• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I have a question concerning Shinies. What is the Friend Safari method that apparently people have had much success with? I looked a method up, but so far I've had no joy.
Just encountering in the Friend Safari, there's no real special method to it, just go to the friend safari and start encountering Pokemon. You can use Encounter Power to find Pokemon more quickly.

I have a question concerning Shinies. What is the Friend Safari method that apparently people have had much success with? I looked a method up, but so far I've had no joy.
Just encountering in the Friend Safari, there's no real special method to it, just go to the friend safari and start encountering Pokemon. You can use Encounter Power to find Pokemon more quickly.

Ah, okay, thanks. Is there actually an increased shiny encounter rate? Or is it just that it's easier to search for the Pokemon you want?

Ah, okay, thanks. Is there actually an increased shiny encounter rate? Or is it just that it's easier to search for the Pokemon you want?

An increased encounter rate has not been proven, though it is easier to find a specific shiny due to the fact that there are only three different Pokemon species in one safari.

Ever since I obtained the Shiny Charm, I've been having crazy shiny luck. I've caught almost thirty shiny Pokémon since 2/6/14: a Foongus, a Trevenant, a Pyroar, a Fennekin, a Swirlix, a Tyrunt, a Furfrou, a Braixen, a Frogadier, a Gogoat, a Pancham, two Espurr, a Helioptile, a Dedenne, a Sliggoo, a Phantump, a Pumpkaboo, a Bergmite, a Noibat, two Drowzee, a Golurk, and three Snorunt. I'm now trying to collect shiny versions of every Pokémon native to Kalos. The below image shows my collection as of today.

24ctwyw.png

I have never encountered a Shiny in the wild in any of the games all the way up to X and Y. Though I have taken a different route and have successfully hatched more than I can count. I'm using this opportunity to complete a long dream of mine to get a Shiny of all the Eevee evolutions and I am almost there! The mesuda method is a wonderful thing. Currently Sylveon, Vaporeon, Flareon, and Espeon are all shiny on my team with Jolteon being in the works atm with the correct natures. Wish me luck!

We have the same dreams! I've been hunting for quite a long time in the Safari Zone for a shiny Eevee. I was lucky enough to find someone with an Eevee in theirs with the help of this website.

Ever since I obtained the Shiny Charm, I've been having crazy shiny luck. I've caught almost thirty shiny Pokémon since 2/6/14: a Foongus, a Trevenant, a Pyroar, a Fennekin, a Swirlix, a Tyrunt, a Furfrou, a Braixen, a Frogadier, a Gogoat, a Pancham, two Espurr, a Helioptile, a Dedenne, a Sliggoo, a Phantump, a Pumpkaboo, a Bergmite, a Noibat, two Drowzee, a Golurk, and three Snorunt. I'm now trying to collect shiny versions of every Pokémon native to Kalos. The below image shows my collection as of today.

24ctwyw.png

Impressive! The only shinies I've ever found in-game are the ones everyone finds(Shiny Gyarados, Shiny Dratini). And lol, 'Dani Phantump' :p

While breeding Bulbasaur for IVs, one hatched into a random shiny. Bad IVs, but I don't mind for shinies.

I lucked out big time when I was IV breeding Bulbas recently. In the one breeding session I hatched TWO shinies and one of them was Brave nature, 31/31/31/31/31/? so basically perfect! I love it so much!

In the same session I also bred a 6V mother with a 1V father and hatched a 6V egg! I didn't even know that was possible! Sadly that luck didn't last...

Hey! New to the forum and thread here. I have been rather persistent and lucky this generation and have caught shiny pokemon thought a variety of means. Although it took 600 hours my collection now numbers few hundred total. Reason I am posting is to inquire wherther any of you fellow shiny hunters would be inerested in my shiny pumpkaboo and/or shiny phantump I have found today while roaming ghost safaris. I am particularly interested in shiny amaura - as it's the only non legend I need to fill my shiny kalos dex. That said, I am very much ok with other offers as well.

Happy hunting!

Was retraining my Klefki Ringlet in Route 16, since her moveset was planned to be different from her brother. Ran into a Murkrow horde. Almost ran before I saw a purple one. Caught him with a Critical capture.

Named him Amethyst.

Just "accidentally" bred a shiny Litwick while breeding for a perfect Chandelure, it's Timid nature with 31 IVs in HP, Defense and Special Attack, i'm really happy since Chandelure has one of the awesomest shiny form ever.

Yesterday, after several weeks of casual hatching and 600ish eggs I finally got my Shiny Charizard. The only thing it was missing is that its Special Attack wasn't 31. However, I can certainly live with a Special Attack IV of 24. Plan on pairing this bad boy up with a Winter Sawsbuck for Super Doubles. Total cynergy of the Fire/Ice look.

Male, Timid, Solar Power, Luxury Ball, Hatch Location (Pokemon League), Dragon Pulse
31 IV in HP, Defense, Special Defense and Speed

Last edited:
Just hatched a Shiny Oshawott while breeding for Oshawotts for Wonder Trade Wednesday. Nicknamed him Rayzhel (corruption of Razor Shell). I wasn't getting to the good IV ones yet, but here he is:
BhspBeGCUAA517B.jpg

24ctwyw.png
What, I missed one? How is that possible?! :lol:

I'm kidding, of course. Congrats! I myself am trying to get a shiny Sawk from the Friend Safari. I'd prefer him to be Adamant but Nature and Ability mean little to me when it comes to a shiny hunt. So far nothing yet, but it took me two weeks to get my Grand Riser so I'll keep trying.

I just encountered a shiny Gothorita. If it weren't for the violet eyes, I wouldn't have noticed.

I've just come across a horde of Gligar and the far right one was shiny! :)

Yesterday, I fished a shiny Octillery, a shiny Corsola, a shiny Remoraid, a shiny Poliwag (I evolved him immediately), and a shiny Qwilfish.

Today, I snagged a shiny Staryu in a chain of three, and a shiny Clauncher in a somewhat long chain.

During IV breeding, I ended up with a Shiny Magikarp. The first evolution line that I have shinies for each Pokemon in the line, since I have a Red Gyarados that I brought through Poke Transporter.

While breeding for a Jolly Heracross I got a shiny one. I was so happy since I've never had a shiny before. I should figure out a way to use a Bashful Heracross... ^^||

Back
Top Bottom