• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Was fishing for Clamperl (on the wrong route ^_^;) and hey! shiny Chinchou. XD

ETA: And just now, I asked for a Porygon2 on the GTS and was sent a shiny one! ^___^

Last edited:
I came across 3 shinies in one friend Safari within 1 1/2 hour trying to catch all different nature of Ditto. First I caught Loudred, then Teddiursa, then finally a Ditto!

Shiny female Snorunt hatched from an egg while I was breeding for a better-natured Snorunt. It didn't have a better nature, but neutral is better than bad. Now it's a shiny Froslass. ^_^ Serendipity...

I bred a shiny Timid Ralts last night. Surprisingly, not only did she turn out female, but she also had perfect Sp. Attack and Speed. (Which is weird, because I don't think her parents specialized in those areas.)

I hatched a shiny Phione in Black2 - within less than 30 eggs!!

It's so cute! I'm going to transfer it over to Y version via Bank :D

Last edited:
Deposited a 3IV Magmar holding a Magmarizer and asked for an Entei just so I can get the dex entry. The Entei I got was Shiny (and not the event one!). o_O Okay then...

My friend is clearly skilled in the ways of bewitching the RNG. I've been breeding Torchics for three weeks, and have gone through hundreds of eggs. Since she was lucky today and hatched herself a shiny Feebas, she decided to try to breed Torchics as well for me. So, an hour after I trade her one of my five IV Torchics as a parent, she texts me to let me know she hatched a shiny one in twenty eggs.

Incidentally, that's her third shiny hatching in the space of a week, so she's scads luckier than me or the rest of our friends. Already two of our friends have hit her up to breed for shinies for them.

I caught a shiny Hoothoot about four hours ago. He's now a Noctowl.

I caught a shiny Shuckle at 8:34 PM CDT. He's Bold and very cute.

What makes him very special is the fact that he is the 100th shiny I have ever caught. ^_^ I named him Sto, which is Russian for one hundred.

After many eggs, hatched a Shiny Ralts that's only 8 HP IV short of being flawless, but it's good enough and I can't wait to train it.

Last edited:
About forty minutes ago, I caught a shiny Tropius for St. Patrick's Day. I nicknamed her Banana because I'm a bit of a dork.

EDIT: At 4:38 CDT I caught a shiny Magician Klefki.

Last edited:
Really amazed by this one. A flawless Jolly shiny Riolu with 4 egg moves. Best part? Hatched at less than 100 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom