• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I was EV training with Hordes in Y version, and I met a shiny Whismur in a horde. It's the second shiny Whismur. I'm thinking of evolving this buddy in ORAS for the Pokedex Pages. I already have a shiny Whismur from a previous encounter anyways.

It's been a while since I've posted here, and I've got numerous shinies since, but the most noteworthy is the shiny Illumise I caught in a berry tree. I never encountered a shiny this way before.

Just hatched a shiny Joltik a few days ago, it only has 3 perfect IVs so I won't be training it for battle but it looks incredibly adorable!

Omg! I was sneaking up on a Leaf storm Tropius, and the flying tree dinosaur comes out shiny! I was so scared of having it faint, but I managed to capture it fine XD

I was just fishing for Wailmer in team aquas base and I ended up with my first legitimate encounter with a shiny pokémon in the wild (the ones that are guaranteed to be shiny don't count) a shiny Wailmer.

This happened a few days ago, but... I was breeding a bunch of Scatterbug to send to Wonder Trade (Icy Snow isn't a too common pattern, and most players are playing ORAS right now anyway) and within the 250 or so eggs I managed to not only breed one but two shiny ones. International parents without a shiny charm, and even if I had had both the odds for this happening would still be very slim.

tumblr_ngh7kn5bvR1reqe7go2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngh7kn5bvR1reqe7go1_1280.jpg

So, I was walking around Route 123 in Omega Ruby, and got into a Horde encounter with 5 wild Shuppet. Out of sheer luck, one of them comes out shiny. Even though I'm not one of those people who go crazy over shinies, I took the chance and caught it. (My first actual shiny catch BTW. Shiny Beldum doesn't count because it's a mystery gift.) I feel like I've been really lucky in Pokémon recently, between this, randomly getting the Eon Ticket and finding a Hidden Ability Eevee without even looking for one.

I was flying around with Latias to look at the Mirage spots and went to Mirage mountain and decided to use the Pokenave in Alpha Sapphire. When it picked up a Stantler, I went to catch it so I can wonder trade it, instead I ran into a shiny one! I quickly caught it.

SR'ing for a gold ringed Reshiram, at 2100. My last surprise shiny was a golden Nosepass, just as I was completing my living Pokedex

I woke up today really feeling like replaying Platinum, no idea why. So I deleted my save file, throught of a nice team and went on with it.
After I reached Jublive, I decided to train Chimchar a 1 more level to get some Shinx attack EV's.
And behold! 1 Shinx away from the desired level and BAM! SHINY SHINX pops out! I'm changing my team now, this cutie is coming with me! <3
The very first time I ever caught a shiny in gen 4 (or any gen besides 6) and it's one of my favorites <3

I'm still trying to hatch a shiny Sewaddle, a shiny Swadloon is my number one favourite shiny and I must get it OwO. But the last shiny I encountered was a shiny Poochyena this morning in AlphaSapphire! It's also very pretty although I'm not a big fan of Poochyena line.

I nabbed a shiny Axew when horde training in X. Little guy is a cute though.

My very first shiny was an event Zigzagoon. It was at a Gamespot and I miraculously had my Gameboy sp with me at the time. I thought I got a normal Zigzagoon, but it I compared it to a normal one and found out he was shiny!
Then I ran into a shiny Unown in Leaf Green. I caught a shiny Wooper in the Great Marsh in Pearl; probably the luckiest catch in all of my Safari catches. I caught a shiny Swanna in Black, encountered a shiny Graveler not too long afterwards, but that one self destructed. I caught a shiny Skorupi and Nidorino in Pokemon X.
This isn't counting my other event and handed over shinies.

I've only encountered 3 random shinies in gens IV-V, 2 of which were 100% legit
1: Shiny Buneary in Platinum's Eterna Forest (I was exploring when this little lass popped up, and I was like OMG!!!!)
2: Shiny Pidove in Virbank Complex (Black 2)(I kind of cheated here, as a friend used the complete dex code, and the Shiny Charm helped me encounter this)
3: Shiny Herdier in B2 Route 3 (I was searching for Compoundeyes Yanma)

The first and only time that I had ever encountered a Shiny was a Minun in Emerald. I remember getting all excited about it, and my brother asked me sarcastically if it was the "chosen one". I felt like saying "BITCH IT MIGHT BE", but I didn't.

Encountered a Shiny Bibarel in the Pastoria Marsh in Platinum. Much hear-beating ensued. Decided to just go straight to chucking the Safari Balls just in case. First ball misses. Second ball catches it. Was so excited to actually find a Shiny in a Safari Zone and catch it at the same time. Was pretty disappointed that it was a Bibarel.

A couple of days ago, I ran into a shiny Lampent in a Ghost Safari. Caught her in a Quick Ball and named her Smolder. Now it's back to the Safari again, as I was looking for a different shiny....

Yeah, you guys know which one. This is me, you know. :rolleyes:

My first wild shiny was in ORAS. In XY, which is probably my most extensively played pokemon game, I never really went into the grass or caves after I beat the game. I got most of my pokemon off of the GTS. In ORAS, however, with the new DexNav feature, I decided to chain for a 3IV ditto, and got a shiny. It was only 2IV, but it was jolly nature, which is pretty good for breeding, as there are a lot of pokemon that are ideally have a jolly nature. I am kinda disappointed, as I would be surprised if I ever use a ditto in battle.

Back
Top Bottom