• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Shinx and I'm using my English Luxray and my Spanish Luxray. I'm gonna Wonder Trade the rest of them. My Hatch Count is in my sig. I really love the colours of Shiny Shinx!

Trying to breed Tyrogue so I can have a better one to breed with (after evolving it beforehand). Fifth egg is a Shiny. o_O

I restarted my game to play as the male character, and that's when I saw it:

A shiny Sigilyph!

I caught him! While I never really paid any attention to this Pokemon other than the amount of experience points it gives, I love his colors! It's too bad he has a terrible nature.

I'm trying to hatch a shiny Zorua, Cubone, Eevee, Piplup, and a Fennekin after all of these.

The Cubone is for a friend though c: They hatch quite fast.

My first shiny I've ever encountered was an Eevee, male. It was funny, because I told myself over and over again that I'm not going to give up that night hunting until I got an Eevee, and an Eevee came 20 minutes right after I said that! I evolved it into a beautiful blue male Sylveon...and no, he isn't for trade. I'm too attached to him.

I received a Perfect IVs Shiny Ditto from a very generous user that I'm going to use for breeding.

Also in my Friend Safari I caught a Shiny Throh after a week of searching for Shiny from that particular FS.

I owned a shiny reuniclus once. I had another shiny encounter in ruby.

I have never encountered a Shiny in the wild in any of the games all the way up to X and Y. Though I have taken a different route and have successfully hatched more than I can count. I'm using this opportunity to complete a long dream of mine to get a Shiny of all the Eevee evolutions and I am almost there! The mesuda method is a wonderful thing. Currently Sylveon, Vaporeon, Flareon, and Espeon are all shiny on my team with Jolteon being in the works atm with the correct natures. Wish me luck!

Last night I caught a shiny Phantump--meh--and a shiny Golurk--oh slag yes!--in my Ghost Friend Safari. Talk about awesome! I'm thinking I may try for a shiny Sawk in one of my Fighting Safaris. That shouldn't take me long...I hope.

I'm currently working on trying to hatch a shiny Charmander (with a possibility of it having it's Hidden Ability) on my X version with no luck (perhaps I should Poke Transfer my foreign Ditto to help out...?) but that's been put on hold as I work on starting my Y version since I'm trying to reset for a shiny Froakie. I don't really like it's shiny coloring all that much (I prefer the silver fox look of Fennekin), but a shiny Greninja? Yes please! (Plus I started with Fennekin in X, so there's that). I've been working on it for 2 weeks or so (with breaks in between) with no luck (though I did accidentally choose Fennekin a few times so I hope that didn't screw things up).

It would be so much easier (and quicker) if I could see it when I chose it instead of having to go through the entire selection process and wait until I can see its status screen.

I've also thought about trying to start Y with all three starters as shinies, but I'm not sure I want to do it as I really want to start playing Y and I don't want it to take too long. I guess it will depend on how much longer it takes me to get my shiny Froakie (I want my black ninja frog...)

I've been having a good shiny-finding week, at least by my standards. Sunday I stumbled on a shiny Druddigon while level-grinding in Victory Road, and then last night I found a Whismur in a horde. I just got my Shiny Charm from Sycamore, so I'm ramping up my efforts to Masuda myself an Eevee... I spent two years trying in Black2, and since about November in X with no luck... maybe this charm will do the -waitforit- charm. -puts sunglasses on-

X and Y has so many new opportunities to catch shiny pokemon, it just doesn't feel the same any more. Poke Radar (I find this stupid this generation), Masuda Method (never had luck with this), Chain Fishing (too easy but do it when im bored), then there are the Friend Safaris and Horde Battles which i have heard they have a bigger chance to get shinies. Then the Shiny Charm makes it even more of a chance which effects EVERY POKEMON.
As much as i think this is cool it just doesn't feel the same, even though i got my first actual shiny pokemon in white version and i always like trying to find shinies in XY

It's been a while since I've been here! :eek:

Anyway, I just caught a shiny Gurdurr a few days ago while evolving some Pokemon! :D

I've been having a good shiny-finding week, at least by my standards. Sunday I stumbled on a shiny Druddigon while level-grinding in Victory Road, and then last night I found a Whismur in a horde. I just got my Shiny Charm from Sycamore, so I'm ramping up my efforts to Masuda myself an Eevee... I spent two years trying in Black2, and since about November in X with no luck... maybe this charm will do the -waitforit- charm. -puts sunglasses on-

From personal experience in Black and White 1 and from X and Y breeding I can tell you the Masuda method is working very well. I have successfully hatched several shinnies this method including several eevees. If you are interested in my findings let me know!

Finally after 764 horde encounters , I finally found a shiny Durant! Woo second longest hunt yet! Quirky nature with hustle ability

Managed to come across a Shiny Trevenant in a horde encounter earlier this evening. Named her Birchwood, she had an Adamant Nature and 2 IVs in HP and Attack.

While in the process of making my Fairy-type Gym Leader team's Dedenne, I accidentally wound up with a Relaxed x/31/31/31/31/x Shiny Dedenne. I was surprised.

From personal experience in Black and White 1 and from X and Y breeding I can tell you the Masuda method is working very well. I have successfully hatched several shinnies this method including several eevees. If you are interested in my findings let me know!
Very interested! PM the details if you don't mind, I'd love to see your luck with Masuda-ing shinies, especially since my experience in it has sucked.

You may just be my good luck charm... I just found a horde of Nosepass with my second shiny Nosepass today.

I will say that hordes have been treating me great - found a Mime Jr. and a Yanma yesterday. Kinda disappointed that the Yanma has its hidden ability, Frisk pales in comparison to Tinted Lens and Speed Boost, imho.

I have a question concerning Shinies. What is the Friend Safari method that apparently people have had much success with? I looked a method up, but so far I've had no joy.

Back
Top Bottom