• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I was iv breeding my gastly and I hatched a shiny! Too bad it was in my Soul Silver and not my X version. I really want a shiny mega gengar but I don't have wifi or pokebank ) :

Seems like my brother scored a real gem- a Shiny Manaphy with perfect IV's all the way. Too bad its owner named it "It's shiny!". Darn it.

I got a Shiny Psyduck a couple of days ago, while training my pokemon.

IT WAS MY FIRST SHINY IN X/Y. AND I'VE BEEN PLAYING EVER SINCE IT CAME OUT.

I caught my first shiny when I was exploring the friend gardens. He is a Abra so I named him Flash :)

The funny part about it was I caught him on April Fool's Day, so I still check to make sure it wasn't a hoax XD

I went around the friend safari and found a shiny Corsola! So cute!

Corsola kept using Iron Defense, so I thought it would be okay to bring its HP down by using Payback, a relatively weak physical attack.

But... Umbreon decided it would be a good idea to Crit Hit the shiny Corsola and kill it.

Well, at least it was the Friend Safari. I might be able to see it again.

I'm an idiot.

I've been hatching Phione for Wonder Trade again, only halfway paying attention to what I'm doing. The plan was to hatch five, Wonder Trade them, then do the whole thing again tomorrow, as I have for a few days now. That's what I did tonight, too; hatched five Phione, started to Wonder Trade them, but an instant before I hit the button to trade number three, the tiny red star on its status screen caught my eye.

...No, that couldn't be right. It didn't really look any different to the other ones... but wait, wasn't the gem on Phione's chest supposed to be red?

I can't believe I nearly did that. I'd never even have known.

I caught a Shiny Scraggy in a horde. Really happy, because the anime really made me like that Pokémon. I was pretty much stressing out to capture it, because the other Scraggy all got burned by my Volcarona's Flame Body. Luckily the Shiny one didn't. They kept using Sand-Attack, which was really annoying. The others ultimately all fell to their burn, and then I caught the Shiny one with a Premier Ball.

A shiny Shuppet, a Shi-ppet.

EDIT: Adding a shiny Litwick, particularly proud of this one. It has its HA and a spread of 25/x/31/31/31/31

Last edited:
After several days of nothing, I found and caught a Shiny Drifblim, Shiny Lampent, and Shiny Phantump. First two this morning, Phantump not too long ago.

Shiny Magikarp. Only in Sp. DEF. it has 21 IV, the rest are flawless.

My first shiny I caught was a shiny Claydol in the relic castle on Pokemon black.I was about to go up and fight Volcarona,when all a sudden a shiny Claydol appeared.I was absolutely shocked,and thankfully,I managed to catch it.I nicknamed it WHAT?!?!?!? but changed it before transferring it to X/Y because it was an awful nickname (I changed my Claydol's name to Cosmo for those wondering).

I was just training up my Mew in the friend safari, when a shiny Larvesta popped up. I saw yellow in the corner of my eye while watching TV and looked down to see the fluffy larva sittin' pretty. Timid nature, perfect Sp. Attack and Speed IVs, and hidden ability Swarm to boot; helluva catch.

I've been chainfishing on route 21 for a shiny Dratini and in the first two sessions I caught 3 shiny Poliwhirls (Of which one had perfect IV's for it's HP) and 3 shiny Basculin.

And saturday, early on my third chain-fishing session, I finally found and caught a shiny Dratini. (Male, Bold nature, Strong Willed, Superior potential, no perfect IV's). I wanted to name it Pachinko, after the Japanese chance game and because how rare Dratini are, especially shiny Dratini , but the game didn't accept it so I had to shorten it to Pachy.

For the first time in my entire Pokemon career I caught a shiny Pokemon.
I never had the patience to go shiny hunting and frankly, I still don't.
I went to the friend safari for training (Normal Safari with Audino, expzzz) when all of a sudden I started running around in a straight horizontal line.
I was just thinking to myself "hey, maybe I run into a shiny this way." Very next patch of grass: boom. Shiny Audino!

I never experienced goosebumps during a game, but this was a first. I know that an Audino isn't very exciting, but encountering a shiny was. Now I know why people get so hyped when they find one.

(Yes I caught it luckily)

I just encountered shiny Geodude. Worst part is it is part of horde. I'm worried that other Geodude would spam Magnitude... And I don't have Heal Pulse in my team. I was tempt to use all range attack but didn't use, in case there're others have sturdy and might use Magnitude. Or shiny Geodude doesn't have sturdy. So I used one-target attack to pick them off except shiny one.

Thankfully, just one of them used Magnitude once and it wasn't powerful. Most of them spam Rock Blast... Gee, that was annoying. Turns out that shiny Geodude has Rock Head. Good thing I didn't use all range attack.

Pretty stressful. Wished I would catch shiny Geodude at beginning with Quick Ball but can't.

Well, I must be lucky since I caught shiny Flabébé last week. I have other two shiny Pokémon from Friend Safari. I didn't have Shiny Charm.

Do X and Y have higher chance to encounter shiny Pokémon? I just have 4 shiny Pokémon from previous generations (Red Gyarados and black Haxous don't count).

^ Yup! The odds of finding shinies has been doubled in X and Y (from about 8000 to about 4000), and in the Friend Safari the odds are even higher (about 500)! So happy hunting!

^ Thanks for answering! I really want shiny Honedge so I guess I go to complete National Pokedex first to get Shiny Charm... that should make hunting easier...

Or bet my luck and go hunting/breeding. lol

Back
Top Bottom