• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

My first X/Y shiny has arrived. While fishing for a Horsea for my dex, one finally jumped out, and I figured while I got this chain going might aswell try for a shiny. The very next catch was that shiny. A shiny green Horsea!

Feels good to finally snag a shiny and i can't wait for the next one.

Finally bred a Protean Froakie, too bad it only has 12 IV in Sp. Atk.

I found a shiny Whismur while horde training my Hitmonchan! Soundwave the Exploud is now one of my competitive mons.

I got a shiny Minccino in a Friend Safari! My stylus was less than 1mm away from the 'run' button before I saw what it was. Yayy!

Oh man, a shiny Dunsparce just appeared and I caught it in a Heal Ball! It has a terrible ability (run away) but it's so pretty! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, at around 6:10 CDT, I caught a shiny Manectric. She is Hasty, but I searched for her and eventually caught her; I'm not complaining.

So I went on a fishing blitz yesterday and nabbed these lovely sparklies:

Seaking Calm Swift Swim
Magikarp Modest Swift Swim
Clamperl Serious Shell Armor
Octillery Calm Sniper
Luvdisc Jolly Swift Swim
Chinchou Quiet Volt Absorb
Barboach Calm Anticipation

I'm still mad over this. I was searching for a single King's Rock and I remembered the Poli line has a chance to carry it.

I find a Shiny Poliwhirl before I found one with King's Rock. 8I

(ended up getting my king's rock x 2 in a friend safari with hariyama)

This morning playing Ruby in Safari zone trying to catch Pikachu to breed for Pichu to then evolve at lv 6 to in-game trade for Skitty to then transfer up to White via Platinum, and out pops an all-green Oddish!!! Successfully caught on first try, neutral nature & stats look good but the problem becomes; do i evolve it with the leaf stone or the sun stone???

In Silver, I recently found a Shiny Machop in Mt. Mortar, and I immediately made it part of my team for that playthrough. Shiny Machamp FTW!

I was stuck at work this morning so I decided to run around in my Friend Safaris. I hit a Ghost Safari and after 467 encounters, I found another shiny Golurk. Two Luxury Balls later and he was mine. Adamant with Iron Fist and perfect in HP and Attack. Relatively superior potential overall. Might send this big beauty to Omega Ruby in November, just because. XD

I was stuck at work this morning so I decided to run around in my Friend Safaris. I hit a Ghost Safari and after 467 encounters, I found another shiny Golurk. Two Luxury Balls later and he was mine. Adamant with Iron Fist and perfect in HP and Attack. Relatively superior potential overall. Might send this big beauty to Omega Ruby in November, just because. XD

Nice luck there, on your 50th Golurk no less? Lol.

Ran into my 3rd shiny Murkrow while horde training. Now a Honchkrow nicknamed Luca. D'aww. Think I'll keep this one.

I caught a shiny male Boldore at 8:20 CDT (Twenty-three minutes ago)

He is Brave, and his perfect IVs are in HP and Attack.

Adamant Gible. Shiny Garchomp is pretty bland, but its Mega is interesting.

Nice luck there, on your 50th Golurk no less? Lol.
I know, right? I have other Safaris but I keep heading to the blasted Ghost one. Darn it all, Golurk! Stop being so awesome and cute and let me catch some other shinies! :lol:

Still no luck on the Sawk front, though I'm thinking of trying again... and again.... and AGAIN....! But I'm also thinking of hitting either my Dragon Safari or one of my Water Safaris. I've got a Dragon Safari that has Trapinch and I could very well correct the mistake I made back when I was playing Pearl--namely, resetting on a shiny Vibrava. But I wouldn't mind nailing a shiny Frogadier or Gyarados either. The only problem? My Water Safari has Bibarel and knowing my luck, I'd get a sparkly beaver that I didn't really want. :sweat:

I tried for a shiny Tangela in Friend Safari, but ended up getting a Shiny Sawsbuck. I'm trying for a shiny Drowzee now but with my luck I'll get a shiny Gothorita (which. I already have in my Shiny Dex).

Tonight, I caught a shiny Shuckle and a shiny Palpitoad.

Working towards a shiny Mudkip. Been about 180 so far. In the words of the Hoenn game corner: "Nothing Doing!"

Back
Top Bottom