• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I have had some incredible luck with shinies in White. Firstly, I encountered a random shiny Durant while traveling through Victory Road the first time on my way to the league. Later, while on my way to capture Kyurem, I encountered a random shiny Piloswine in the grass. Lastly, I was breeding Barboach to EV train and what do you know? A shiny one hatches and even with the nature I wanted.

Wow. I still haven't found a shiny on either my Black or White (though I have in other games; see my previous post(s) for that), no matter how much I've searched. And I'm trying to hatch a shiny Magikarp and have hatched about 60 or so eggs with no luck so far. So congrats to you on being so lucky!

Thanks a lot. I do not know how I have had such incredible luck. Good luck to you.

Tips or Creative ways to catch Shinies!

I posted this thread to see if anyone has any creative ways to search or find shiny pokemon. I know that its completely random but I want to see if anyone has any tips to improve the overall chances of getting a shiny. I have an interesting strategy myself, it involves the Game Corner in any game that sells pokemon. The key is to save up a ton of money and then buy a ton of coins. Next you go to the prize counter and save your game. Then buy a ton of pokemon costing the least amount of money (usually Abra 100 coins). After you spend all your coins you go to your PC and see if any of them are shiny if not shut off your game and retry!

Re: Tips or Creative ways to catch Shinies!

But buying a bunch of the same pokemon at the Game Corner to better your odds is

Re: Tips or Creative ways to catch Shinies!

How is the method suggested in the OP any different from just catching millions of Pokemon from the wild?

As for the thread, just RNG. you'll get tonnes of shinies.

Currently Working in 3 Different Shinies:

Shaymin in Platinum (Oak's Letter)- SR
Lillipup in White- Masuda: Current Egg Count 535
In Anticipation/Excitement for BW2: Kyurem- SR (Not counting resets for fear of discouragement)

Does anyone know if it is possible to get shinies from the game corner? I think I'm gonna try it.

4 years of my life and NONE! Is it possible to get shinies in the DW?

4 years of my life and NONE! Is it possible to get shinies in the DW?
Pokemon can not be shiny from the Dream World when you catch them in the Entralink forest, toget a shiny Dream Wold Pokemon you have to breed a dream world female Pokemon with a male foreign Pokemon(Masuda Method) and hatch a shiny one that way.

I was breeding bulbsuars for a friend (using a foreign parent) and I got a shiny on the sixth egg :O

Bah, I've only ever captured one non-event shiny: a Drowzee in SoulSilver. I randomly found it one day while training for Whitney, and I just flipped out. (I am now convinced that I must have some lucky cartridge or something because I also ended up getting Pokerus upon hitting Kanto. Crazy.)

But on top of that, I also somehow found a shiny Tentacruel in Diamond once. I was busy trying to hatch an egg at the time, so I had Magmortar up front, and, unfortunately, its ability decided to kick in and burn Tentacruel. And then it broke out of the three-or-so Ultra Balls I tossed at it. Much sadness was had that day.

I've run into a few shinies throughout most of my games. The most memorable so far was when I was playing Black the first time and I got into a double battle with two gothitas. The shiny version only differs in the coloration of the eyes, so I had to look reeeeeally hard to make sure I wasn't just imagining it, but it was shiny and I caught it, and that's why I love that particular family so much now!

One of my friends has some sort of shiny super-luck, because for a while there it seemed like every two or three days he'd have another shiny. We were all totally jealous.

I got a shiny Hydreigon in negotiations the other day. This is my fourth B/W shiny after Corsola,Spinarak and Tepig. Sadly,as much as I Ev train,I still haven't ran into any wild shinies this gen.

Yesterday on HeartGold, I was gonna train my Shaymin in Mt. Silver Cave, and THE FIRST pokemon I run into is a shiny Donphan. I was so amazed I still can't believe it happened :p

Just curious - how many Shiny entries do you have in your Pokédex? As starting with Black and White, when you see a shiny Pokémon, that form is recorded in the Pokédex. Anyways, I have 21 (soon to be 22 with the Japanese Rayquaza event):

Machamp (Caught in my Japanese Pearl as a Machop)
Eevee (Pokémon VGC 2010)
Vaporeon (My little brother evolved his VGC10 Vaporeon and traded it to me briefly so I could get it in my Pokédex)
Gyarados (Guess where that came from?)
Spinarak (Found in HeartGold)
Ariados (evolved Spinarak)
Pichu (Wi-Fi Event)
Politoed (Someone traded me one that turned out to be hacked)
Raikou (Wi-Fi Event)
Entei (Wi-Fi Event)
Suicune (Wi-Fi Event)
Larvitar (VGC12)
Pupitar (Evolved Larvitar)
Tyranitar (Evolved Pupitar)
Milotic (VGC09)
Chimchar (Hatched)
Monferno (Evolved Chimchar)
Infernape (Evolved Infernape)
Amoonguss (Friend caught one, traded it to me briefly for Pokédex purposes)
Druddigon (Friend hatched one; traded it to me briefly for Pokédex purposes)
Golurk (Japanese Wi-Fi Event)
7 were obtained by me (As in, without trade or official distribution) and 4 were traded to me by someone else (with 3 of them traded back to their owner) - the other 10 were from official distributions.

One of my friends has some sort of shiny super-luck, because for a while there it seemed like every two or three days he'd have another shiny. We were all totally jealous.
Prime had that kind of luck during his run on FireRed: he found a shiny Oddish and a shiny Meowth within hours of each other. Me, I had found a shiny Tangela a couple of weeks before so I was all kinds of jealous. But now the tide has turned--I have more shinies via soft resetting than he does. He says that I have the patience for it and I guess he's right.

As for the Masuda Method, I'm failing rather spectacularly at it. Slaggit Guardian, where the scrap are you?! >.<

It is very suiting that while I was reading this thread on shiny encounters, I just came across a shiny Bronzor in Platinum at Mt. Coronet. It was a pleasant surprise to look back at my DS and see the shiny green pokemon. I did catch it using my Scizor with False Swipe.

This week was so amazing! I was lucky: On Monday I spent time in the Desert Ruins Ev-training my Vaporeon for defense and i ran into what? I shiny Cofagrigus. Nice.
Yesterday I re-started my Platinum for a Nuzlocke challenge and I picked Turtwig. When Barry challenged me to my first match I couldn't believe that I picked up a shiny one. This was my first time ever picking a shiny starter. ^^

Back
Top Bottom