• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I did it again. While hatching for HA female togepi, I get a shiny in ten eggs 8I

I still don't have the female I need...

I encountered a Level 23 shiny Carbink in Reflection Cave. I caught it with one Dusk Ball (and a critical capture). It had Bashful nature and no outstanding IVs -__-.

I hatched a 6 max IV Shiny Abra...now if only it had Magic Guard instead of Inner Focus.

I never reported it but a few weeks ago I found my first shiny in Pokémon X: a shiny Taillow in a Horde! I was so scared of accidentally fainting it, hah. In the end I got the little bugger and it is now resting in my (pretty empty so far) PC Box for shiny Pokémon.

Yesterday, I caught a shiny Electrode. It scared me because I laid down with the 3DS beside my head. XD Damn you, sparkle sound!

I found three shinies earlier tonight. I was EV training and in the space of around an hour or two I found a shiny Gligar, a shiny Arbok and then a shiny Wingull. All three in hordes of course. I already hatched a shiny Gligar a few weeks back, but the Arbok and Wingull are pretty cool new additions to my collection.

I've been MMing for a shiny Stunfisk for a while now, so I decided to take a break and roam a Dragon Safari that I recently acquired

After about half an hour, I encountered a shiny Gabite :D

I'm afraid I've spent my shiny credit for this month with that Gabite though :s
I'll keep MMing Stunfisk regardless
[DETERMINATION INTENSIFIES]

I was browsing this thread, then I found a shiny Petilil! She has a Lax nature and her hidden ability, so like my other shiny Petilil, she'll be boxed and left to gather dust. I love her.

I hatched a 6 max IV Shiny Abra...now if only it had Magic Guard instead of Inner Focus.

oh god, inner focus is the worst ability option for Abra.

Well, I can give it an Ability Capsule to change it to Synchronize. Also, there is the option of Mega Evolving it.

EDIT: Recently bred a Shiny Electrike: 31/x/30/31/31/31; too bad the x is an odd number, otherwise it would have HP Ice.

Last edited:
So last week I managed to snag myself a shiny Adamant female Gyarados with Intimidate and decided that yeah, I needed the Mega Stone for this bad girl. Last night I got my Mega Ring upgraded and since I had also gotten Absol's Mega Stone, I figured I'd try to nail a shiny one. I hit my Dark Safari and hoped for the best.

Apparently, that Safari loved me, as it surrendered no less than three shinies: two male Sneasel--one with its Hidden Ability--and an Adamant female Absol with Justified. The moment I saw that Absol and stared into her beautiful eyes and saw that glorious arc near her forehead I knew exactly what I would name her.

She is Lady Loki and soon to be the glorious and lovely angel of disaster. Fear her, mortals! :evil:

(See, I can catch Pokemon other than Golurk! Sometimes....)

How do people find shinies so easily in the Friend Safari? I've never run into a wild shiny in the whole Kalos region... is the rate boosted in the safari or something? I can't even PokeRadar chain in there.

How do people find shinies so easily in the Friend Safari? I've never run into a wild shiny in the whole Kalos region... is the rate boosted in the safari or something? I can't even PokeRadar chain in there.

Yes, the rates for shinies are increased to 1/500 for the fs. With the high odds, pokeradar isnt allowed, and shiny charm dosent affect it.

Yes, the rates for shinies are increased to 1/500 for the fs. With the high odds, pokeradar isnt allowed, and shiny charm dosent affect it.
:goof: ... Sheesh. 1 out of 500?? Why do I never figure out stuff like this earlier?!

I caught a shiny Timid male Venomoth five minutes ago. :3

:goof: ... Sheesh. 1 out of 500?? Why do I never figure out stuff like this earlier?!

I heard that the Friend Safari has a high shiny encounter rate, but I didn't know it was THAT high...

1/512 is the actual chance, but yeah. It's very high. :D

I love hunting there for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom