• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I have encountered two shinies in white: Tympole (10 RE's into the game), and if you thought that was an unbeatable record, then behold my shiny Pidove (8 RE's in the game)!!!

Also, yesterday, I went to dragon's den in SS to get my Extreme Speed Dratini, I thought to myself "Clair was envious just bcuz I passed the elder's test, imagine how she would be if he gave me a SHINY EXTREME SPEED DRATINI XD!!!". Ironically, I got it, checked it's summary and... bum, shiny O.O!!! Cool, isn't it? I got a shiny Dratini without even intending to!! Imma show it off as a beatiful green Dragonite to Clair and Lance >:3!!! HE he

My shiny Drifloon is the only shiny that I have encountered as of yet. I've been trying to masuda method a shiny Ponyta and I've been trying to soft reset for a shiny Chimchar starter on Diamond, but I haven't really been putting much effort in. I think that I'll try again because I really want more shinies :)

Saw a shiny Boldore in Chargestone Cave. Tried to get it to low HP, and Unfezant ended up critting and killing it. The only time I actually don't want it to crit...
Feels bad, man - shiny Boldore looks awesome.

Saw a shiny Boldore in Chargestone Cave. Tried to get it to low HP, and Unfezant ended up critting and killing it. The only time I actually don't want it to crit...
Feels bad, man - shiny Boldore looks awesome.

Sorry to hear that :(

Crits seem to always happen against shinies and having something with False Swipe at hand is just annoying and impractical D:

I Just encountered a shiny crabby at the safari zone.I threw bait but it ran away....
:( :( :( :( :(

Just found my first Shiny ever, even though I've been playing all the games since RBY, so it kinda turned into a big moment for me, haha xD It was an Audino~ :3

Let's see besides the Shiny Gyarados in HG/SS. I've had a Shiny Male Sentret in FireRed I met on one of the islands. Then a Shiny Female Dustox in Pearl that I met in the Eterna Forest but I mistakenly released it when I was organizing the PC so I said whatever it took me a year to fix the PC I wasn't going to turn it off and on again and now a Shiny Male Deerling (Autumn Form) in White that I met in Route 6.

Last edited:
Ah, I remember my first shiny...Magikarp, in Platinum. I was so POed a few months after i evolved it when Hg/Ss came out!

a few months ago i started over in my SS just for fun without deleting the old saving data and then i meet a shiney Pidgey then i discovers i cANT SAVE MY FILE :(

I've only encountered my shiny Nincada in Emerald and shiny Rattata in SoulSilver. I want to find one in Black soon, though.

PokéRadar'd up a Shiny Eevee today! On a chain of 13, ironically enough! It's now a Vaporeon in my Black Version. It's things like these that make me grateful that I didn't let Black City empty out, or I might not have been able to buy the Water Stone! I made sure to teach it Heal Bell before I transferred it as well, because it's not gonna be able to provide Wish support, as Wish is an Egg move.

Let me see here :dodgy:
In my Diamond, I got a Shiny Wumple and Meditite. I was really disappointed that i didn't get any Gen 4 poke at that time so I didn't EV train then at all. They didn't have the best nature anyway, Meditite had Lax Nature I think...

When it comes to Leafgreen i had a ton of Shiny encounters, dispite I only played it in about 400 hours. I got an Gloom, Tangela, Slugma, Goldeen. To my dismay, about 20 of the Shinies were in the Safari Zone. I remember finding an Exeggcute when I was playing on the toilet... I was bored XD Anyhow, I missclicked on "Run" an almost dropped my GBA down the drain XD

I got some Pokes in my Emerald, some ere AR'ed but they don't count. Once I was in the Battle Pyramid, reaching for Brandon's rematch battle, I found a Shiny Skarmory, and I wasn't even able to catch it, no Balls you know...
The same happened at the Battle Factory and battled a Shiny Meganium... I didn't know that Shiny poke were in the Battle Factory... how odd...

However, hadn't encountered a single Shiny in my Black yet... *sad face*

Just moments ago, I found a SHINY MUSHARNA. After 21 soft resets! I was merely doing it for lulz when bam! there she was. One Ultra Ball later, she's now mine.

Her Nickname: Trix. As in Trix Yogurt. XD

I'm at 1056 Snorunt eggs so far, and still going. ;_;

So I traded my Karrablast for a Shelmet and got an shiny Accelgor. Bit of a result, so a good day.

Stumbled upon a shiny Darumaka on Route 4 a couple of days ago while I was training Sandile. :D

I got my third random shiny the other day, a Shiny Sewaddle, when I was EV training in that forest after the second gym, I can't remember the name.

Seriously, guys want shinies, guys should go EV train.

Back
Top Bottom