• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Wow, I have never been lucky with shinies. Today, while playing a nuzlocke of platinum, I was on my way out of the lost tower when I found a shiny Gastly. Modest nature, too! Score! But THENNN I got to route 215 and my first encounter was a shiny Lickitung!! This is the most luck I've ever had in my life!

My first ever random shiny enconter, Shiny Beautifly!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I caught a shiny Snover, two shiny Basculin, and a shiny Poliwhirl.

Fished a shiny Corsola yesterday, and encountered a shiny Psyduck today in a horde!

I forgot about the shiny Clamperl I also caught today. XD Whoops.

I just encountered a shiny Butterfree in a Friend Safari! Flawless HP and Speed, and it even has its Hidden Ability (Tinted Lens).

Found shiny Beautifly in friend safari. Perfect Spatk and Spd

Maaaaaaaan, I got super lucky yesterday. Another shiny Psyduck, a shiny Hoppip, and two shiny Murkrow! Hordes have to be my favorite shiny encounter method now.

Was trying to breed a male Adamant Solosis with 31 Attack so I can breed a Ralts for a potential Gallade. Took 5 eggs to finally get one male...

And it's Shiny. O_O

Encountered shiny Seviper and shiny Heracross on the same day! I had shiny Seviper once in my Sapphire, but I reseted the game just to play through it again. Stupid, stupid me. But I'm glad to have one again!

The other day I found a shiny Floette in the friend safari, which I purposely did to prove something to a friend. Afterwards, I figured I'd try my luck in a different safari and 10 minutes later, a shiny Sigilyph appeared (a shiny I've been wanting for some time)!

The Floette turned out to have some solid stats, plus a Modest nature. But the Sigilyph was even better, with perfect HP, Sp Atk, and Sp Def......and a careful nature *saddest face imaginable*.

I have caught a bunch of shiny Poliwhirl and Basculin over the last few days. (Dratini hunts... ugh.)

Other than those, I snagged a shiny Pancham that I evolved into Pangoro, a shiny Lapras that was a reclaim, a shiny Fraxure, a shiny Beartic, a shiny Inkay, and a shiny Alomomola.

Trying to get a shiny Minun (after I successfully caught one and forgot to save), but never found one. Got 5 shiny Plusle, 2 shiny Scraggy and 2 shiny Gulpin in the process though.

I caught a shiny Chatot earlier today. Sadly it has a Brave nature (exactly the opposite nature I wanted.) Now I'm hoping to run into a shiny Dedenne.

right after I got the Shiny Charm, I was Horde EV training in Reflection Cave when I ran into Carbink/Roggenrola horde with a shiny Roggenrola in it.

I haven't really been actively hunting shinies for a long time, but just yesterday I suddenly decided that I could try to finally replace my mediocre in-game team and try to persevere to replace some with shinies. I started working on a Froakie, and probably less than two boxes* worth of them, I got what I was looking for:
RPSmkQb.jpg

Okay, it's "only" 4IV (from 6IV Ditto + 5IV-without-Atk Froakie parents), but my current one is 0IV, not shiny and has Torrent, so I have nothing to complain about here. Really didn't expect it to be this easy.

*) I released everything with Torrent on sight so I don't have exact egg counts. Among Protean ones only, it was the 39th one.

Back
Top Bottom