• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Hatched a shiny Torchic yesterday after only a few batches of eggs. I was pretty surprised since it usually takes much longer than a few minutes (days longer). Planning to use it as my starter in OR in November, which is why I bred it.

On X, I have yet to find a shiny, despite having logged over 220 hours in-game and having the Shiny Charm. On one of my playthroughs on Y, though, the third wild Pokemon I encountered was a Shiny Bunnelby, which is now a Diggersby and is sitting in my Bank.

EDIT: After 245 hours of play, I finally found my first X shiny! It's a shiny female Aipom from the Friend Safari. I named her "Princess". :)

Last edited:
I topped over 300 hours before I found my first wild one. I was shiny hunting (fishing method) and wasn't having much luck, and when I was swimming around to get out of the water I randomly came across a shiny Tentacool!

Yesterday I found four, I repeat, 4 shinies in the friend safari. A trapinch, which is going on Omega Ruby, larvesta, Noibat and a camerupt. Not bad since my last shiny was a sewaddle on white 2

I don't know if this counts as an "encounter" but yesterday I put up a spare HA for an espeon on the gts and someone gave me a shiny!! <3

I don't know if this counts as an "encounter" but yesterday I put up a spare HA for an espeon on the gts and someone gave me a shiny!! <3
I got a random shiny slugma yesterday from the GTS too...I wonder if someone was feeling really generous?

Got a Shiny Entei from GTS last time
and this just happened today, I was checking the Pokemon in an ice safari and the first encounter was a shiny Delibird.

I was busy grinding a competitive team in Pokémon Y, when I found a Shiny female Heracross. I didn't have anything on me that was at a low enough level to NOT OHKO it, so I just started chucking Ultra Balls at it, which surprisingly didn't take as long as I thought it would. What's even better is that she has a Jolly nature, which I think is perfect for a Heracross.

I can't remember if I posted this anywhere else in the forums, but if I did, I apologize.

Yesterday I hatched a shiny Turtwig. I was just breeding for IVs, and he got Att, Def, SpDef and Speed in 31.

I was searching Spinda hordes for a Contrary Spinda only to find out I couldn't teach it Superpower when I came across a shiny one. First one I'd seen on my own in gen 6!

In the last week, Friend Safaris have been very kind:

Quilladin
Electrode
Paras
Garden Vivillon
Kecleon
Sableye
Inkay
Tyrogue
Gothorita

I get most of my shiny Pokemon through the Wonder Trade. I have okay luck in the Friend Safari and then trades from people. My newest one is a shiny Slugma.

Yesterday I was hatching three Bulbasaur eggs that I had (for some reason I thought you needed a female to pass down egg moves :/) and the first one I hatched was shiny. What the heck? It's got kinda crappy stats, but I think I may use a shiny Mega Venusaur as a special wall someday :D

Get shiny Stunfisk on Friend safary... :3

This one even have HA and 3 IV...

Finally got my shiny Treecko after 3 days of MM-ing for it. It completes my shiny Hoenn starter collection and will be used as my starter in OR, instead of my aforementioned Torchic.

I was in the GTS just looking at Gothoritas when I saw a shiny one going for a Porygon2. I quickly traded it and learned that it has perfect IVs and the nature that I was going to be breeding for.

I get most of my shiny Pokemon through the Wonder Trade. I have okay luck in the Friend Safari and then trades from people. My newest one is a shiny Slugma.
Lucky! I got a shiny Absol through WT and that's it.

Does anyone know when the soonest time the Shiny Charm can be picked up is? For example, if I restarted the game now and dumped the entire Pokédex into it immediately from Bank, could I get the Shiny Charm as soon as I find Sycamore in Lumiose??

Lucky! I got a shiny Absol through WT and that's it.

Does anyone know when the soonest time the Shiny Charm can be picked up is? For example, if I restarted the game now and dumped the entire Pokédex into it immediately from Bank, could I get the Shiny Charm as soon as I find Sycamore in Lumiose??
Don't quote me on this because I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's in the postgame since you're filling up the National Dex and that's when you unlock it.

Back
Top Bottom