 3 wormhole at just over 3000LY. No Shiny Charm yet, either... Anyone else had luck for shiners in there???
How did you attach your pictures as files like that? :eek:

Now that USUM are out, and I'm far enough in it, I have started doing SOS hunts. I really need to beat through thegame so I can start wormhole hunting. I did 100 SOS encounters for Zorua, and 150-something for Noibat. If I hunt again soon it will probably be Noibat again, since I've always wanted a shiny Noibat. I'll post back when I find some luck.

SpikOriundo: Sorry for doubting you. After I posted that, I looked online and saw it truly is very easy to do this. I just got another, Magcargo in a Level Ball, from a one ringed wormhole at 3086LY. Do the ring amounts corralate to shiny chance? Or os it purly distance based??

@Alola
To the right of the Post Reply button is a button that says Upload File. Simply select that, the choose your desired file from your documents. Once you chosse your file, click the Post Reply button. No need to mess around with the other options.

Attachments

• Snapchat-833337216.jpg
    Snapchat-833337216.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Snapchat-1432576657.jpg
    Snapchat-1432576657.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 28
SpikOriundo: Sorry for doubting you. After I posted that, I looked online and saw it truly is very easy to do this. I just got another, Magcargo in a Level Ball, from a one ringed wormhole at 3086LY. Do the ring amounts corralate to shiny chance? Or os it purly distance based??
I's fine mah dude.
About the chance of shiny, I'm not sure. Haven't really seen any dataminer point out the correct percentage or if the rings change the chance, which is kinda weird. If I knew how to datamine, that'd be the first thing I'd figure out.

Um... Next wormhole I did.........??..?!..!

Lol, SpikOriundo, wanna shiny swap your extra Floatzel for my extra Magcargo??

Attachments

• Snapchat-1025282776.jpg
    Snapchat-1025282776.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 33
Hey, apologies for the double post, but I had to put these here. Spik was spot on, shinys abound. Honestly, it's probably super broken. All I have got have been at least 3000LY, but all have been different stages of wormhole. I've found 5 shinys. I had one each from types 1, 2, and 4 wormholes, and two from stage 3. Either way, once you clear all the legendary's out, it's pretty much a free for all!

Attachments

• Snapchat-459503224.jpg
    Snapchat-459503224.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Snapchat-1106778500.jpg
    Snapchat-1106778500.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Snapchat-921285164.jpg
    Snapchat-921285164.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Snapchat-1460845468.jpg
    Snapchat-1460845468.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 30
Looks like IV cap on the shiny wormhole PKMN is nonexistant...

Attachments

• Snapchat-897565703.jpg
    Snapchat-897565703.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Snapchat-717507086.jpg
    Snapchat-717507086.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 34
I believe Shiny Pokemon presence in Wormholes is determined more by distance than rings or sparkles. I've had extraordinarily good luck finding them in Ultra Wormholes between 3800-5520 LY away.

I'm surprised by how good they are, too. I was shocked that my Shiny Swanna had three perfect IVs.

I'm in the process of SR'ing for a shiny Poipole in my Ultra Moon as we speak, but I'm getting tired. I'm really hoping the Modest synch suceeds. Regardless of how this pans out, I doubt I'm going to try for a second one in my Ultra Sun game...

I'm in the process of SR'ing for a shiny Poipole in my Ultra Moon as we speak, but I'm getting tired. I'm really hoping the Modest synch suceeds. Regardless of how this pans out, I doubt I'm going to try for a second one in my Ultra Sun game...
You don't have to worry. Synchronize works with 100% chance on gift Pokémon, such as Adhesive.

Took me lots of resets, but I finally got shiny Nihilego. Currently facing Groudon, which I also got as a shiny, but he was the wrong nature, so have to start over. I really wish Synchronize had a higher chance than 50%.

I'm surprised by how good they are, too. I was shocked that my Shiny Swanna had three perfect IVs.

I've read several accounts that Shiny Ultra Wormhole Pokemon have a guaranteed 3 perfect IVs.

That being said, I'd like to officially jump on this bandwagon :D

I was trying out the Ultra Wormhole biz last night for the first time. I still need a lot of practice though, because getting to at least 3,000 light years is proving difficult for me. So imagine my surprise when at around 2,200 light years ahead, I found a Shiny Audino! I was so shocked and happy to finally have found a Shiny, and it didn't even take all that long! Even better, I was able to capture her in a Premier Ball, given it was indeed a special occasion.

Going to keep trying to find more Shinies in the mean time.

Back
Top Bottom